Wacken ban bags, BOA seem to be considering it?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Fjar
Denim Demon

Re: Wacken ban bags, BOA seem to be considering it?

Postby Fjar » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Including introducing women only carriages on trains because Muslims don't like women and men being together.

Yeah, that's definitely the reason. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Missed Gandalf's post through the creeping red mist. The very page you linked to lists SEVERAL non-Muslim countries that have used and STILL USE women-only transport. What were you trying to prove with that?

Apart from people should read before commenting? :P

Gandalf the Red wrote:Notice that the only countries that have them are ones with extremely prejudiced views on women and human rights in general.

I never mentioned Muslims in that post. The Orientals and Latinos are hardly the best behaved around women, are they?

The only other Western country to have toyed with the idea was Germany, the reason is that Muslims go around groping women, as has been highlighted in the press recently. New Year in Cologne being an example.

Surely it is better to educate and punish the perpetrators rather than end up with segregation by the back door, which is exactly what the Muslim extremists want. What next? Making women sit at the back of the bus?

We all know the real reasons Corbyn supports it and that's not because he supports women's safety.

EDIT: Hasty words. Apologies.

When you use the phrases that you do to describe actual, human, living people, I can tell we're absolutely never going to agree. I'll leave it at that.
Last edited by Fjar on Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:41 pm

My eyes are wide open. Everyone else is sleepwalking into a Muslim run totalitarian world state.

Do you really think these people want to live in peace and harmony? No. They want to destroy you and everything about you.

Why do you think we are having this conversation in the first place? It's not the Methodists who are going around killing people and making us have bag searches.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:43 pm

I'm gonna set up a stall selling tin foil hats. I'll make a fucking packet.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:51 pm

Brendancoles wrote:Is this a ban on backpacks in the arena or the entire festival? Arena - fine as I've never brought one in before anyway. If it's for the entire festival then that provides stupid amounts of upheaval to try and transport belongings. I have no problem waiting a little longer in queues if it abates peoples fears.

Only for the arena, banning them outright wouldn't be feasible and doesn't make sense. I don't mind a ban on them in the arena, but I can see why it would be annoying for some.

EDIT: I think this thread should be nominated for "Best BOA Forum Thread Derailment".

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:15 pm

This is the most interesting thread I've read on here since the days of Andy hall.
I see the bad moon arising.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:38 pm

A lofty claim!

V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Postby V-Man » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:14 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:My eyes are wide open. Everyone else is sleepwalking into a Muslim run totalitarian world state.

It's just clicked that you're satirising what an idiot on the internet sounds like and now I'm embarrassed because I thought you were seriously that out of touch with reality.

EDIT: words
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

Slev
Paster of Muppets

Postby Slev » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:30 am

Yeah, at this point Gandalf has either gone off the rails into tinfoil-hat-land, or has gone so far into POE territory we'd expect him to arrive at BOA with a raven on his shoulder.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:20 pm

Hmmm. Muslims attack concerts and festivals making festivals increase security and it's other people that are crazy? Blame the ones who are doing it and stop living in a dream world where everyone is nice and doesn't want to slit your throat.

I'm off for a pint and a bacon butty.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:39 pm

No, people are fully aware of what a danger extremist muslims are, that's not crazy. It's a nuanced issue that doesn't have an easy answer one way or the other, and it's hard to start dialogue about it because people on both sides of the argument being heard have the most extreme and loudest opinions.

The crazy part is this bit

sleepwalking into a Muslim run totalitarian world state.

Where you sound like you're about to follow that up with a talk about chem trails and moon nazis.

V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Postby V-Man » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:00 pm

I've be honest now and admit that for all my holier than thou outrage I do have a habit of type-casting people based upon ethnicity. For example whenever I see a socially awkward white guy driven by bigoted delusions of a secret muslim takeover I start getting these horror flashes about them waking up one morning and deciding to go full blown Anders Bering Brevik.
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

Slev
Paster of Muppets

Postby Slev » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:04 pm

In short, extremists are the problem, not members of a particular faith.

There are people who want their faith codified in law, whether Christian (Dominionists), Muslim (Islamists), or whatever. There are people who will kill for their faith (whether Daesh inspired terror, or people who bomb abortion clinics). There are similarly people who justify these acts with non-religious* reasons.

None of these people are automatically representative of the whole. I work and live along-side a large number of Muslims, many of who are culturally religious. Judging the majority by the activities of a disproportionately visible minority is illogical at best.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:03 pm

Jobdone wrote:No, people are fully aware of what a danger extremist muslims are, that's not crazy. It's a nuanced issue that doesn't have an easy answer one way or the other

No there is an easy answer- don't let the wrong fucking people into Europe in the first place. Case in point, when the UK values the "human rights" of violent Islamists over the security of their own citizens.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/543052/CIG_-_Egypt_-_Muslim_Brotherhood_-_v2.pdf
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:13 pm

Just got back from Wacken and TBH the bum bag issue was not an issue whatsoever. I acquired one and managed to fit everything I needed into it, with room to spare. A folded carrier bag carried within the bumbag allowed me to purchase merch and not get it soaked (although once filled, the bag could not be brought back into the security cordon).

Queues at the security checks were reduced substantially and the irritating idiots who fail to realise the extent of their turning circle whilst wearing a rucksack were eliminated.

Personally I would welcome such a decision at British venues in the future, as long as it was communicated clearly in advance.
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:33 pm

Jesus christ what a fucking shit storm this has turned into.
Have any of you ever been victimised because you were a certain race or nationality?
In Northern Ireland my dad faced abuse because he was raised protestant. Where he worked when there were people being taken and killed because they weren't in cahoots with the extremists his work mates were surprised when he came back alive and well.
When he moved to the England he faced discrimination and yet more abuse because he was from Northern Ireland and it was the time of the Troubles and obviously if he was from NI he wanted to blow up England and everyone in it.
Categorising a religion or race of people because of a few extremists is disgusting. I really hope that Gandalf is pulling everyone's legs and that he's not actually this much of a horrendous thundercunt.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.