Forum Memories

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Re: Forum Memories

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:49 pm

bloodfiend wrote:I don't think Andy Hall's been discussed enough, the board's so much duller without him having a hissy fit every time someone didn't agree with every word he said, or him constantly getting irate that Kittie weren't booked for the festival. He was definitely on the spectrum.

Probably. It's also depressing to watch a 40-something guy get really sycophantic towards the girls of the forum like "omg you are so beautiful!!!!111" :|

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:31 pm

I wonder if the girl who got pregnant one year at Bloodstock on a one night stand ever found the father
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Black Wizard
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:33 pm

Noodle wrote:I wonder if the girl who got pregnant one year at Bloodstock on a one night stand ever found the father

Did she come on the forum looking for him?

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:01 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
Noodle wrote:I wonder if the girl who got pregnant one year at Bloodstock on a one night stand ever found the father

Did she come on the forum looking for him?

Yep, I don't remember much about the thread though.

I for one miss the bowel movements thread, I had a once in a decade level shit earlier that needed to be discussed.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:38 pm

Ghost wrote:I used to love Darkweasel's pervy gifs that he'd put in the hot or not thread.

Go on then. For old times' sake.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:40 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Out of the people mentioned so far, I still bump into Holly occasionally at gigs.

I was stood next to you in the tent at Bloodstock (Ward XVI possibly?) but there was no point introducing myself as it was too loud to hear anything anyway.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:20 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
Ghost wrote:I used to love Darkweasel's pervy gifs that he'd put in the hot or not thread.

Go on then. For old times' sake.

Awesome :yes:
I see the bad moon arising.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:34 am

Darkweasel wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Out of the people mentioned so far, I still bump into Holly occasionally at gigs.

I was stood next to you in the tent at Bloodstock (Ward XVI possibly?) but there was no point introducing myself as it was too loud to hear anything anyway.

Quite probably. If it was that band then I think I was extremely hungover at that point.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:45 pm

someone else wrote:Andy Hall (still in action on every news page on Facebook)

Ha ha. I don't get to see that any more. He blocked me a while back after completely failing to see that I was arguing for democracy, not supporting fascism. Ho hum...

someone else wrote:Still in touch with ex members like Black Lagoon, Littlemissmetal, Twaddlefish,

I don't know Black Lagoon, but I'm still in touch with the other two, along with Kim, Raven, Hamdir, Andiferum, Dansiferum and a bunch of other former forum people.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:50 pm

Metalchemyst wrote:It was a good, lively forum for over ten years. Might still have been if it hadn't been for that last 'update'. Or was it starting to fade anyway?

It was maybe a little past its heyday, but it was still a well populated and viable place to interact with other festival goers. But the last update killed it off. And they don't care.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:10 pm

Tet wrote:
someone else wrote:Andy Hall (still in action on every news page on Facebook)

Ha ha. I don't get to see that any more. He blocked me a while back after completely failing to see that I was arguing for democracy, not supporting fascism. Ho hum...

I remember that! Didn't seem to get that free speech is absolute and you don't have to support what's being said to defend that! Rest assured he still seems to be able to argue opposing points on different threads without apparently noticing!
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

eyesore
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby eyesore » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:57 pm

im about to digress but just to clarify. freedom of speech, or more broadly freedom of expression, is far from absolute. in fact, theres quite a few exceptions. cheers. :)

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:56 pm

eyesore wrote:im about to digress but just to clarify. freedom of speech, or more broadly freedom of expression, is far from absolute. in fact, theres quite a few exceptions. cheers. :)

That was the point, really - Andy basicly argued he couldn't support anyone who defended the free speech of an opinion he didn't like. Just because there are legal limits does not mean people agree on those limits and some are more libertarian than others and do beleive that that freedom should be absolute.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:26 pm

Tet wrote:
someone else wrote:Still in touch with ex members like Black Lagoon, Littlemissmetal, Twaddlefish,

I don't know Black Lagoon,

You're friends on FB :?

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:00 am

eyesore wrote:im about to digress but just to clarify. freedom of speech, or more broadly freedom of expression, is far from absolute. in fact, theres quite a few exceptions. cheers. :)
That's the ironic thing about 'human rights' - they grant us freedoms we already had then put limits on them.
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH