Forum Memories

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Forum Memories

Postby Ghost » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:27 pm

Metalchemyst wrote:Hamdir's Nazi costume photos.

Ah back when there was totty on here. :lol:
I see the bad moon arising.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Metalchemyst wrote:The blond girl in the bikini in the photo from one of the festivals that was met with a lot of mickey-taking.

Ah I remember that. I remember seeing her at the fest in her bikini.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Double post

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:34 pm

TBF the bikini girl was fine compared to some of the mankini men in the last couple of years.

Worst was the green mankini guy in '17 with a sweaty hanging either side of the garment. My eyeballs/memory are still scarred

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:28 pm

Noodle wrote:Sniper Dogs was a thread (back in... '11, perhaps?) where someone wanted to know if there were going to be "snifer dogs". That single missing letter sparked a quick chain of evevents*, started by someone pointing out the typo looked a bit like "sniper"

Glad I missed this, sounds as funny as herpes. We're struggling if that was a board highlight.

I remember the girl who got "BOA 06" (or "boaob" as it looked) tattooed all the way down her arm after the aforementioned festival.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:12 pm

Sniper Dogs was quite funny actually. Especially as it was a druggy that was paranoid about his "stash" getting found.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned "Boobgate". When half the female forum members got into a tiz due to a young girl flashing a bit of cleavage. Some defensive and others being extremely judgemental. I seem to remember a few ragequits in the aftermath. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Thrash Bandicoot
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Thrash Bandicoot » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:29 pm

"Boobgate" was stupid for many reasons, but the one that annoyed me the most about it was the fact if Hannah or someone in that group had done it. Everyone would have been talking her up for the next year rather than making a thing out of it.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:36 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
Glad I missed this, sounds as funny as herpes. We're struggling if that was a board highlight.

Ya big meanie.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:37 pm

I seem to remember the boobgate girl looking really young too.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:24 pm

Ghost wrote:I remember Finnvitka because she used to have a Young Ones avatar. I recall her being pretty angry.

I also recall the forum becoming a much nicer place when she left :)

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:29 pm

NeglectedField wrote:
Ghost wrote:I remember Finnvitka because she used to have a Young Ones avatar. I recall her being pretty angry.

I also recall the forum becoming a much nicer place when she left :)

Ah I wonder where all these people are now.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:54 pm

Out of the people mentioned so far, I still bump into Holly occasionally at gigs.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Sniper Dogs was quite funny actually. Especially as it was a druggy that was paranoid about his "stash" getting found.

I actually do remember something about this, some guy coming on here asking how easy it was to smuggle weed in. Can't imagine a typo being that hilarious though.

I don't think Andy Hall's been discussed enough, the board's so much duller without him having a hissy fit every time someone didn't agree with every word he said, or him constantly getting irate that Kittie weren't booked for the festival. He was definitely on the spectrum.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:13 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Sniper Dogs was quite funny actually. Especially as it was a druggy that was paranoid about his "stash" getting found.

I actually do remember something about this, some guy coming on here asking how easy it was to smuggle weed in. Can't imagine a typo being that hilarious though.

That wasn't the funny bit. It was all photos of dogs with rifles that was funny.

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:24 am

It was a good, lively forum for over ten years. Might still have been if it hadn't been for that last 'update'. Or was it starting to fade anyway?
Last edited by Metalchemyst on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH