Dying community posts

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Noodle
I am the Law!

Re: Dying community posts

Postby Noodle » Tue May 22, 2018 6:47 am

Metalgal wrote:
Noodle wrote:Oh hi, Notts bloke here. Been a while since I've actually been out and about to things like Violated or ungluing my feet from City's floors...

I owe a lot to these hallowed pages of utter bollocks, so I'll always try to defend and promote this place as a means of communication and help as best I can. I do miss the golden era of silly fun and " vibrant discussion" but I do acknowledge these different times.

Is violated even still going on? I hate getting glued into social media but I’m currently trying to explain that the Union Jack isn’t the English flag to a bunch of morons :rolleyes: I don’t even have a phone I hate getting addicted :D naw that’s sweet noodle yes it would be nice to bring discussions back :) talking about that- oh wait wrong thread lol the admin have actually been moving my posts all over the place to the correct area :lol:

There was a Violated at the weekend actually! I missed it though as I was away. Their main problem is that it's not a consistently monthly thing any more. I only knew it was on because of facebook, and I suppose if you're not on there it'd be fairly difficult to find out unless your mates tell you. If I spot the next one I could PM you details on here and pass on any advanced requests for you if you plan to go.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Metalgal
Powermetal Child

Postby Metalgal » Tue May 22, 2018 2:32 pm

Ohh to bad I used to love violated, true though I have Facebook, thanks that would be good :)
I’m ready! I’m ready! I’m ready! ;)

Metalgal
Powermetal Child

Postby Metalgal » Tue May 22, 2018 2:34 pm

Metalchemyst wrote:
Metalgal wrote:I hate getting glued into social media but I’m currently trying to explain that the Union Jack isn’t the English flag to a bunch of morons :rolleyes: I don’t even have a phone I hate getting addicted :D
You think you've got it hard. I'm defending myself and Britain on a YouTube blog after criticising America's gun laws

Oh no they hate that, how did it go in the end, I’m still getting people from Scotland going ‘not my flag you English’ :D

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Wed May 23, 2018 9:15 pm

Metalgal wrote:Oh no they hate that, how did it go in the end, I’m still getting people from Scotland going ‘not my flag you English’ :D
Not as bad as I expected. They seemed to lose interset. It's only recently that I've experimented with posting on YT and Twitter and it's mostly a waste of time. There's a much better chance of having a good conversation on a forum but they seem to be going out of fashion. Maybe attention spans are getting shorter and shorter.

I'm interested in flag design and I've done quite a few alternatives for various countries. I remember not long ago when Theresa May met Nicola Sturgeon in Scotland and they were sat there with a flag either side of them. One was the Scottish flag and the other was . . . the Scottish flag!
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

Metalgal
Powermetal Child

Postby Metalgal » Wed May 23, 2018 9:51 pm

[/quote]Not as bad as I expected. They seemed to lose interset. It's only recently that I've experimented with posting on YT and Twitter and it's mostly a waste of time. There's a much better chance of having a good conversation on a forum but they seem to be going out of fashion. Maybe attention spans are getting shorter and shorter.

I'm interested in flag design and I've done quite a few alternatives for various countries. I remember not long ago when Theresa May met Nicola Sturgeon in Scotland and they were sat there with a flag either side of them. One was the Scottish flag and the other was . . . the Scottish flag![/quote]

I’m much more classic Facebook debate to be fair, although I say debate but many just argue and say stupid stuff.. yes I reckon it’s the attention span and the need for attention too. That’s Hilarious fits in perfectly with what the Scottish are arguing about that their flag is the only true flag because of the Union *facepalm emoji* (need one of these) :lol: