Dying community posts

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Metalgal
Powermetal Child

Dying community posts

Postby Metalgal » Sat May 12, 2018 7:37 pm

Is it me or has this site seriously decreased in popularity, there’s a lot of topics that seem to have thousands of posts that all generally died off last year or a few years ago, has everyone got kids and jobs and the such now or.. :|
I’m ready! I’m ready! I’m ready! ;)

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Re: Dying community posts

Postby WorMzy » Sat May 12, 2018 9:46 pm

I think most people just got fed up with the forum software "updates" which progressively made it worse and less user friendly. Some people probably moved to facepage or whereever it is that actually gets timely announcements.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sun May 13, 2018 11:44 am

Things change. Folk are still signing up and the website and forums are still a valuable source of community and information.

Spread the word and maybe more will feel they can interact, now that older cliques have moved on.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Sun May 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote:Things change. Folk are still signing up and the website and forums are still a valuable source of community and information.

Spread the word and maybe more will feel they can interact, now that older cliques have moved on.

Tell people how hilarious we all are, especially gandalf :lol:
Also mention how we are all dashingly handsome.
I see the bad moon arising.

Metalgal
Powermetal Child

Postby Metalgal » Mon May 14, 2018 1:31 pm

I actually don’t know that many metalheads nowadays I’ve noticed quite a few tended to have it has just a phase :lol: but if I get chatting with anyone at Notts pubs- The maze, Horn in hand etc I’ll mention how friendly you all are :)

Haldamir319
Leather Rebel

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:18 pm

There was a period of time where there were on-and-off issues on the site. The gremlins seem to have now gone, but this is the toll it has taken.

Metalgal
Powermetal Child

Postby Metalgal » Mon May 14, 2018 3:55 pm

Sad :( such a shame

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon May 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Metalgal wrote:I actually don’t know that many metalheads nowadays I’ve noticed quite a few tended to have it has just a phase :lol: but if I get chatting with anyone at Notts pubs- The maze, Horn in hand etc I’ll mention how friendly you all are :)

And handsome......don't forget handsome.
I see the bad moon arising.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon May 14, 2018 8:41 pm

I'm from Notts but recently moved away! But yeah basically the big die off happened in 2015 when what was rumoured to have been a £10K+ costing "improvement" completely destroyed the place.

Pictures were in the wrong places, the colouring was unreadable, and there was no distinction from one post to the next. By the time it was usable again most had already given up, especially as it was already dwindling a fair bit at the time.

It's all a bit sad for me as I practically grew up on here. :(

P.S. Just for reference barely anyone I know uses the dreadful FB group, it's pretty dire.

Edit: I left the tab open when I turned off yesterday, and it automatically re-opening has reminded me of another awful 2015 update feature - auto logout. This was very much a forum you might leave in an open tab and return to a few times a day, so having to re-login every single time is a fucking chore.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Metalgal
Powermetal Child

Postby Metalgal » Tue May 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Oh aye where do you live now?
That’s a shame about the website it seemed really popular before :)
I’ve got auto log out and have to log in each time too :/

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed May 16, 2018 10:59 pm

Oh hi, Notts bloke here. Been a while since I've actually been out and about to things like Violated or ungluing my feet from City's floors...

A few contributing factors have led to less activity. Almost everyone is still more than welcome to bring the liveliness back, but facebook is just kinda easier for both fans to yell "band A suck - book band B", and for the organisers to check, since (almost) everyone and their dog's cousin's cat is glued to social media, so it's not a huge stretch to just hop to the Bloodstock group if you're already browsing it.

I owe a lot to these hallowed pages of utter bollocks, so I'll always try to defend and promote this place as a means of communication and help as best I can. I do miss the golden era of silly fun and " vibrant discussion" but I do acknowledge these different times.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Metalgal
Powermetal Child

Postby Metalgal » Thu May 17, 2018 9:04 am

Noodle wrote:Oh hi, Notts bloke here. Been a while since I've actually been out and about to things like Violated or ungluing my feet from City's floors...

I owe a lot to these hallowed pages of utter bollocks, so I'll always try to defend and promote this place as a means of communication and help as best I can. I do miss the golden era of silly fun and " vibrant discussion" but I do acknowledge these different times.

Is violated even still going on? I hate getting glued into social media but I’m currently trying to explain that the Union Jack isn’t the English flag to a bunch of morons :rolleyes: I don’t even have a phone I hate getting addicted :D naw that’s sweet noodle yes it would be nice to bring discussions back :) talking about that- oh wait wrong thread lol the admin have actually been moving my posts all over the place to the correct area :lol:

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Thu May 17, 2018 12:10 pm

Only 2 posts! Calm down..don't panic :P :lol:

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Sun May 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Metalgal wrote:I hate getting glued into social media but I’m currently trying to explain that the Union Jack isn’t the English flag to a bunch of morons :rolleyes: I don’t even have a phone I hate getting addicted :D
You think you've got it hard. I'm defending myself and Britain on a YouTube blog after criticising America's gun laws.

Ghost wrote:Tell people how hilarious we all are, especially gandalf :lol:
Also mention how we are all dashingly handsome.
When I joined the first Bloodstock forum around 2002 I was dashingly handsome. As Beavis once said: "Time sucks."
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon May 21, 2018 1:25 am

Cool story bro. :B

:P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp