Use of Referendums

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)

When should a referendum result be legally binding?

Never
14%
At any majority
29%
At a majority of 55%
No votes
At a majority of 60%
29%
At a majority of 2/3
29%

Total votes: 7

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Re: Use of Referendums

Postby metaldinosaur » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:53 pm

I do think it should have been a larger majority. It would have stopped things being so tricky afterwards, and (assuming it would have been over 50% leave) it would have given the EU a kick up the arse to sort out the undemocratic way it's run.

However I was and still am (just about) a proponents of remain. Dispite this, I believe europe only has it's self to blame for losing a major player like us.

It has to be said though, I'm sick of it, at this stage I want the current deal approved (it's vauge but not destructive) and to move on.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:43 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:I do think it should have been a larger majority. It would have stopped things being so tricky afterwards, and (assuming it would have been over 50% leave) it would have given the EU a kick up the arse to sort out the undemocratic way it's run.

However I was and still am (just about) a proponents of remain. Dispite this, I believe europe only has it's self to blame for losing a major player like us.

It has to be said though, I'm sick of it, at this stage I want the current deal approved (it's vauge but not destructive) and to move on.

That DJ at the Cradle gig must be bad if you're posting about Brexit at the gig :lol:
I see the bad moon arising.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:35 am

Interesting though that 64% of constituencies voted Leave but obviously many of their MPs did not honour that. And given that the total voting population of Scotland is 4 million the map speaks for itself
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/eu_ ... um/results