The Still drinking But in Isolation thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Re: The Still drinking But in Isolation thread

Postby north sea storm » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:33 am

Exercise is good but its all about what you eat . Cut out takeaways , pizza bread crisps chocolate fizzy pop beer you will loose weight . Look at the calorie content on food packets . Get your daily calorie intake to 1500 and you will loose weight .
A slice of bread is over 100 calories . Pizza over a thousand . A tin of chunky vegetable soup 150 .

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:43 pm

Thanks guys. After reading this I told the wife we need to take a break from our Friday night Pizza.
That video game thing is an interesting idea but I haven't played video games since I owned a Super Nintendo.
Also, gonna try cutting down on the drinking. Not really feeling drunk anymore, just worn out. So gonna see if I can keep it to the occasional social pint for now.

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:17 am

Green Man III wrote:i0th2 and north sea storm, what are your tips for losing weight. I've been working from home and probably will continue to do so after this pandemic so I get very little exercise as compared to when I went to the office and would take walking lunches. Besides a daily yoga challenge that I do very poorly at, I get out for a walk maybe a little on the weekend.

Try to do the 10,000 steps every day, but as you get older it's less about exercise and almost all about diet.

If you can hack it, go keto for 3 months, cut out carbs (ie stop eating bread, rice, potatoes, beans, pasta etc), and the weight will fly off. Cauliflower rice, avocados, canned fish, salads and chicken are your friends.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:19 am

Chicken? Woo hoo, KFC, Swiss Chalet, and Popeyes here I come!

But seriously, thanks for the advice. It looks hard but I'll try.

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:18 am

Green Man III wrote:Chicken? Woo hoo, KFC, Swiss Chalet, and Popeyes here I come!

But seriously, thanks for the advice. It looks hard but I'll try.

That stuff would actually fit into the keto diet, just make sure it's just chicken and with no bread! Hence when I was keto, fried chicken wings were one of my favourite things.

It's a big change at the start, but plenty of good stuff you can live off, chicken wings, burgers with no bread, eggs, cheese, avocados etc. Also when you start substituting the rice with cauliflower rice, you can have plenty of things like curries etc. After a month you'll see a big change.

Also beer is heavy in carbs, so if you can try to cut that out, I moved to run and diet coke as my go to drink.

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:10 pm

How did a drinking thread turn in to the health and fitness thread? :lol:

I'll be going for my first post-lockdown pub beers Friday night. And I shall be doubling down on the carbs with a juicy burger & chips.

I could say I'll run the calories off at the weekend but I'd be lying! :D

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:24 pm

gavdann wrote:How did a drinking thread turn in to the health and fitness thread? :lol:

Don't worry, my abstinence didn't last long. I just got myself some of my favourite pint glasses (can't believe it took me this many decades to finally do this) and so I stocked up on Cider and can now pretend I'm in a pub.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:27 pm

bloodfiend wrote:, I moved to run and diet coke as my go to drink.

?

:lol:

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:30 pm

Sounds like a great idea! Now and exercise and drinking thread. I think I'll start running and drinking.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat May 01, 2021 4:05 am

:drink: I need to practice getting drunk. Don't want to forget how to get drunk.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:03 pm

So as this sort of became the fitness thread a quick update, today I got my goal of getting under 15st for Bloodstock so chuffed about that. Am very much out of drinking practice though :lol:

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:49 am

WTF, drinking thread becomes anti-drinking fitness thread.

What has the world come to?

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:14 am

I have shitloads of home brew damson wine. I spend time with drinkers online. What could possibly go wrong.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:12 pm

Noodle wrote:I have shitloads of home brew damson wine. I spend time with drinkers online. What could possibly go wrong.

Nothing provided you lock up your bank cards in a room well away from your phone and computer - drink and internet shopping are not good bedfellows :lol:
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:34 pm

Czech's Mate wrote:
Noodle wrote:I have shitloads of home brew damson wine. I spend time with drinkers online. What could possibly go wrong.

Nothing provided you lock up your bank cards in a room well away from your phone and computer - drink and internet shopping are not good bedfellows :lol:

Come to think of it, most of my purchases have been while I'd been drinking. :lol: