The Still drinking But in Isolation thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

The Still drinking But in Isolation thread

Postby Green Man III » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:30 pm

The last few minutes were spent thinking, "WTF, this whisky bottle is drunk-adult-proof...then I got the box off the top that was holding my bonus whiskey glass.

Okay, now that I've gone from cider to whisky and I've got my headphones on as I crank a mix CDR into my ear drums, let's remember this thread whenever we're drinking whether it's with people (at some illegal social gathering, no no no, you stop that now and behave) or if it's by ourselves on a Friday night (like usual) and we've got the Internet as company.

Cheers to all those people out there I have met and have yet to meet. Stay positive and let's "make Bloodstock happen". :drink:
Last edited by Green Man III on Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The Still drinking But in Isolation thread

Postby bloodfiend » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:15 pm

Green Man III wrote:The last few minutes were spent thinking, "WTF, this whisky bottle is drunk-adult-proof...then then I got the box off the top that was holding my bonus whiskey glass.

Okay, not that I've gone from cider to whisky and I've got my headphones on as I crank a mix CDR into my ear drums. Let's remember this thread whenever we're drinking whether it's with people (at some illegal social gathering, no no no, you stop that now and behave) or if it's by ourselves on a Friday night (like usual) and we've got the Internet as company.

Cheers to all those people out there I have met an have yet to meet. Stay positive and let's "make Bloodstock happen". :drink:

Can you translate that into English please?

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:26 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
Green Man III wrote:The last few minutes were spent thinking, "WTF, this whisky bottle is drunk-adult-proof...then then I got the box off the top that was holding my bonus whiskey glass.

Okay, not that I've gone from cider to whisky and I've got my headphones on as I crank a mix CDR into my ear drums. Let's remember this thread whenever we're drinking whether it's with people (at some illegal social gathering, no no no, you stop that now and behave) or if it's by ourselves on a Friday night (like usual) and we've got the Internet as company.

Cheers to all those people out there I have met an have yet to meet. Stay positive and let's "make Bloodstock happen". :drink:

Can you translate that into English please?

probably not if he's been hitting the whisky! :lol:
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:16 pm

I had a problem with it until I realised the drunk-adult-proof meant that the whiskey bottle cannot be opened by a drunk adult......then it all made sense

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:04 am

bloodfiend wrote:Can you translate that into English please?

:lol:

Okay, now I've sobered up I've corrected a bunch of typos. But, yeah, some things are just hard to explain.

Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

Postby Jay1993 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:37 pm

Green Man III wrote:The last few minutes were spent thinking, "WTF, this whisky bottle is drunk-adult-proof...then I got the box off the top that was holding my bonus whiskey glass.

Okay, now that I've gone from cider to whisky and I've got my headphones on as I crank a mix CDR into my ear drums, let's remember this thread whenever we're drinking whether it's with people (at some illegal social gathering, no no no, you stop that now and behave) or if it's by ourselves on a Friday night (like usual) and we've got the Internet as company.

Cheers to all those people out there I have met and have yet to meet. Stay positive and let's "make Bloodstock happen". :drink:

Man I miss going to gigs and drinking overpriced beer! See you at BOA 2021! :drink:

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:57 am

Jay1993 wrote:Man I miss going to gigs and drinking overpriced beer! See you at BOA 2021! :drink:

Big time! We need to keep drinking and watching concert vids on youtube to keep the dream alive!

You'll find me going crazy over Mercyful Fate and trying to check out as many bands as possible while getting drunk and whiskey and/or cider!!!

:lighter:

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:10 am

:chug: Oh man, so drunk, watching videos of bands that will be playing the next Bloodstock. Another Friday night well spent!

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:25 am

Friday night and drunk again. Man it's easy to get drunk when you're at home and have a good booze supply. Listening to Svalbard and waiting for the pizza to arrive then it's probably some Black Adder specials and then back to watching vids.

Anybody else drinking while we wait patiently for the next Bloodstock?

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:55 pm

I've started drinking more varieties of rum. Brewdog's 'hundred cuts' is pretty nice.

My homebrew mead production died down after I moved house at the start of the first lockdown -- had to bottle ~8 gallons before moving, so I didn't have many bottles to decant into -- but I've started ramping up production again in the past month or so. Got my hands on some local honey, so I've got one gallon with added yeast, and one that fermented with just the yeast naturally present in the honey. Unfortunately I didn't get enough to make my usual abv strength (~14%), and this levelled out at about 8%, so I'll need to get a bigger order next time.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:44 pm

In an effort to shift some timber (target is to drop 8 stone, 5 by BOA 2021) I've massively cut back on drinking atm from averaging 3-4 pints a night to about that in a month. This if I keep it up then Bloodstock will be hecktonne cheaper as I'll be a complete lightweight.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:40 am

i0th2 wrote:In an effort to shift some timber (target is to drop 8 stone, 5 by BOA 2021) I've massively cut back on drinking atm from averaging 3-4 pints a night to about that in a month. This if I keep it up then Bloodstock will be hecktonne cheaper as I'll be a complete lightweight.

That's a great idea! :lol:

I miss being a light weight. I would do the same but I think my Friday night drinking is partly what's getting me through.

Then again, I'm sober right now and listening to a mix CDR I made in 2005 and really having a ball!

Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

Postby Jay1993 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:02 pm

I haven't had a beer since pubs shut on 2nd November. Thought it would be a good idea to challenge myself to no beer until pubs re-open but turns out not many will be opening come 2nd December. :lol: I haven't really missed beer tbh, just miss going somewhere different and socializing! Good luck with the weight loss i0th :yes:

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:02 am

A social drinker, a casual drinker, and an alcoholic walk into a bar.
The bartender decides to do an experiment and puts a fly into each of their drinks.

The social drinker walks up to the bartender, points at the fly, and asks for a new drink.

The casual drinker quietly removes the fly and continues to drink.

The alcoholic grabs the fly and yells at it, "Spit it out! Spit it out!"

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:55 am

Green Man III wrote:A social drinker, a casual drinker, and an alcoholic walk into a bar.
The bartender decides to do an experiment and puts a fly into each of their drinks.

The social drinker walks up to the bartender, points at the fly, and asks for a new drink.

The casual drinker quietly removes the fly and continues to drink.

The alcoholic grabs the fly and yells at it, "Spit it out! Spit it out!"

I remember in Game Of Thrones Tyrion says that "joke" to Grey Worm and Missandei. It's just as unfunny in that too.

Actually it's better in Game Of Thrones, but still completely unfunny.