How many people still visit this forum?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Re: How many people still visit this forum?

Postby slayerslays » Sat May 07, 2022 10:28 pm

Green Man III wrote:They were trying to ban camping chairs? What?!

Yes.
And last year they actually would not let people in the arena after 5 pm with a camping chair unless they had some sort of health reason which they questioned people about in public! Outrageous imvho.

Bizza
Paster of Muppets

Postby Bizza » Sat May 07, 2022 11:41 pm

Yep, yet they still had stalls in the arena selling camping chairs after 5pm :rolleyes:

It's annoying having to head down before 5pm just to get my chair in. Or take the financial hit and buy another one down there.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19, '21, '22, '23.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun May 08, 2022 10:16 am

There was a big push from the forum to do something about the camping chairs, mostly seen from the feedback thread. To be fair, it does get old very quickly to sidle through the crowd to watch a band, spot a gap to nip through and hit the alcohol addled emergency brakes before you hit a curved line of a football's free kick defence wall of chairs. After a headliner finishes... well, you know how it was. I can understand the logic.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Sun May 08, 2022 5:02 pm

Noodle wrote:There was a big push from the forum to do something about the camping chairs, mostly seen from the feedback thread. To be fair, it does get old very quickly to sidle through the crowd to watch a band, spot a gap to nip through and hit the alcohol addled emergency brakes before you hit a curved line of a football's free kick defence wall of chairs. After a headliner finishes... well, you know how it was. I can understand the logic.

Why? It's a soft landing unlike stumbling over and falling twice the distance onto someone completely hidden sprawled out on the grass....
Anyway- some of us can't stand up for hours on end which is why I get my pension by BACS and not queue up at the post office....

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:35 pm

Still here and posting . Saw Priest last year , thank god for camping chairs lifesaver . Took days to recover from .

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:02 am

slayerslays wrote:

Yes.
And last year they actually would not let people in the arena after 5 pm with a camping chair unless they had some sort of health reason which they questioned people about in public! Outrageous imvho.

How about just getting older and needing to sit down more?

I've noticed this since I've passed the big 5-0 that I like the comfort of sitting back in a chair with my cider while a band plays. Plus since I promised my wife decades ago that I'd stop moshing (a promise I have yet to keep) then this is probably a good thing.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:10 pm

Green Man III wrote:
slayerslays wrote:

Yes.

How about just getting older and needing to sit down more?

I've noticed this since I've passed the big 5-0 that I like the comfort of sitting back in a chair with my cider while a band plays. Plus since I promised my wife decades ago that I'd stop moshing (a promise I have yet to keep) then this is probably a good thing.

Exactly. I can actually stand up for longer than my daughter who is 26 years younger than me but has a back problem so she would've got questioned but she wasn't there last year. Also there are a fair few people at BOA who are quite a bit older than 50- maybe they should reserve ALL the seats outside Lemmy's Bar for people with a pensioner's bus pass if they're going to ban chairs....

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:54 pm

What forum? Who are all you people? What year is it?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:56 pm

Welcooooome, to the woooooorld of tomoooooorrow!

It's fucking hot.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:44 am

Jim wrote:What forum? Who are all you people? What year is it?

Welcome back it's been a while! As for your questions...........I / we / they have no idea
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Metalgal
Powermetal Child

Postby Metalgal » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:21 pm

Me 40 :D joined about ten years ago, check it on the regular, had a few laughs over the years.
Bloodstock 22 tomorrow, first time since 2012 for me! All packed, waiting for the baby to fall asleep so I can get some proper food before a busy early morning and junk food for a few days.
I’m ready! I’m ready! I’m ready! ;)

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:12 pm

Czech's Mate wrote:

Welcome back it's been a while! As for your questions...........I / we / they have no idea

I've been on social media too bloody long, I spent 3 seconds looking for the "Like" button.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:13 pm

Jim wrote:
Czech's Mate wrote:

I've been on social media too bloody long, I spent 3 seconds looking for the "Like" button.

:lol:
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:36 am

:eyes:

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:54 pm

Tbh this place is about dead , used to be my main source of info for tours gigs . Facebook has taken over that . Plus the shift away from bands I like has finished me from going to bloodstock . Heading over to Germany for rock in rautheim in May. Summer breeze August a possibility.