How many people still visit this forum?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Noodle
I am the Law!

Re: How many people still visit this forum?

Postby Noodle » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:06 am

Jay1993 wrote:I dunno, I'd say the people that replied are fairly active on the forum. I still dig this forum though, even if people complain about every announcement. :lol:

My tranmerefan quote will never, ever stop being relevant.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:07 pm

Noodle wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:I dunno, I'd say the people that replied are fairly active on the forum. I still dig this forum though, even if people complain about every announcement. :lol:

My tranmerefan quote will never, ever stop being relevant.

...Yes, I can not believe they are currently clashing Dimmu and Samael. What the actual fuck.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:09 pm

Its a sad truth that forums are dying. Facebook and the like has a monopoly. This one is actually more active than most of the ones I'd visit.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:20 pm

As someone who despises social media and considers forums superior in every conceivable way, that trend has been a big negative for quite some time
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:45 pm

Skippy wrote:Its a sad truth that forums are dying. Facebook and the like has a monopoly. This one is actually more active than most of the ones I'd visit.

I agree.

It's a bad thing really as the level of debate and understanding is far less on FB et al and sadly it has more of the "boneduster" type charactars on it.....or maybe it's because I am old and not down with the kids anymore
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:34 pm

Anyone use the Discord server much? I've joined but don't really get how Discord works :?

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:16 pm

Czech's Mate wrote:
Skippy wrote:Its a sad truth that forums are dying. Facebook and the like has a monopoly. This one is actually more active than most of the ones I'd visit.

I agree.

It's a bad thing really as the level of debate and understanding is far less on FB et al and sadly it has more of the "boneduster" type charactars on it.....or maybe it's because I am old and not down with the kids anymore

Tbf talking on a FB status is massively different to an Internet forum and it always has been. On there its instanteous response to the status, whereas on a thread on a forum, the thread sticks around for ages and they'll be multiple conversations within the thread. Generally on a FB status it'll all be gone in a day, and on here the conversations go on indefinitely.

Plus the conversations are much more abrupt on FB, and only people who like the band tend to post, hence the "omg Hatebreed fuck yeah!" post, whereas people who would complain about them on here just sigh and ignore the status.

Basically conversation, discussion and citing the usernames that you have stuff in common with and can chat to does not happen on a FB status.

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:20 pm

Wow. Please link one of the other ones you visit - I wanna see a forum that makes this one look active.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:48 pm

i0th2 wrote:Anyone use the Discord server much? I've joined but don't really get how Discord works :?

There's a Discord server?

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:08 pm

Noodle wrote:
i0th2 wrote:Anyone use the Discord server much? I've joined but don't really get how Discord works :?

There's a Discord server?

Yeah, think Squatter & the rest of the Twitch dudes look after it.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun May 01, 2022 12:06 pm

I just logged in for the first time in maybe a year, maybe more. It genuinely does make me sad, I pretty much grew up on here so this place is a keystone in my development as a person, so to see it like this with less than one post per day is pretty painful.

The 2015 "update" definitely was the biggest moment where many of us gave up, but it definitely was getting quieter during 2014 and early 2015, so it would probably have ended up in this state eventually anyway.

Hopefully with Covid genuinely drifting further away from the forefront of people's minds we can have a nice forum meetup at the festival this year (7pm near the rocksoc tent?) - especially one that doesn't result in me leaving early because of a certain someone as we finally managed to break up that month :lol:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon May 02, 2022 2:35 pm

Danroush wrote:I just logged in for the first time in maybe a year, maybe more. It genuinely does make me sad, I pretty much grew up on here so this place is a keystone in my development as a person, so to see it like this with less than one post per day is pretty painful. :lol:

I grew rather old on here. I was a lurking in the forums prime though. I hope it keeps going mind.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Tue May 03, 2022 3:45 pm

Lord only knows how I missed this thread until now. It must have got lost in the tsunami of other recent posts.

I've done quite well lasting this long considering I've never actually been to a Bloodstock. I can't even remember the reason I originally joined. Just bored I suppose.

I agree forums in general are on the wane but metalstorm.net is quite a good one and relatively active. I occasionally get in to a friendly bit of chit-chat in some of the Facebook groups but it's not the same is it?

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Tue May 03, 2022 9:40 pm

I read/glance on here about once a week and rarely post unless I feel strongly about something or something happened like the Vicky thing and all the shyte about banning camping chairs ffs. I usually have a good read before BOA and after for the post-mortem stuff as I've gone every year since 2009 (except for the bloody covid cancellation). I usually put a couple of bands on the wishlist too.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat May 07, 2022 4:42 pm

They were trying to ban camping chairs? What?!