The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:21 am

I'm nearly 20 and still trying to pick what Pokémon I want to catch and which University to go to.

This guy's 20 and is already thinking about his life partner.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Immort_Reaper
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Immort_Reaper » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:51 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:I'm nearly 20 and still trying to pick what Pokémon I want to catch and which University to go to.

It's a slippery slide once you hit your second decade. :(

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:04 pm

Immort_Reaper wrote:
Delightful-Jim wrote:I'm nearly 20 and still trying to pick what Pokémon I want to catch and which University to go to.

It's a slippery slide once you hit your second decade. :(

You hit your second decade when you turn 10.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:28 pm

gandalf the red wrote:
Jage when your 20 and you've put a time limit on when you've got to be married and such like is a bit childish. I know people in their 40's and 50's who have only just got round to settling down and having kids. :)

Problem with that: the average female fertility begins to decline at 35, and once you reach 40, the chances of having a child with serious mental or physical disabilities goes up, and that's if the woman can have a child at all.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:52 pm

gandalf the red wrote:I was mainly talking about blokes to be honest. Then again I know quite a few women who have had kids in their 40's and the kids seem to have been ok.

Oh of course, just saying there is an increasing number of women leaving it late due to not knowing about those complications
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

LivingDeadGirl93
Lowly Peon

Postby LivingDeadGirl93 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:54 pm

Being single for about 20 months. Yeah. Relationships are just non existent in my life =/

Jage
Leather Rebel

Postby Jage » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:04 pm

clare-l wrote:there's insecure and there's totally irrational. in all honesty if you keep up that frantic attitude it's not fair on this girl you've only had one date with. you haven't once considered her feelings in this, that she (i'm assuming she's a rational human being) might be incredibly uncomfortable with your thought process of 'i am 20 and must marry this girl'.

That wasn't really the thought process. The thought process was more like, fuck, I haven't really been with anyone who was special to me and I'm a bit awkward around girls. I better pull up my socks in the next ten years or things might end up a bit shit. I'm nowhere near as bothered about this specific girl as has come across. I am seeing her tonight though :D. I'm also not thinking I need to get married now, I don't want to, but I think I probably should aim to at some point before my late 30s, if I plan on marrying a woman of the same age or older (I don't like much younger women).

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:20 pm

Why do you feel as if you need to marry?
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:30 pm

LivingDeadGirl93 wrote:Being single for about 20 months. Yeah. Relationships are just non existent in my life =/

Bromsgrove, eh? ;)

:eyes:
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:44 pm

Jage wrote:
clare-l wrote:there's insecure and there's totally irrational. in all honesty if you keep up that frantic attitude it's not fair on this girl you've only had one date with. you haven't once considered her feelings in this, that she (i'm assuming she's a rational human being) might be incredibly uncomfortable with your thought process of 'i am 20 and must marry this girl'.

That wasn't really the thought process. The thought process was more like, fuck, I haven't really been with anyone who was special to me and I'm a bit awkward around girls. I better pull up my socks in the next ten years or things might end up a bit shit. I'm nowhere near as bothered about this specific girl as has come across. I am seeing her tonight though :D. I'm also not thinking I need to get married now, I don't want to, but I think I probably should aim to at some point before my late 30s, if I plan on marrying a woman of the same age or older (I don't like much younger women).

your rant about the nightmare scenario of having a "fat" and "asexual" wife said otherwise though.

Urisk
Consort of the Beast

Postby Urisk » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:45 pm

LivingDeadGirl93 wrote:Being single for about 20 months. Yeah. Relationships are just non existent in my life =/

Join the club :lol:

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:50 pm

Possibly a new girl on the horizon for me. We shall see!

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:53 pm

I won't give it a context just yet but...would anyone agree or disagree with the following statement.

"going to the cinema with a member of the opposite sex isn't really romantic, if anything it's quite anti-social as you sit in the dark not looking at each other or speaking for a couple of hours"
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

Immort_Reaper
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Immort_Reaper » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:59 pm

AnnihiSlateR wrote:I won't give it a context just yet but...would anyone agree or disagree with the following statement.

"going to the cinema with a member of the opposite sex isn't really romantic, if anything it's quite anti-social as you sit in the dark not looking at each other or speaking for a couple of hours"

yes, but cuddles.

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:10 pm

how the fuck can you cuddle decently with a big old armrest in the way?

also going to the cinema as a date would be awful if the other person talked through it. it's bad enough when there's a friend who won't stop talking through films.