The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Bisset
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Bisset » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:17 pm

Hugs for Sam

Also sorry to hear it Dan, it sounds like things were rosy for a while but it's not a huge surprise it ended. Not that that's an indication of you as a man (grr, meat and beer, etc) but more the situation being, for want of a better phrase, a bit messed up.

Sounds like you made the right decision
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

LuckyStrike
Warrior of Metal

Postby LuckyStrike » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:32 pm

Does anyone else ever get so pissed off with opposite sex that they just have to go into a kind of mental man (/woman) temple and not even consider women's existence for a while so they can relax and not have to think about all of the crap?

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:38 pm

LuckyStrike wrote:Does anyone else ever get so pissed off with opposite sex that they just have to go into a kind of mental man (/woman) temple and not even consider women's existence for a while so they can relax and not have to think about all of the crap?

I believe there's plenty of 'man temples' around Old Compton Street if you want that kind of thing ;)
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:48 pm

It's where I go to realise that it's not their fault they don't want to stay around a bit of a knob.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:51 pm

Kind of. I do notice my interest in warhammer increases dramatically after a breakup :lol:
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:32 am

Cheers guys, it's appreciated.

We've arranged to exchange the Christmas pressies we bought for one another on Thurs, which sounds ever so slightly awkward. But hey, at least I still get presents. Silver linings and all that...

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:41 am

Bisset wrote:Hugs for Sam

Also sorry to hear it Dan, it sounds like things were rosy for a while but it's not a huge surprise it ended. Not that that's an indication of you as a man (grr, meat and beer, etc) but more the situation being, for want of a better phrase, a bit messed up.

Sounds like you made the right decision

Note: I chose to end it with both of them after a year, in that it didn't all go pear shaped but I chose to end it with both as the chance of that happening in the future was becoming ever more likely. Ellen has since called and apologised for her behaviour, and we've sorted stuff out to make it easy to remain friends. :)
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:49 am

I got close to a girl recently, a girl I've been close to for about a year and a half, she opened up, saying she regrets saying no to me the first time. But, after this weekend, after all the thinking I decided to tell her straight, I can't deal with my own problems, let alone someone else's as well, I hope I don't come across as selfish, she is a nice girl, but for now, I want to stay single and just concentrate on making myself better, before I even think about getting into a relationship again.
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:08 am

Better to be honest dude. Sounds like you've done the right thing.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:43 am

xBERSERKERx wrote:I got close to a girl recently, a girl I've been close to for about a year and a half, she opened up, saying she regrets saying no to me the first time. But, after this weekend, after all the thinking I decided to tell her straight, I can't deal with my own problems, let alone someone else's as well, I hope I don't come across as selfish, she is a nice girl, but for now, I want to stay single and just concentrate on making myself better, before I even think about getting into a relationship again.

It'll hurt, but it's a good move on your part. It seems a similar reason why me and la ex broke up.
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Smindas wrote:We've arranged to exchange the Christmas pressies we bought for one another on Thurs, which sounds ever so slightly awkward.

So, did this only to be told by ex that she had made a horrible mistake in breaking up. I'm confused to say the least and have no idea what I want to do.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:20 pm

What's her feeling behind saying that? Does she miss you? Does she forsee something in the future that features you? You've been with her for over a year, you guys can surely talk about things openly. :)
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:39 pm

Yeah, we can. To be fair, it wasn't the right context to have a proper chat as it was just during my lunch break. But also, I didn't really know what to say.

Her feeling behind that is that she broke up with me for the wrong reasons and just kind of panicked. She wants to be with me. I asked the future thing and she said she doesn't see any kind of future for herself, let alone us, so it was slightly moot (she worded it slightly better).

My concern is that this isn't the first time she's wanted out of the relationship, just the first time she actually followed through with it. So I'm a little cautious. Eh, I'll have to figure it out.

LuckyStrike
Warrior of Metal

Postby LuckyStrike » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:31 pm

I am a bad man.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:54 am

Smindas wrote:Yeah, we can. To be fair, it wasn't the right context to have a proper chat as it was just during my lunch break.

"Dammit Woman! I. Am. Eating!"
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.