The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby kanet666 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:40 pm

Danroush wrote:It all depends on the situation. When it comes to sex outside relationships there's a whole range of different situations that can occur: one night stands, friends with benefits, open relationship etc. Most people aren't comfortable with at least one of those, but may be comfortable with one of the others upon giving it a try. I'm not keen on one night stands but don't mind the other situations as much, some people would be the reverse. My one main piece of advice would be to not assume you wouldn't be okay with something like this when you haven't tried it yet, as if I'd said "open relationship" to Ellen and Becky from the start I'm almost entirely sure I'd have got 2 big fat "no"s, but because of the timing and letting things evolve naturally it ended up working for all of us.

It's probably me just being me, but I just don't like the idea of the whole "open" thing. I don't know whether it's because I just don't care that much about sex as a whole or whether it's just because I prefer the idea of a "proper" relationship.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Well yeah I completely understand people not feeling comfortable with the idea of it, I'd just suggest not writing it off completely without trying it or at least considering both sides of it.

I think libido is a very relevant thing as well here, if you have a fairly small sex drive then perhaps it's not worth it, if however you have a pretty hefty libido it's likely to work better
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:03 pm

I agree if you've got a higher sex drive you're more likely to seek out casual sex partners, but a huge aspect of it is the dynamic between the two parties - if one person starts wanting more than the other, it all goes to shit and ends up really messy. So in that sense, a more stable relationship setup is preferable, sometimes.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:05 pm

Fjar wrote:I agree if you've got a higher sex drive you're more likely to seek out casual sex partners, but a huge aspect of it is the dynamic between the two parties - if one person starts wanting more than the other, it all goes to shit and ends up really messy. So in that sense, a more stable relationship setup is preferable, sometimes.

That is obviously the biggest issue, but those situations can be handled pretty easily if the people involved can muster the strength to cut it off before that becomes too much of a problem. That said me and ellen decided to go with just friends then within a week we were even closer to sleeping together than beforehand, so easier said than done I admit!
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

flo
Consort of the Beast

Postby flo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:27 pm

Fjar wrote:I agree if you've got a higher sex drive you're more likely to seek out casual sex partners, but a huge aspect of it is the dynamic between the two parties - if one person starts wanting more than the other, it all goes to shit and ends up really messy. So in that sense, a more stable relationship setup is preferable, sometimes.

Never a truer statement.
I did that with a guy once, but couldn't really admit it due to our 'agreement' almost haha :lol: Stopped sleeping with him and it resolved itself.

Jesus sex is evil..
Leeds Festival: 08, 09, 10, 11
Download: 09, 10, 11, 12
Sonisphere: 09, 10, 11, 14
Bloodstock: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Hammerfest: 12, 13
Beermageddon: 12, 13, 14
Hellfest: 13
Damnation: 10, 11, 12, 13
Wacken: 14

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:47 pm

Jesus Sex? What sort of kinky fuckery is going on in church nowadays?

Oh wait...the usual
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

flo
Consort of the Beast

Postby flo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Lured me in with his beard, chest hair, love for wine and he promised to show me a 'miracle' :|

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:41 pm

My sex drive fucked off when I hit 20.
Most of the time I think about it it's just 'eww, someones swollen member joggling around my insides'
I have problems :(

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Mine seems to have dropped down a fair bit, which I don't mind because it was worryingly high before.

flo
Consort of the Beast

Postby flo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:08 pm

Mines got worse, and I'm getting less :(

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:24 pm

Nantha wrote:My sex drive fucked off when I hit 20.
Most of the time I think about it it's just 'eww, someones swollen member joggling around my insides'
I have problems :(

Well in all fairness that description's enough to put anyone off.

In entirely unrelated news CHEERS HANNAH!

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

MikeA
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby MikeA » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:18 pm

flo wrote:I'm pretty sure our erm 'group' has a nice spider diagram of hookups.

This is what it's like living in leeds. Can't meet anyone without stirring your mates porridge.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:03 am

malicious_bloke wrote:
Noodle wrote:I quite like sex.

Thank you for considering my point of view.

Have you ever tried this as a pickup line? Oddly I think it may be quite effective in some parts of the world...

Whilst sex is usually awesome, it doesn't upset me if I don't get it. I've found the more worthwhile outcomes happen when I don't try to initiate contact. Besides, girls must get fed up of being propositioned constantly, so why should I add to that crowd?

I should probably point out that I am in a relationship, so pick up lines aren't really needed right now. She doesn't seem to mind me walking up to her and biting her neck in the middle of a club night, for example.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:24 am

No idea what you lot are on about, I just miss the silent company.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:49 am

I find the best pick up line is to get a drink, stand at one side of the room while looking uncomfortable and stare at your target.