The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Ensorcelled » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:49 pm

Spend it on a hooker. You can probably get one for £17 in Liverpool. Shame that place where you could get anal for a cuban cigar closed down. :(

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:54 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:Spend it on a hooker. You can probably get one for £17 in Liverpool. Shame that place where you could get anal for a cuban cigar closed down. :(

Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Bumcrack-smellywinkle
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bumcrack-smellywinkle » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:35 pm

I miss my Beeb :( Think he comes back on wednesday though!
Swiggity swude
Send me a nude

Podgie.
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Podgie. » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:18 pm

I'm an idiot 'cause I've been thinking about my ex a whole bunch (more than usual) recently, and I went on her facebook to send her a message and she how she's doing and all that and I saw she's listed as 'in a relationship' ...and now I'm really sad. Because I'm an idiot. I reeeally should be over it by now, which makes me feel ultra pathetic.

Aaaand the reason I'm saying this here is because if I said it to any of my friends in real life they'd probably slap me.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:21 pm

eh, who says you should be over it?
Takes a long time mate, if it helps at all, she was gonna get a new boyfriend sooner or later and at least it's over and done with now.

Podgie.
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Podgie. » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Oh yeah, you're right - I knew it was inevitable, she's a catch! I suppose it helps she's on the other side of the world too. And I am genuinely glad she's happy. I just feel that not only should I be, but I really HAVE to be over it now, which is what I'm finding difficult. It was the only relationship I've had where when it's come to an end I wasn't relieved in some way.

I guess that's probably why over a year later I'm still feeling mis about it all...

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:38 pm

Because no matter how much you think you'll be OK with it it's still a kick to the ghoulies that first time you see they've moved on.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:54 pm

I don't think there is a given time with these things mate, she's obviously taken alot less time to get over you than the other way around which is hard to swallow, and understandably so. I don't even think I have started to get over my ex, and that happened three months ago for me. So ill let you know what I am feeling like once I am home. :lol: :yes:

Chin up dude!

Podgie.
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Podgie. » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Yeah Bisset, I'm actually pretty bummed out over it right now. I was just getting my life back together and beginning to feel happier with things again (not just after the break up and stuff, but everything) and this has definitely given me a little knock. Not digging for sympathy or anything, just sayin' :P

EDIT - And yeah Turbo, I mean, it's been A LOT longer than three months for us. And of course I'm totally out of the picture for her, what with being on the other side of the world and stuff so I can't blame her for moving on. I'm pretty sure knowing her she'll have been with other people before now anyway (not saying she's a slut, it's just true). Hell, I was even seeing a girl a little before I moved down to London at the beginning of the year, but she didn't compare... and then she said to me I couldn't care about nature 'cause I eat meat and that kind of sealed the (no) deal for me. :P

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:36 pm

Went speed dating last night. Not a single match 8)
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:51 pm

I don't blame you. Of all the human beings I've encountered in the world I can't find a match so I'd be very surprised to stumble across him at one of those events.

Podgie.
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Podgie. » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:41 am

I don't really know the format for speed dating, but I can't image I'd have much luck either... but then "don't knock it 'till you try it" and all that...

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:36 pm

Katesyl wrote:I don't blame you. Of all the human beings I've encountered in the world I can't find a match so I'd be very surprised to stumble across him at one of those events.

Aye, I also need to factor in that really scouse women, usually hairdresses and love TOWIE tend to plague the local ones and rules out 50% instantly. :lol:

Tonight is perhaps a new level for me. Was chatting to one girl recently online and we've been getting on great. Asked if she fancied a drink, she rechecked my profile 2 minutes later and hasn't responded. 8)

Only been a couple of hours but I think we all know where it's heading. 8)
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:52 am

It hurts at first but then in the future there will be a time you wonder what they are up to and check their profile to see that they are with someone and happy and you have only amazing positive happy feelings for them.

That happened a few weeks back with someone things ended with badly, but saw they were happy and in a relationship and I felt only good feelings towards them - which was good when I remembered how much it hurt at the time we split.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:42 am

Ndnd wrote:It hurts at first but then in the future there will be a time you wonder what they are up to and check their profile to see that they are with someone and happy and you have only amazing positive happy feelings for them.

100% this. It took me a long time to get there last time it happened. But I'm genuinely happy for her and wish her only the best.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...