The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
peypea
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby peypea » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:08 pm

Yes he is the loveliest :3 Thanks guys :luv:
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:20 pm

NeglectedField wrote:Yeah, he's dead sound like.

Since when did you turn into a scouser?
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:27 pm

He used to live in Leeds didn't he? Same shit enit. Norf.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:51 pm

Had three dates with a girl, thought it was going somewhere but no, just had the "not over the ex" speech.

FFS.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:13 pm

...and you didn't use the "I just want to borrow your bum for a wank" speech?

Pete, these are just missed opportunities of greatness. Learn from me. :lol:

Being single is mint

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:31 am

Turbo wrote:...and you didn't use the "I just want to borrow your bum for a wank" speech?

Pete, these are just missed opportunities of greatness. Learn from me. :lol:

Being single is mint

:lol: :lol:

She started to cry about it so I just shuffled awkwardly on my feet tbh
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:10 pm

My sister is really verbally abusive to her partner. My brother has a verbally abusive fiancé who also emotionally cheated on him and threatened to leave him and the kid.

And yet people like that get to keep their partners. Why the fuck am I not good enough? I thought I had some qualities worth loving. I'm so fucking upset.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:22 pm

Sometimes it just doesn't work out Moo. Even I thought I was pretty solid with the (ex) missus and like you I dropped everything and moved over. I mean I don't know much about you or your circumstances but I am sort of proud of what I did even if it did turn to shit. I don't see myself in a relationship for a long time until I sheer off some of my rough edges. Its just the way life fucks us over I guess. Chin up, thinking of you!

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:44 pm

People in unhealthy relationships getting to keep their partners is not good on them or their partners, if you are verbally abusive to someone, you aren't happy.
I would actually say that you are the lucky one here Moo x

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:14 pm

Abusive relationships are more likely to stay together. One side of the partnership is manipulated into staying and it all goes to shit while every outside party watches it burn down to the ground without the fire ever going out. It's no worth comparing anything to that.

Mind you my main relationship experience is her regretting the one night experience and me cry wanking so don't take too much depth from it.

But yeah, you're fucking lovely Moo and deserving, never forget that. Things go sidewards in any relationship for any number of reasons, but a fuck awful relationship ain't better than things ending.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:20 am

But that's the thing. Our relationship wasn't abusive. It was great, we had a lot of fun. The only problem was that we are both slightly broken which snowballed into various issues. I offered to help pick up the pieces because I saw a future with him. But it wasn't good enough.

I thought I was a good partner, and good partners don't get dumped - but I was wrong.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:36 am

Good partners do get dumped though, and they also get cheated on... I know you're trying to make sense of everything and you're looking for answers but accepting there is and was nothing you can do to stop it is an important step. It'll take a while but you'll get there xx

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:40 am

Jobdone wrote:Abusive relationships are more likely to stay together. One side of the partnership is manipulated into staying and it all goes to shit while every outside party watches it burn down to the ground without the fire ever going out. It's no worth comparing anything to that.

:lol:
:(
:cry:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:59 pm

fluffymoo wrote:I thought I was a good partner, and good partners don't get dumped - but I was wrong.

Sadly, that's not true. I can point to plenty of friends that would definitely be classed as "good partners" and still found themselves dumped. Sometimes that's just how it works out. I don't know the reasons why your relationship ended. But I claiming that you're not good enough is not true, and isn't likely to be the reason for the breakup.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:29 pm

Yeah, the scary thing is that however good you are you can't stop a person leaving if they make the decision to. I'm not sure, should I ever get into a happy relationship, I'd ever be able to relax about that.

In other news, I went on my first date in recent history this evening. He was so lovely and has travelled all over the world and lectured at Harvard and Oxford. Never have I felt so dull and such a failure. :ugh: