The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Bisset
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Bisset » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:13 am

Katesyl wrote:In other news, I went on my first date in recent history this evening. He was so lovely and has travelled all over the world and lectured at Harvard and Oxford. Never have I felt so dull and such a failure. :ugh:

Hey, going to ASDA to get cheesey pasta in a box is an adventure too y'know!

And to Moo and the whole break up scenario, unfortunately sometimes it is just shit, you're doing everything right, you're happy and then it all goes to shit. I think in the case of my nasty breakup (which I never saw coming) she just didn't see me the same way she did a few years previously, like it ran its course in her mind and there wasn't anything new or excitin any more. I am sorry you're going through it, nothing can change the fact it's shit but you have everyone here (even Joe!), you're awesome so never forget that.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:49 pm

Bisset wrote: nothing can change the fact it's shit but you have everyone here (even Joe!), you're awesome so never forget that.

I echo this! :hug:
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:46 pm

Spent the day with family. My three siblings all have partners and they look so happy. Meanwhile, I'm thinking about how much I miss being told that I'm loved. When it's been said to me on a daily basis for over 9 years, now that it's stopped, I suddenly realise how heart broken I am.

Fuck everything.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat May 28, 2016 10:45 pm

Been chatting a bit of late with girl I have known for years. She's makes me laugh, really quite interesting actually. Local, I mean I would definitely rather be 5 mins from someone than the 621 miles with my previous. Not jumping the gun just yet. I have not even put myself back on the market officially, still being a whiny little bitch and licking my wounds and everything. But anyway, a bit of progress even if it amounts to fuck all.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon May 30, 2016 11:07 pm

I'm moving in with my long term girlfriend tomor- er, today!

Here's hoping her cat doesn't try to suffocate me in my sleep when I don't disappear after a few weeks like usual..
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue May 31, 2016 3:41 pm

Congrats :)

Made me realise actually that I've been living with my boyfriend for a year now and it's actually been really amazing. When did i get all grown up? :?

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:01 am

Had a sorta kinda date on friday for a party. It didn't go well, but meh. Maybe a little early to get back on that horse.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:53 pm

Feeling very emotional today after a few drinks. I miss being held, it was one of the things that made me feel as if nothing could go wrong. About to burst into tears any minute even though we have a party here tonight - I'm hiding in my room.

Rammsoldat
Warrior of Metal

Postby Rammsoldat » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:25 pm

welp gave the dating sites a go. a hell of a lot of stonewalling, one gal talked to me a little but the conversation was a little one sided so it kinda fizzled out. I think id rather talk to people irl.
This post contains discretion, reader nudity is advised

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:51 am

I'm struggling to understand how I got so lucky. Boyfriend is just such a good person and so accommodating and I'm still just amazed that he's chosen to be with me? I'm a fucking retard mess of a human being and some how I've got this amazing wonderful man and I'm so bloody in love with him it's ridiculous.

I hope I don't fuck it up.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Rammsoldat
Warrior of Metal

Postby Rammsoldat » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:47 pm

we're all a fucking mess one way or another its all about how you deal with it day to day. if you're happy don't question it just don't take it for granted either, best of luck to ya.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:48 pm

Rammsoldat wrote:welp gave the dating sites a go. a hell of a lot of stonewalling, one gal talked to me a little but the conversation was a little one sided so it kinda fizzled out. I think id rather talk to people irl.

As a childfree person I detest dating sites. I could write "DO NOT WANT KIDS, EVER" in blazing neon and still get people who want 2.5 kids and a picket fence messaging me.

Or people with their kids as their profile pictures. :ugh:

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:34 pm

Depressed and sad. I'm out a lot doing various things with my family, which is great - but I miss the closeness the relationship gave me. I look at things, anything really, and it's just not the same anymore. Sure, I've come a long way lately but feel as if I'm sliding back to square one again. I know I can get by on my own, I know I have the strength to move on, but I'm still just in this state of shock. I was gonna grow old with this person, and now that's no longer a possibility.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:54 pm

I'm kind of the same, i mean when I'm single I get very lonely, I don't really enjoy doing many things on my own, I'm much more about sharing experiences.
But anyway turns out that friends can do that for you too (although mainly only works with friends who are also single and can commit to the sort of relationship you want) you need to kind of find a friend substitute for a boyfriend maybe? (doesn't come without it's own issues but it's a nice comfort to have when you arent ready for a relationship quite yet, idk.)
Basically, you can get the same nice feelings from having a really great close mate or two

Rammsoldat
Warrior of Metal

Postby Rammsoldat » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:55 pm

VizardAmata wrote:
Rammsoldat wrote:welp gave the dating sites a go. a hell of a lot of stonewalling, one gal talked to me a little but the conversation was a little one sided so it kinda fizzled out. I think id rather talk to people irl.

As a childfree person I detest dating sites. I could write "DO NOT WANT KIDS, EVER" in blazing neon and still get people who want 2.5 kids and a picket fence messaging me.

Or people with their kids as their profile pictures. :ugh:

Think you're having a different problem than i am lol. I want kids but im at the point now where id take having a girlfriend with no prospect of kids over having no girlfriend as that has no prospect of kids by default.

There's been a purge of alternative/metal people in wales it seems as ive been scratching around but cant see where they all shuffled off to while i wasn't looking.