The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Fjar » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:21 am

Everyone has preferences. But you need to decide whether someone who decides if they want to be with you based on what clothes you wear and what piercings or tattoos you have is the kind of person you want to be with.

But changing yourself to fit someone else's preferences, purely in order to fulfil some kind of stereotype is a bit stupid, dude.
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
VizardAmata
Denim Demon
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Behind You
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:12 pm

Anyone who cares that much about how you dress is not worth your time, anyway. I personally don't give a fuck how someone chooses to dress, no matter their choice of music.

What matters is that you have a connection/stuff in common/can actually hold a decent conversation. While it's cool to have a preference for long hair (I do myself), I personally would not give the time of day to someone who put that above a decent personality.

TLDR: The only time you should make a major change in yourself is for YOUR happiness.

User avatar
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon
Posts: 7717
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: Brizzle

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby keera_envenomed » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:14 pm

I am also a lady and what the above 2 ladies have said is spot on.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

User avatar
NeglectedField
Denim Demon
Posts: 7999
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: Bristol (non-native)

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby NeglectedField » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:28 pm

Work on getting in shape and keeping your options open about potential partners instead. It'll put you in a good state of mind and you'll look more interesting to talk to than someone with spikes.

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Danroush » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:07 pm

VizardAmata wrote:Anyone who cares that much about how you dress is not worth your time, anyway. I personally don't give a fuck how someone chooses to dress, no matter their choice of music.

What matters is that you have a connection/stuff in common/can actually hold a decent conversation. While it's cool to have a preference for long hair (I do myself), I personally would not give the time of day to someone who put that above a decent personality.

TLDR: The only time you should make a major change in yourself is for YOUR happiness.


Gotta disagree here, at least on the first part. Sexual attraction is an important part of relationship, and that will be affected by how you dress/look from day to day. Now of course core personality is more important than aesthetics, but don't avoid caring about aesthetics altogether just because personality is more important in a 1:1 comparison.

This doesn't mean you should go for a drastic change in appearance either, mind. Just that if you do feel comfortable in more alt attire anyway, and have some spare money, just buy a pair or two of more alternative trousers for example, then throw them on once in a while, such as when going to a gig or festival etc.

Think of it this way. The fact that you're asking us this means you have some level of insecurity on the matter, so trying out some more alternative clothing (provided you pick something you like) will give you a confidence boost too!
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

User avatar
VizardAmata
Denim Demon
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Behind You
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:48 pm

Danroush wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:Anyone who cares that much about how you dress is not worth your time, anyway. I personally don't give a fuck how someone chooses to dress, no matter their choice of music.

What matters is that you have a connection/stuff in common/can actually hold a decent conversation. While it's cool to have a preference for long hair (I do myself), I personally would not give the time of day to someone who put that above a decent personality.

TLDR: The only time you should make a major change in yourself is for YOUR happiness.


Gotta disagree here, at least on the first part. Sexual attraction is an important part of relationship, and that will be affected by how you dress/look from day to day. Now of course core personality is more important than aesthetics, but don't avoid caring about aesthetics altogether just because personality is more important in a 1:1 comparison.

This doesn't mean you should go for a drastic change in appearance either, mind. Just that if you do feel comfortable in more alt attire anyway, and have some spare money, just buy a pair or two of more alternative trousers for example, then throw them on once in a while, such as when going to a gig or festival etc.

Think of it this way. The fact that you're asking us this means you have some level of insecurity on the matter, so trying out some more alternative clothing (provided you pick something you like) will give you a confidence boost too!


Well, obviously physical attraction is important, and how someone dresses plays into that. But I am of the opinion that if it makes you happy, it shouldn't really matter. As long as you don't smell IDGAF.

Physical attraction is important, of course, but I've always said: a pretty face will fade if the person underneath is ugly. I'm all for self change if you're unhappy with an element of yourself, I'm all for change that a partner helps you realise through honest, open discussion.

What I hate is someone literally behaving like a human chameleon, changing themselves almost entirely to be with someone. I have seen people do this, and it always ends poorly. So if you want to dress more alternative (I do myself, it's how I'm most comfortable) then do it for you.

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Danroush » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:30 pm

I'd say the key is small steps. Try it a little, see how you feel, then if it feels unnatural, go back, and if it feels right, keep going.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

User avatar
VizardAmata
Denim Demon
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Behind You
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:29 am

Danroush wrote:I'd say the key is small steps. Try it a little, see how you feel, then if it feels unnatural, go back, and if it feels right, keep going.


I'd agree with this. :)

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Jobdone » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:46 am

Danroush wrote:ITry it a little, see how you feel, then if it feels unnatural, go back, and if it feels right, keep going.


mau mau?
Image

User avatar
VizardAmata
Denim Demon
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Behind You
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:07 am

:lol: :lol:

User avatar
fluffymoo
Denim Demon
Posts: 4260
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:26 pm
Location: Your heart

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby fluffymoo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:16 pm

This really creepy guy has a major crush on me and thinks I'm interested. He feels I owe him because he's "a nice guy". Also I think he might've rubbed his boner (trousers on) against my sister the other night. She's been wanting to tell us the whole story but is too ashamed. I think I might be sick.
Image

User avatar
peypea
Denim Demon
Posts: 7811
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby peypea » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:35 pm

What the fuck. He needs to fuck right off . Give Malin a hug from me please, and then knife this guy in the dick.
Image
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

User avatar
VizardAmata
Denim Demon
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Behind You
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:06 pm

fluffymoo wrote:This really creepy guy has a major crush on me and thinks I'm interested. He feels I owe him because he's "a nice guy". Also I think he might've rubbed his boner (trousers on) against my sister the other night. She's been wanting to tell us the whole story but is too ashamed. I think I might be sick.


Jesus christ that's pretty horrifying. Stay far far far away!

User avatar
fluffymoo
Denim Demon
Posts: 4260
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:26 pm
Location: Your heart

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby fluffymoo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:58 pm

So yeah, can confirm that definitely happened. No mights or maybes. I got mum to talk to my sister but she lied and said nothing had really happened. Am I overreacting? I'm furious and feel ready to puke.

This guy is an old family friend and I know some people don't want to "cause a scene", but why the fuck am I the only one in my family who thinks he's a fucking creep for what he did? He's well aware that my sis is in a long term happy relationship. Help, guys. Am I being a drama queen here? Knowing my recent diagnosis I know a big part of it is that people like me tend to be super extra sensitive.

Ps. Sorry for bringing down the thread.
Image

User avatar
tranmerefan
Denim Demon
Posts: 7125
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Wallasey

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:45 pm

fluffymoo wrote:So yeah, can confirm that definitely happened. No mights or maybes. I got mum to talk to my sister but she lied and said nothing had really happened. Am I overreacting? I'm furious and feel ready to puke.

This guy is an old family friend and I know some people don't want to "cause a scene", but why the fuck am I the only one in my family who thinks he's a fucking creep for what he did? He's well aware that my sis is in a long term happy relationship. Help, guys. Am I being a drama queen here? Knowing my recent diagnosis I know a big part of it is that people like me tend to be super extra sensitive.

Ps. Sorry for bringing down the thread.



No, you're not overreacting at all! I agree with the knife him in the dick comment, he deserves it.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014