The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:51 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:There's no one who catches my eye down here...so I just play my guitar instead!

But... you're in Australia? Are not ALL the people beautiful? Has Neighbours been lying to me all this time?!

adlym
Consort of the Beast

Postby adlym » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:46 pm

jackcake wrote:
adlym wrote:Bah! It sucks not being one of those people that will just enter a relationship with anyone :(

Why? People like that just seem desperate to me. A bit like me a while ago. For a month in 2005 I went out with some depressingly ugly heifer from Bridgend who was on the rebound, just because the offer was there.

I was off women for a whole year after that before last summer realising I liked a friend. Never got to tell her because she'd just started seeing someone as I was working up the courage to say something. Then that ended and (as if she was ever interested) I decided to wait, then suddenly found myself in a relationship. That ended in the spring and I've lost the summer failing to come to terms with it. I thought about telling my friend when I went to visit last month but didn't and she's since started seeing someone again.

I've tried dating sites, being ignored countless times and messed about by another. Somebody I've been talking to on Facebook turned me down in the week and I've had enough. One day I'll be numb to it all but I'm pretty much resigned to being on my own for a long time.

I wasn't entirely being serious that it sucks.. But its one of those benefits to your personality and self that sometimes you'd be slightly happier if you were ignorant of if you get me? Thing is I see in how you think is you're seemingly negative, is that due to lack of relationships and then confidence because the only time you're willing to be with someone fully, you're so close you cannot find a way to tell them? Just something I noticed in people who are a lot less willing to enter relationships. And yes I've had that friend situation and their boyfriend is a little shit to be frank. So I understand you :) Don't think I'm making assumptions about you either, I'm empathising because thats how I am.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:39 pm

andeh wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:There's no one who catches my eye down here...so I just play my guitar instead!

But... you're in Australia? Are not ALL the people beautiful? Has Neighbours been lying to me all this time?!

If everyone was that good looking, I'd be out there every night, mate! :lol:
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

adlym
Consort of the Beast

Postby adlym » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:45 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
andeh wrote:

Does everyone stink of sweat and have patches under their armpits with it being so hot?

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:41 am

adlym wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:
andeh wrote:

Does everyone stink of sweat and have patches under their armpits with it being so hot?

It's starting to get that way! 32 degrees the other day!

Harley--Quinn
Consort of the Beast

Postby Harley--Quinn » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:23 pm

I've been with my boyfriend for about two and a half years, and he proposed on Christmas Eve! :D

And I said yes by the way.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:38 am

Harley--Quinn wrote:I've been with my boyfriend for about two and a half years, and he proposed on Christmas Eve! :D

Hey that's awesome! Congratulations!

My best friend from uni propsoed to his girlfirend, she said yes too, and she's awesome. They'll be right happy. Coming back for their wedding in July.

Freakshow Nightmare
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Freakshow Nightmare » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:43 am

Harley--Quinn wrote:I've been with my boyfriend for about two and a half years, and he proposed on Christmas Eve! :D

Well, congrats for that.

As a 16 year old, I've gotta shudder at the thought of marriage though.

I got asked out the other day... by a girl who lives miles away, and I could only see once ever few weeks. :?
"Reign of terror, on the seas,
will bring these posers to their knees"

Deli Kate
Leather Rebel

Postby Deli Kate » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:08 am

Congratulations!

Speaking as someone who's been married for 25 years this June, I can highly recommend it :hug:
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:44 pm

Wow, a thread I can be forgiven for being all emo about it all.

I'm in the position where I've pretty much given up. I'm not good at the whole relationship thing. I'm not very good at the attraction thing (I'm told by countless people that I'm good looking... all of them who have never seen me in person or are straight guys. Been messed about by countless girls, got cheated on by a guy... (I'm bisexual btw, no I'm not part of the 'bisexual guys trend'). The couple of times I've had interest, things just never happened, either something happens that makes things awkward or other things get in the way.

Meh. Love only seems to hurt me. It sucks. I give up.

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:50 am

Don't give up.

Love is not perfect- yes mills and boon has lied to us!
But that's what makes it interesting. You never know who you will meet or what may happen. You can not write off a world of opportuntied just because some people are idiots.

We have all encoutered miss "I don't know what I want" or Mr"I am not ready" but at the same time some of have had good relationships.

I have just been dumped and am sore but life goes on.

Please don't give up hope. Mr/mrs Right is out there for you but in the meantime just have fun and enjoy looking for them.

We have to all kiss a few frogs before we can find our prince :D
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

lycanine
Lowly Peon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby lycanine » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:03 pm

Been married for almost a year now. ^__^

To be honest I found someone that shares my love for Black Hawk Down and games....movies, going out and watching bands and not to mention he is a great lover.

How did we meet? We both played Black Hawk Down and after six months of talking online we decided to meet.

I have to say...there is nothing in this world as great as knowing your partner truly well. From his thoughts, to his character and his feelings. You do not get that when you meet someone in normal life...it takes time to get to know one another and then most of the time you have to guess their intentions or their true feelings. Meeting my husband online allowed for us to get to know one another completely before ever meeting each other.

The best experience of my entire life.

P.S. Personally I would never recommend Dating Sites... seeing how many people are unhappy through that avenue establishes it. Your chances of meeting someone in a hobby you enjoy is much better than trying a dating site.

KenShiRo
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby KenShiRo » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:00 pm

I'd say 90% of people in the world are fake and self centred (men and women), so finding a good one is hard

and finding someone isn't going to fix everything and make life better/happier, being happy comes from inside

egel
Powermetal Child

Postby egel » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:08 pm

I managed to acheive my own personal record last month, I was ditched in two days. She told me "I'm just not up for a relantionship right now" she then started going out with this guy I know three days later. So I'm back on the lookout, with nothing to look at since every girl I know seems to be a resident of friendsville :o

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:29 pm

lycanine wrote:How did we meet? We both played Black Hawk Down and after six months of talking online we decided to meet.

Haha, nothing like starting a relationship by sitting 3km away from each other in a big snipe-circle! I really liked that game, never had it down as ripe with potential relationships but nethertheless, a good little FPS.