The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Metallinen
Paster of Muppets

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Metallinen » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:37 pm

SpellTrim wrote:
Metallinen wrote:I am batting so far above my average it is silly. I have no idea how or why this happened, but I am certainly going to go with it. 8)

What, what, what?!

How do i know nothing of this?!

There shall be serious noseyness coming your way!

I didn't know any of this until Saturday. Well actually, I did. But it seemed far too good to be true.

Let's just say going to Fuel was a wise move.

toria-georgia
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby toria-georgia » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:46 pm

Applecore wrote:Things could (COULD) be taking a turn for the better..
A while back me and my man-whorish mate went into a local McDonalds establishment, and the girl who served us was beautiful. She reminded me (looks wise, anyway) of Ellen Page in Juno, minus the preggo. For some reason, I couldn't get her out of my mind for the rest of the day. I wanted to go back and buy more food just to see her again (but decided against it due to money and risking looking like a right pig). To top things off, when I mentioned her later to my mate, he said he didn't really pay attention to her as "she didn't really seem interested in [him]" (which kinda shows you all a bit of what he's like).
Now, one of my best (female) mates has just got a job in that very store! I've told her about this girl, and she's said that she'll try to get talking to her and dig up some info for me, as well as chucking in a few good words about her friend Craig, who's single and is a really nice guy :D

I'm probably just being optimistic about all this, but hey, it's worth a shot.

I like! :yes: Good luck with that! :D
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/toriageorgia

SpellTrim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby SpellTrim » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:08 pm

Metallinen wrote:
SpellTrim wrote:
Metallinen wrote:I am batting so far above my average it is silly. I have no idea how or why this happened, but I am certainly going to go with it. 8)

What, what, what?!

How do i know nothing of this?!

There shall be serious noseyness coming your way!

I didn't know any of this until Saturday. Well actually, I did. But it seemed far too good to be true.

Let's just say going to Fuel was a wise move.

Fucking A!

Of course more noseyness on my behalf shall be necessary....but maybe not on here. HA!

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:17 pm

toria-georgia wrote:
Applecore wrote:Things could (COULD) be taking a turn for the better..
A while back me and my man-whorish mate went into a local McDonalds establishment, and the girl who served us was beautiful. She reminded me (looks wise, anyway) of Ellen Page in Juno, minus the preggo. For some reason, I couldn't get her out of my mind for the rest of the day. I wanted to go back and buy more food just to see her again (but decided against it due to money and risking looking like a right pig). To top things off, when I mentioned her later to my mate, he said he didn't really pay attention to her as "she didn't really seem interested in [him]" (which kinda shows you all a bit of what he's like).
Now, one of my best (female) mates has just got a job in that very store! I've told her about this girl, and she's said that she'll try to get talking to her and dig up some info for me, as well as chucking in a few good words about her friend Craig, who's single and is a really nice guy :D

I'm probably just being optimistic about all this, but hey, it's worth a shot.

I like! :yes: Good luck with that! :D

Cheers! I'll no doubt keep updating the situation on here, so keep an eye out :P

Just a bit worried I'm being optimistic as it's a very movie-like way of doing things.. and there's no guarantee that if she does introduce us, we'll get along at all.. but hey, I have nothing else going for me :P
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:24 pm

I fucking give up with women, they're all two faced whores, literally, all of them. Fuck it.

Epic_Kirsty
Consort of the Beast

Postby Epic_Kirsty » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:09 am

Hmmm...yes, it's me, again...with my contempative 6am posts.

I think I'm damaged goods. Or something.

What's wrong with me!? I just...don't understand myself. So how can I expect anyone else (especially a man) to understand me?

I have commitment issues. It's not so much that I find the thought of being with someone for a long period of time (i.e "forever") terrifying, as I'm sure most young people do. But I seem to go out of my way to avoid any sort of intimate relationship with the opposite sex and if it happens I usually deliberately fuck it up - unintentionally - if that makes sense? My mind just seems to go into autopilot with one mission...to escape. I think if a man proposed to me I'd die :lol:

It's shameful really that the only person I've ever really imagined a proper relationship with, I know I can't have - mainly due to distance.

The men on this forum don't seem to make issues better as it seems you all want a "forever". A "love". Something permanent. Of course not that that's a bad thing. But in my head it completely scares me off.

Haha, just read over my post so far...what the fuck am I on? I clearly just have self esteem issues.

O_O
"Don't worry, I've done this before, it will hurt like hell and leave you sore".

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:27 am

Pff, sod long term, I just want someone pretty I can look at until I get bored of them.

Like I inevitably do everyone.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:28 am

herzeleid wrote:I fucking give up with women, they're all two faced whores, literally, all of them. Fuck it.

Sweet, let's fuck.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:07 am

Epic_Kirsty wrote:
The men on this forum don't seem to make issues better as it seems you all want a "forever". A "love". Something permanent. Of course not that that's a bad thing. But in my head it completely scares me off.

Wrong.
I have no problem with short term relationships, as long as they dont act as if they want a long term relationship.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:57 am

I dont do short term relationships, they've always been really serious

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:21 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
herzeleid wrote:I fucking give up with women, they're all two faced whores, literally, all of them. Fuck it.

Sweet, let's fuck.

Ok, you're the catcher and i'm the pitcher.

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:55 pm

Epic_Kirsty wrote:
I have commitment issues. It's not so much that I find the thought of being with someone for a long period of time (i.e "forever") terrifying, as I'm sure most young people do. But I seem to go out of my way to avoid any sort of intimate relationship with the opposite sex and if it happens I usually deliberately fuck it up - unintentionally - if that makes sense? My mind just seems to go into autopilot with one mission...to escape. I think if a man proposed to me I'd die :lol:

Oh I reckon a lot of people are like that. People imagine being with someone and everything being great (like many on here), then it happens and its not as good/what you wanted and you're like 'shit get me out!'. OR purely thinking about anything more serious is just way too scary to comprehend. I just take each day as it comes, and let things naturally progress... then before you know it you'll be together 2 years and like 'I guess I'm in a long term relationship now..how'd that happen''. Maybe that last bit was just me :eyes: :lol:

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:59 pm

Lick Mars wrote:
Epic_Kirsty wrote:

Oh I reckon a lot of people are like that. People imagine being with someone and everything being great (like many on here), then it happens and its not as good/what you wanted and you're like 'shit get me out!'. OR purely thinking about anything more serious is just way too scary to comprehend. I just take each day as it comes, and let things naturally progress... then before you know it you'll be together 2 years and like 'I guess I'm in a long term relationship now..how'd that happen''. Maybe that last bit was just me :eyes: :lol:

Its not just you. Though in September it'll be "4 years, how'd this happen?" for me :lol:
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:52 pm

herzeleid wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:

Sweet, let's fuck.

Ok, you're the catcher and i'm the pitcher.

Wouldn't have it any other way, sweet cheeks.

Get to see a girl I like tonight. Woo! What's a bit sad is that my teenage cousins both have more active love lives than I do. :|
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

MotorAmarth
Denim Demon

Postby MotorAmarth » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:43 pm

Before I met Jason, all my cousins had more active love lives than I did :D
And they were like...13/14 :lol:

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.