The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Danroush
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Danroush » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:12 pm

is it just me, or do lots of your friends let themselves get treated like shit?

this is the second girl you've talked about having a shit boyfriend who does nothing for the relationship in two weeks

or just all guys are like this, which is why all reationships are doomed to fail
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Eventually you'll start to enjoy the rediculousness of it all and just laugh at them instead of worrying yourself into a brain tumor. It'll do 'em good.
Last edited by RedTeamWins on Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amelia
Consort of the Beast

Postby Amelia » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:23 pm

to me it sounds like the relationship has been dead for a while now. she just doesn't seem to have realized it yet because he doesn't have the balls to break up with her outright.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Yeah most of my girl mates have awful taste in guys.
A few of them are with good guys, mind. Though, they're the girls that I've never shown any romantic interest in. Maybe dating a dickhead is a side effect of being liked by me? Shit.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:42 pm

herzeleid wrote:Yeah, it means he's fucked some skank and got the clap probably. Therefore, here is your best (only) recourse:

Get a yellow t-shirt

Grow a handlebar moustache

Say 'Brother!' a lot

Next time you meet her, start hulking up, rip off your t-shirt, and loudly enquire what she intends to do when *your name here(Craig isn't it?)*mania runs wild on her.

She will then be yours.

This is the greatest idea ever.
Even better than the Rik Mayall 'May I say? What a smashing blouse you've got on' line.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

Smee
Leather Rebel

Postby Smee » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:47 pm

I'm really fucking confused at the moment. There's two guys, will use X and Y instead of their names, just in case.
I met X at Bloodstock. Liked him from the very beginning. He knows I like him as I told him I do on New Year's Eve. X happens to be a very good friend of all my friends, most of them have known him at least 5 to 10 years. When I told him what I think of him he said he works so much he'd hardly be able to see me. Also, he's been single for more than 4 years and this would be a really big step. However, everyone keeps saying we'd be a great couple and he'd take care of me and all that. But then there's the fact that we've only known eachother for a few months. His last gf fuck him over really bad (not sure what happened but everyone says it pretty much destroyed him) and well, I can understand he'd be afraid that would happen again since he doesn't everything about me.
He does come out less and less as he's saving money to get his own place soon which is also why he works so much. I haven't seen him since the 1st nor spoken to him since then, so I don't really know what's going to happen, if anything will happen at all.
Then there's Y who I've properly met about a month and a half ago (did talk to him a few times before but that doesn't really count). I have the feeling we have a lot more in common than X and I do. Don't see him very often as he usually goes to a different pub than we all do and he only really comes to Scruffys on special occasions. Since the very beginning it's been obvious he likes me. Can't keep his eyes off me and all that. So, a friend of mine (who got really annoyed by Y asking her questions about me all the time) told me to send him a private message on Facebook to ask if he'd like to meet up for a few drinks as whenever I see him there's friends around. Sent this about a week ago and still didn't get an answer which made me think he doesn't want to. But then Thursday me and a friend went to "his" pub as I wanted to ask if I could work there. Ran into some guy who asked us to come downstairs for a few drinks, and Y happened to be there aswell. First thing he asked was if I actually remember him. He obviously hasn't read the message on Facebook and I'm really shy so I didn't ask him then. But once again he showed much more interest in me than the guy who came with me even though they know eachother quite well.
Now, the downside is that 3 people who know him have said that he's really obsessive when it comes to relationships etc and I should forget about him and try to get it working with X. But then again, most of my friends don't actually know Y that well or at all, and their judgement is based on what his best friend says and I think she's a bitch anyway so don't know what to believe or not.
See, if I got in a relationship with X and something happened I'm afraid I might lose most of my friends as I'm the "new" one in the group. Whereas Y has a different group of friends which would make it easier, but I don't know him that well yet. Ugh.
Advice, anyone?
"Women have feelings. Without them, rape would be useless."

http://www.facebook.com/smeez0rz
http://www.last.fm/user/Smeez0rz

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:59 pm

Me and my girlfriend got to the one year mark on Friday, woohoo.

We haven't spoken for a week though, so I'm not gonna start celebrating until I know things are actually okay with us!!!

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Smee wrote:I'm really fucking confused at the moment. There's two guys, will use X and Y instead of their names, just in case.
I met X at Bloodstock. Liked him from the very beginning. He knows I like him as I told him I do on New Year's Eve. X happens to be a very good friend of all my friends, most of them have known him at least 5 to 10 years. When I told him what I think of him he said he works so much he'd hardly be able to see me. Also, he's been single for more than 4 years and this would be a really big step. However, everyone keeps saying we'd be a great couple and he'd take care of me and all that. But then there's the fact that we've only known eachother for a few months. His last gf fuck him over really bad (not sure what happened but everyone says it pretty much destroyed him) and well, I can understand he'd be afraid that would happen again since he doesn't everything about me.
He does come out less and less as he's saving money to get his own place soon which is also why he works so much. I haven't seen him since the 1st nor spoken to him since then, so I don't really know what's going to happen, if anything will happen at all.
Then there's Y who I've properly met about a month and a half ago (did talk to him a few times before but that doesn't really count). I have the feeling we have a lot more in common than X and I do. Don't see him very often as he usually goes to a different pub than we all do and he only really comes to Scruffys on special occasions. Since the very beginning it's been obvious he likes me. Can't keep his eyes off me and all that. So, a friend of mine (who got really annoyed by Y asking her questions about me all the time) told me to send him a private message on Facebook to ask if he'd like to meet up for a few drinks as whenever I see him there's friends around. Sent this about a week ago and still didn't get an answer which made me think he doesn't want to. But then Thursday me and a friend went to "his" pub as I wanted to ask if I could work there. Ran into some guy who asked us to come downstairs for a few drinks, and Y happened to be there aswell. First thing he asked was if I actually remember him. He obviously hasn't read the message on Facebook and I'm really shy so I didn't ask him then. But once again he showed much more interest in me than the guy who came with me even though they know eachother quite well.
Now, the downside is that 3 people who know him have said that he's really obsessive when it comes to relationships etc and I should forget about him and try to get it working with X. But then again, most of my friends don't actually know Y that well or at all, and their judgement is based on what his best friend says and I think she's a bitch anyway so don't know what to believe or not.
See, if I got in a relationship with X and something happened I'm afraid I might lose most of my friends as I'm the "new" one in the group. Whereas Y has a different group of friends which would make it easier, but I don't know him that well yet. Ugh.
Advice, anyone?

My advice is make it less than 1000 words and I might read it.

Smee
Leather Rebel

Postby Smee » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:19 pm

Less than that wouldn:t explain it. :P And didn't you once say you're not the person to ask such things anyway, eh? :rolleyes:
"Women have feelings. Without them, rape would be useless."

http://www.facebook.com/smeez0rz
http://www.last.fm/user/Smeez0rz

Nickl
Consort of the Beast

Postby Nickl » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:19 pm

herzeleid wrote:
Smee wrote:I'm really fucking confused at the moment. There's two guys, will use X and Y instead of their names, just in case.
Advice, anyone?

My advice is make it less than 1000 words and I might read it.

:evillaff:
"Inspire us with the spleen of fiery dragons !
Upon them ! Victory sits on our helms.
"

Fields of the Nephilim ,
Moonsorrow ,
Winterfylleth ,
A forest of stars ,
Primordial
&
Fen ! ! !
for B O A.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Smee wrote:Less than that wouldn:t explain it. :P And didn't you once say you're not the person to ask such things anyway, eh? :rolleyes:

Taking relationship advice from me is like taking homebuying advice from a hobo :)

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:21 pm

herzeleid wrote:
Smee wrote:Less than that wouldn:t explain it. :P And didn't you once say you're not the person to ask such things anyway, eh? :rolleyes:

Taking relationship advice from me is like taking homebuying advice from a hobo :)

But one of those crazy hobos whose allways spookily right.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:22 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:
herzeleid wrote:

But one of those crazy hobos whose allways spookily right.

Well yes, I have been in a stable relationship before. I'm like a hobo that used to be an estate agent.

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:31 pm

Things are mainly going pretty well for me at the moment, however the other night (after a few drinks) when we were having one of our long chats about our week, the world and other general rubbish I made the mistake of telling him that I almost started a relationship with a friend of ours when we were not together.

He brushed it off at the time and acted as though he didn't care about it, but now he is being strange and a bit paranoid.

In a way I was glad I said something as I am not guilty of anything and I don't like keeping things from people, yet I wonder if this may have been one of those times that ignorance would have been bliss.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...