The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon
Posts: 18671
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:52 am
Location: Leigh
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:34 pm

why dont you two lonely hearts get together? eh? ;)
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

User avatar
isabiggles
Denim Demon
Posts: 3375
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby isabiggles » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:36 pm

AnnihiSlateR wrote:why dont you two lonely hearts get together? eh? ;)


I don't like willy.
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

twilightoftheidols
Denim Demon
Posts: 3162
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Lancaster, UK
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby twilightoftheidols » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:36 pm

AnnihiSlateR wrote:why dont you two lonely hearts get together? eh? ;)

bah no moar forum couples!!! Unless u wanna pair me up with someone :P
Insurgency - War Thrashing Chaos - Militant Death Cult MLP due September 2017 https://insurgencythrashuk.bandcamp.com

User avatar
AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon
Posts: 18671
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:52 am
Location: Leigh
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:38 pm

isabiggles wrote:
AnnihiSlateR wrote:why dont you two lonely hearts get together? eh? ;)


I don't like willy.

really?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/sh ... tcount=162
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

User avatar
isabiggles
Denim Demon
Posts: 3375
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby isabiggles » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:40 pm

AnnihiSlateR wrote:
isabiggles wrote:
AnnihiSlateR wrote:why dont you two lonely hearts get together? eh? ;)


I don't like willy.

really?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/sh ... tcount=162


Ah tits, foiled.
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

User avatar
Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon
Posts: 4466
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:42 am
Location: Neath Abbey, Wales
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:44 pm

Danroush wrote:
Johnny Tightlips wrote:
Danroush wrote:
those two things are in no way similar. If you wanted to make a comparison to weaken my argument you should have tried mentioning christmas like Strappingyoungkate did, because I admit that christmas can be worse for some people, but it's the fact that the majority of the population is with someone which emphasises the people that aren't


Care to explain why they're not the same rather than just stating it?

I still fail to see your point here. Couples don't go around on Valentines Day with badges saying "Fuck you, I'm in a relationship and you're not". Furthermore, having spent many, many Valentine's Days single, I can confirm that I did not feel bitter about it at all if I saw a couple walking around because, quite frankly, I'm not a cunt.


firstly, look at the bold part. secondly I've already sorted this with annihalslater, read the topic before posting


Jesus wept, were you born a moron or did it take years of practice? Don't just run away because you can't answer what I asked. I feel you are completely missing the point here. How does Valentine's Day emphasise this more than any other day? Do you see couple walking down the street, or enjoying a meal in a restaurant on any other day? Of course you do. Valentine's Day has never, ever ruined being single for me because I'm man enough to not let it bother me. Read that last sentence a few times and try and understand what it means.

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Applecore » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:05 pm

Johnny Tightlips wrote:
Danroush wrote:
those two things are in no way similar. If you wanted to make a comparison to weaken my argument you should have tried mentioning christmas like Strappingyoungkate did, because I admit that christmas can be worse for some people, but it's the fact that the majority of the population is with someone which emphasises the people that aren't


Care to explain why they're not the same rather than just stating it?

I still fail to see your point here. Couples don't go around on Valentines Day with badges saying "Fuck you, I'm in a relationship and you're not". Furthermore, having spent many, many Valentine's Days single, I can confirm that I did not feel bitter about it at all if I saw a couple walking around because, quite frankly, I'm not a cunt.


Bugger, I was going to jump in here and agree with Dan. I hate Valentines Day when I'm single because tbh, seeing all the ads on tv, hearing all the messages of love and lovesongs on the radio, seeing people's Facebook statuses etc really does bring me down. That's why some single people hate it too much.
But then I read the end of your post, and, well, I am a cunt.
I'm a selfish bastard who can't be happy for anyone else in a relationship unless I am, too.
Don't get me wrong, I don't walk around swearing at couples, punching people buying Valentines Cards or anything like that. I just get a bit sick of sleeping on my own in a double bed.
/Moody prick.

Anyway what's with the talk of Valentines Day? Things can change in 4 weeks!
Last edited by Applecore on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Twaddlefish
Denim Demon
Posts: 8157
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:21 pm
Location: York, baby

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Twaddlefish » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:08 pm

I won't be single for Valentine's Day. For the first time ever. Woo!
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.



Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

User avatar
Finnvitka
Denim Demon
Posts: 15479
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: NCC-1701
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Finnvitka » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:13 pm

I genuinely would laugh my fucking arse off if you all ended up single by some hilarious twist of fate just before Valentine's day. I really fucking would.

Valentine's day means shit all, it's an excuse to get a nice present and a meal out of someone. Stop being bitter and whiny about it.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

User avatar
Twaddlefish
Denim Demon
Posts: 8157
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:21 pm
Location: York, baby

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Twaddlefish » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:37 pm

Finnvitka wrote:Valentine's day means shit all, it's an excuse to get a nice present and a meal out of someone.


Don't forget, you get to swallow too! :yes:
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.



Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

User avatar
Metallinen
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1537
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:30 pm
Location: Cardiff
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Metallinen » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:39 pm

Am I the only one who thinks valentine's day is worse when you're in a relationship?

I always thought it was about singles making their secretive feelings for someone known. It's not very exciting to get a valentine's card from your partner. That's just stating the obvious. Although of course it's obligatory.

User avatar
Finnvitka
Denim Demon
Posts: 15479
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: NCC-1701
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Finnvitka » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
Finnvitka wrote:Valentine's day means shit all, it's an excuse to get a nice present and a meal out of someone.


Don't forget, you get to swallow too! :yes:


He'll be lucky, it's highly unlikely I'll get to see boyshape on Valentine's day.

Besides, I can utterly trump the entire world on "best Valentine's day present ever", my ex (this was when we were still together, obvs), flew back from a gap year in New Zealand early to see me.

Har. Beat that.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Applecore » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:43 pm

Metallinen wrote:Am I the only one who thinks valentine's day is worse when you're in a relationship?

I always thought it was about singles making their secretive feelings for someone known. It's not very exciting to get a valentine's card from your partner. That's just stating the obvious. Although of course it's obligatory.


That's a fair point, but I never do that.
As you may have guessed if you've seen any of my previous posts in this thread, I always find myself having feelings for a girl who has a boyfriend :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10591
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Noodle » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:50 pm

AnnihiSlateR wrote:
Noodle wrote:

A day every year that is all about being in love, having lovey dovey couples going out of their way to buy roses and rip off prices and other things to show your partner that you're actually a sweetie because of a story or person (I'm not entirely sure of the origins of valentine's day. In fact I'd be surprised if a great number of people would too) told us that this day should be marked as a day for couples, isn't going to be doing those who are bitter any good whatsoever.


St. Valentine was a priest who was imprisoned/killed (i cant remember which or weather it was both.) for allowing christian couples to marry. thats the story we were told at school.

to be fair, not everyone gets cought up the whole spending a fortune aspect. I dont think ive spent more than a fiver on vicky. but thats not what its about. I always used to say, why do i need a special day to love someone more? But its just nice, to appreciate each other and what you have, something that even though you should, you dont always.

And I dont think it was invented to spite bitter people. And I mean this in the nicest way possible, who's fault is it that your bitter?


So it's a Christian (religious) thing that business has taken and blown way out of proportion as a way of making money. Remind you of anything in particular?

No, I'm with you on the fact that couples don't always go for the whole spendy spendy part, and well done to you if you don't. I agree with you on the bit in bold and understand the bit after though.

With regards to the last part, I know. It was less of a complaint than an explanation as to why some, well, a lot of single people despise valentine's day. It's one of my personal reasons for disliking it all, and I'd imagine it allies to lots of others too.

Finnvitka wrote:Valentine's day means shit all, it's an excuse to get a nice present and a meal out of someone. Stop being bitter and whiny about it.


Well done for missing out the single people. Who are they going to get a present and a meal out of someone :rolleyes:

MentalInfestation wrote:*post adding the likes of Westlife to the mix*

Yep. Boy bands are also welcome to join the party of unexplainable talent-related popularity. I don't even know if that makes sense, but popularity of artists based on ballads and pretty-boy image is for an entirely and ancient discussion
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
Finnvitka
Denim Demon
Posts: 15479
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: NCC-1701
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Finnvitka » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:54 pm

Single people don't count, duh.

Besides, the bars on V-day are invariably full of desperate single women, therefore, the single men just need to go to said bars and shag said desperate single women, and everyone is happy for at least half an hour.

Maybe.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage