The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Applecore » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:09 pm

True. Either is infinitely quicker than waiting for me to actually SAY something.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Manadh
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2433
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Manadh » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:10 pm

:D Ta folks
Applecore wrote:Again, facebook messaging ;) Texting would've got me a reply by now :P

Not necessarily, which would have been worse!

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Applecore » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Manadh wrote::D Ta folks
Applecore wrote:Again, facebook messaging ;) Texting would've got me a reply by now :P

Not necessarily, which would have been worse!

I dunno, she's good at replying pretty quickly to texts. I'm pretty sure that she's not messaged back because she's not been on Facebook yet.

EDIT: I just got a message on facebook. I shat a brick.
It was tour dates for my mate's band. Ffs.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
RB2610
Denim Demon
Posts: 3014
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:30 pm
Location: London

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby RB2610 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:17 pm

If it's a FB message doesn't that mean everyone can see it? :|
Image
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

User avatar
Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon
Posts: 4466
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:42 am
Location: Neath Abbey, Wales
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Applecore wrote:
Manadh wrote::D Ta folks
Applecore wrote:Again, facebook messaging ;) Texting would've got me a reply by now :P

Not necessarily, which would have been worse!

I dunno, she's good at replying pretty quickly to texts. I'm pretty sure that she's not messaged back because she's not been on Facebook yet.

EDIT: I just got a message on facebook. I shat a brick.
It was tour dates for my mate's band. Ffs.


Heh hang in there Craig!

Amelia
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:24 am
Location: hawai'i

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Amelia » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:19 pm

RB2610 wrote:If it's a FB message doesn't that mean everyone can see it? :|

no, that would be a wall post. you can do pm's on facebook.

User avatar
Manadh
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2433
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Manadh » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:19 pm

Applecore wrote:I dunno, she's good at replying pretty quickly to texts. I'm pretty sure that she's not messaged back because she's not been on Facebook yet.

I meant that if she is normally good at replying to texts but hadn't that would be worse than waiting on her to reply on facebook? Or would you just rather know either way?

User avatar
MotorAmarth
Denim Demon
Posts: 6435
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:25 pm
Location: St Helens/Swansea
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby MotorAmarth » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Applecore wrote:EDIT: I just got a message on facebook. I shat a brick.
It was tour dates for my mate's band. Ffs.


Awww no I hate it when that happens!
Hope she replies soon Craig :D
Image

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Applecore » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Manadh wrote:
Applecore wrote:I dunno, she's good at replying pretty quickly to texts. I'm pretty sure that she's not messaged back because she's not been on Facebook yet.

I meant that if she is normally good at replying to texts but hadn't that would be worse than waiting on her to reply on facebook? Or would you just rather know either way?


Tbh, even if it takes her a week to reply, I just want to know where I stand.
She said something about coming home this weekend, so if she's not replied by then and we hang out, I'll have to bite the bullet and say something.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

vonLipwig
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:43 pm

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby vonLipwig » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Applecore wrote:I'll have to bite the bullet and say something.



Bite the Bullet!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkbgNnUp4G0
Image

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Applecore » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Image
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2653
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Far away from here!!!

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby MentalInfestation » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:54 pm

vonLipwig wrote:
Applecore wrote:I'll have to bite the bullet and say something.



Bite the Bullet!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkbgNnUp4G0


Bah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWp0kjovkgE :yes:
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

User avatar
Lick Mars
I am the Law!
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Stuttgart
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Lick Mars » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:30 pm

Finnvitka wrote:Either way, getting a girlfriend is not the be all and end all of life. The less you chase things, the more things happen.


This has always been my thinking.

Some people seem to think being single is the worst thing ever and that you HAVE to be with someone. I suppose if you've been single for ages it can knock your self esteem , but its really not as bigger deal as you think and thats when you end up trying for the wrong people. Its better for your self confidence to start trying to be happy single. Then when someone does comes along its a hell of a lot easier.

Nothing wrong with making an effort to ask someone out, good luck and everything. Though its best to start subtle and if the signals are all wrong leave it, even let her come to you. Girls don't find guys confessing feelings instantly attractive (thats at least 3rd date material). Maybe its just me who likes guys to play a bit of hard to get..
Image

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Applecore » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:37 pm

It's hard to feel happy being single when it lasts for so long each time. Not to mention the endless amounts of rejection.
But anyway, it's not so much that I hate being single, it's more that I like this girl and want to do something about it, instead of doing my usual thing of liking her but keeping shtum about it and then she gets a boyfriend who, inevitably, is a bastard (whether he's actually a bastard or if I just decide he is because he's not me is another story altogether).
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon
Posts: 3195
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:06 pm
Location: Dewsbury
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:02 pm

MentalInfestation wrote:
vonLipwig wrote:
Applecore wrote:I'll have to bite the bullet and say something.



Bite the Bullet!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkbgNnUp4G0


Bah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWp0kjovkgE :yes:



No no. vonLipwig is correct.
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!