The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Applecore » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Starting to have second thoughts about the meet up next weekend. I've no idea what her game is but I don't know that I want to play along. I don't want this bullshit anymore. I just want things to be fucking simple for once.

That, and I can't really afford to take her out anywhere :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Applecore wrote:Starting to have second thoughts about the meet up next weekend. I've no idea what her game is but I don't know that I want to play along. I don't want this bullshit anymore. I just want things to be fucking simple for once.

That, and I can't really afford to take her out anywhere :lol:

I've skipped bits and probably have the wrong end of the stick, but am I right in thinking this is a girl who "friend-zone'd" you? If so, you shouldn't be paying to take her out anywhere. She can pay for herself, you've no reason to fork out for her (unless you tend to fork out for all your friends, in which case you're either very generous or very exploited ;P).

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:44 pm

I have to agree, if you're in the friends zone act like you are, which means exactly that , just friends, not on dates where you pay etc, that's just taking the piss, and any woman worth her salt will offer to go halves anyway

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:52 pm

That's the problem though, I don't know if it's a date or not. If it's a date then obviously I'd pay, but if it's not then I'm not totally sure I want to go.

I don't want to repeat what happened last time I was friend-zone'd by a girl called Hannah. I told her I really liked her, she could only see me as a friend. We still hung out loads and my feelings never went away, they grew. Before I knew it, I was in love with a girl who just couldn't see me as anything more than a close friend. It put me through so much shit that I don't want that to happen again.

If Ali's changed her mind, or wants to give things a go then that's fucking amazing, but if I'm still just a friend then I don't know if I want to do this kinda stuff for a while.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

black_rose
Leather Rebel

Postby black_rose » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:55 pm

Applecore wrote:That's the problem though, I don't know if it's a date or not. If it's a date then obviously I'd pay, but if it's not then I'm not totally sure I want to go.

I don't want to repeat what happened last time I was friend-zone'd by a girl called Hannah. I told her I really liked her, she could only see me as a friend. We still hung out loads and my feelings never went away, they grew. Before I knew it, I was in love with a girl who just couldn't see me as anything more than a close friend. It put me through so much shit that I don't want that to happen again.

If Ali's changed her mind, or wants to give things a go then that's fucking amazing, but if I'm still just a friend then I don't know if I want to do this kinda stuff for a while.

You need to assume that it's not a date unless she specifically says it is, dude. Which means she's paying for herself. End of.
Maybe I am just the road, dreaming that I walk

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:55 pm

Applecore wrote:That's the problem though, I don't know if it's a date or not. If it's a date then obviously I'd pay, but if it's not then I'm not totally sure I want to go.

How has she asked you out on this, ie was it do you fancy going out next week,or was are you taking me out next week then, or was it kinda silent thing ?

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:57 pm

kle110 wrote:
jackcake wrote:
isabiggles wrote:What is the best way to find a girlfriend?

Go.

Pose in front of a DeLorean and the offers will come rolling in.

Well, it worked for you, but it wasn't the DeLorean I was interested in :P ;)
I liked your Gamma Ray T-shirt and your face/hair, so there.

Have I read this wrong or is this another couple on the forum?
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Amelia
Consort of the Beast

Postby Amelia » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:58 pm

and even if it is a date, she should pay for herself.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:58 pm

black_rose wrote:

You need to assume that it's not a date unless she specifically says it is, dude. Which means she's paying for herself. End of.

This. Unless she gives you clear reason to think otherwise, it's two mates hanging out. Treat it as so.

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:03 pm

also, just as general advice, dont split the bill equal. Pay for what you bought, etc.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

kle110
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby kle110 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Danroush wrote:
kle110 wrote:
jackcake wrote:Pose in front of a DeLorean and the offers will come rolling in.

Yeah we've been a couple for 18 months now :)
And we didn't meet on the forum, so everyone knows! He showed me it so I decided to join too..

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:26 pm

Smindas wrote:
black_rose wrote:You need to assume that it's not a date unless she specifically says it is, dude. Which means she's paying for herself. End of.

This. Unless she gives you clear reason to think otherwise, it's two mates hanging out. Treat it as so.

If it's not a date I'm not convinced I want to go. I'd essentially be paying to eat overpriced food when I've got plenty of stuff at home that's not cost me a penny (yay for living with parents), not to mention the inevitable wondering what she really means when she says/does certain things. It's not as simple as focussing on it being two friends hanging out, if I like someone, I can't do that. I've tried, but I just can't fucking do it. I overthink everything and I don't even want to. I know it'll just lead to disappointment but I can't stop myself.

Anyway, I texted her tonight asking what the plan is for next week and she's said chinese and a gig. But she also wants to see some people in town after the gig as it's someone's birthday. That'll be.. great.. ugh.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:32 pm

kle110 wrote:
Danroush wrote:
kle110 wrote:

Yeah we've been a couple for 18 months now :)
And we didn't meet on the forum, so everyone knows! He showed me it so I decided to join too..

fair enough :lol: even so, pretty much all of the forumers are with other forumers, and the relationships thread will turn nice... :thud:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Needn't worry, ply me with alcohol and my ramblings will help fight the cause for bitter singleton.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:36 pm

I'm not.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage