The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Danroush wrote:pretty much all of the forumers are with other forumers

Interesting stat, care to explain how you came to that conclusion?

black_rose
Leather Rebel

Postby black_rose » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:54 pm

Applecore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
black_rose wrote:You need to assume that it's not a date unless she specifically says it is, dude. Which means she's paying for herself. End of.

This. Unless she gives you clear reason to think otherwise, it's two mates hanging out. Treat it as so.

If it's not a date I'm not convinced I want to go. I'd essentially be paying to eat overpriced food when I've got plenty of stuff at home that's not cost me a penny (yay for living with parents), not to mention the inevitable wondering what she really means when she says/does certain things. It's not as simple as focussing on it being two friends hanging out, if I like someone, I can't do that. I've tried, but I just can't fucking do it. I overthink everything and I don't even want to. I know it'll just lead to disappointment but I can't stop myself.

Anyway, I texted her tonight asking what the plan is for next week and she's said chinese and a gig. But she also wants to see some people in town after the gig as it's someone's birthday. That'll be.. great.. ugh.

...you do realise you don't actually have to go if you don't want to?
Seriously, assuming she's not an arsehole then she'll understand if you explain why you don't really want to go, and from the sounds of things you need to take some time to get your head sorted out (no offense) before you start hanging out with her again.
Maybe I am just the road, dreaming that I walk

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:57 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:00 pm

lml and I seem to alternate paying.

Applecore, I mean this in the kindest way possible. You're a nice guy.

Grow something motherfucking stones. You let girls walk all over you in the vain hope you'll get some ass, and for the most part you seem to be going for the wrong ones. It sucks, and I'm not lauding anything over you but you put yourself out time and time again to get yourself hurt by the not-totally-unexpected friendzoning. Cut contact with them if it's going to hurt you, explain that they're your best friend or whatever but because you have feelings for her that could potentially ruin the relationship that you have if/when she doesn't return them, that you need to keep your distance for a while to get your head sorted.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:06 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:lml and I seem to alternate paying.

Applecore, I mean this in the kindest way possible. You're a nice guy.

Grow something motherfucking stones. You let girls walk all over you in the vain hope you'll get some ass, and for the most part you seem to be going for the wrong ones. It sucks, and I'm not lauding anything over you but you put yourself out time and time again to get yourself hurt by the not-totally-unexpected friendzoning. Cut contact with them if it's going to hurt you, explain that they're your best friend or whatever but because you have feelings for her that could potentially ruin the relationship that you have if/when she doesn't return them, that you need to keep your distance for a while to get your head sorted.

I hate that I agree with you. To an extent, at least. I do go for the wrong girls but it's not intentional, they seem like the right girls at the time and then it kicks me in the nuts. It's just shit luck tbh.
Thing is, I'm not the strongest person in the world, I am a bit of a doormat and as much as I don't want to be one, I just don't want to change. So when a girl turns me down, I'll take it quite hard but still be willing to do anything and everything for them in the hope that they'll change their mind.
Fuck, the other week I picked Hannah up from town at half 1 in the morning just because she was on her own and I wanted to make sure she got home safely. Most others would've told her to get a taxi and gone to sleep.
I'm my own worst enemy really. I have the power to say no and put a stop to things but I never do. It doesn't help that most of my best friends are girls, and I've had feelings for all but maybe one or two of them. So taking a break from them would leave me mostly alone, and I fucking hate that.
/woe is me.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:18 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nemain_79
Definitely Not Nu

Postby nemain_79 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:19 pm

7 years with another forumer at the end of this month!! Has flown by. Love you x :love:

nemain_79
Definitely Not Nu

Postby nemain_79 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:22 pm

Well I just watched him read that and he didn't even smile - miserable shit! :lol:

The Bearer
Denim Demon

Postby The Bearer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:29 pm

nemain_79 wrote:Well I just watched him read that and he didn't even smile - miserable shit! :lol:

Sorry me dear! :D I don't really "do" this thread haha

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:34 pm

So.. the bearer joined and then a few hours later said to his girlfriend that she should join the BOA forums.

Insightful Monk, insightful.
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:38 pm

isabiggles wrote:So.. the bearer joined and then a few hours later said to his girlfriend that she should join the BOA forums.

Detective Will is detective.
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

The Bearer
Denim Demon

Postby The Bearer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:42 pm

:lol: :lol:

nemain_79
Definitely Not Nu

Postby nemain_79 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:43 pm

I'm such a sheep

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Moonburp wrote:
isabiggles wrote:So.. the bearer joined and then a few hours later said to his girlfriend that she should join the BOA forums.

Detective Will is detective.

Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:57 pm

Well, that's easily the greatest image I've seen all day.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock