The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Immort_Reaper
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Immort_Reaper » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Applecore wrote:I think what Josh is referring to is where Amy said that women can act/dress like sluts, but it's not cool for men to call them such because of it. May have got the wrong end of the stick, but I can see where he's coming from. If I'm dressed/acting like a prick, I'd expect to be told.

Also this.

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:19 pm

It's not just men, it's not cool for other women to say it either

And therein lies the fundamental problem Alex, men don't get called sluts and whores unless it's in a joking manner. Thus we get the sexual double standard.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Wonder if there's ever a legitimate case to call someone a slut?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:21 pm

mcroper wrote:
Finnvitka wrote:I'm not saying at all that women can do "whatever the fuck they want". Just that women should be able to WEAR what they want and not be judged on it. Completely different things altogether. That is not the same as "lol women can go and steal and murder because they're women". It's "men can basically wear whatever the hell they like and don't get judged for it, why can't women?".

But the fact is, people always get judged on what they wear. If you're showing the majority of your tits then of course people will look at you funny. There's nothing wrong with a bit of cleavage but some girls take it much too far and wear skirts which should class as belts.
Men wear whatever the fuck they want because they don't have boobs to cover which means we just wear tshirts or a shirt anyway. Also i've been called all sorts for wearing what i wear and been judged on it, much like women do.

Plus, you could even say that there's less options for men to wear, whereas girls make the conscious effort to show a bit of boob or bum. I personally don't give a shit if they do or don't, but I think that if a girl is showing both or either, she should expect to be treated differently because of it - just like if I'm wearing an offensive shirt, I'd expect to be called up on it, or have people make assumptions about me because of it. Sure the assumptions would be defeated as soon as they talk to me - I'm quite a nice guy, but first impressions are always made visually.
Last edited by Applecore on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Immort_Reaper
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Immort_Reaper » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Finnvitka wrote:It's not just men, it's not cool for other women to say it either

And therein lies the fundamental problem Alex, men don't get called sluts and whores unless it's in a joking manner. Thus we get the sexual double standard.

Except, men do get judged for being promiscuous. I know I've told people they're cunts for hitting and running in the past, as have my friends judged people for using people for sex. It's solely dependant on your social circle and experience.

Immort_Reaper
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Immort_Reaper » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:22 pm

siliconfury wrote:Wonder if there's ever a legitimate case to call someone a slut?

When you're paying them on their way out?

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Nope. Unless they're the original definition which just means "unclean". And in that circumstance, just calling them "unclean" would cause less confusion.

Josh - men get judged for it a HELL of a lot less than women do. Just because you do that doesn't mean that everyone does.
tumblr|facebook

ImageImageImage

Immort_Reaper
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Immort_Reaper » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Finnvitka wrote:Josh - men get judged for it a HELL of a lot less than women do. Just because you do that doesn't mean that everyone does.

Yet women propagate this by associating with people who act like this, because they like the attention. If you're that offended by it, don't be their friend for christ sake.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:25 pm

hey guys what's-

oh.

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Finnvitka wrote:It's not just men, it's not cool for other women to say it either

If a guy acts like a slut I'll call him a slut or similar.

Corpse_Flower
Consort of the Beast

Postby Corpse_Flower » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:29 pm

I just read like 6 pages out of boredom. In conclusion: Rape is bad, people dressing in a provocative way should not be judged (resists urge to use the word 'slut') blah blah blah. Now can we go back to being our old depressing soul sucking relationship thread?
Last edited by Corpse_Flower on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Opeth officially not better than cigarettes or medical aid"

http://www.facebook.com/FilthyVictorianGirl
http://www.last.fm/user/Victorianfaerie

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Immort_Reaper wrote:
Finnvitka wrote:Josh - men get judged for it a HELL of a lot less than women do. Just because you do that doesn't mean that everyone does.

Yet women propagate this by associating with people who act like this, because they like the attention. If you're that offended by it, don't be their friend for christ sake.

So what if some women like the attention, that's their prerogative and they're quite welcome to enjoy it. What I'm getting at is that it's bullshit for other people to call them sluts because of what they wear or how they act.

Anyway. I am done with this now. I've said what I wanted to.
tumblr|facebook

ImageImageImage

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Immort_Reaper wrote:
siliconfury wrote:Wonder if there's ever a legitimate case to call someone a slut?

When you're paying them on their way out?

Or during rough sex tbh.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:32 pm

So now that people's morals have been shifted onto the high ground, I invite you all to maintain that view with the infamous exhibit 1.

Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:33 pm

siliconfury wrote:So now that people's morals have been shifted onto the high ground, I invite you all to maintain that view with the infamous exhibit 1.

Nah she's not a slut, she's just dressing how she wants.