The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Littlemissmetal » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:47 pm

Lick Mars wrote:well seems like my relationship might be back on again.. God I hate this head mess stuff..bloody men, split up with you then come back all sorry with puppy dog eyes.. I am glad cos we are the most awesome couple EVER, but I can't deny feeling a bit drained of emotion.

Hope it works out for you :)

Amazingly I may have just found something for Valentine's day. Odd place to find it in a foreign airport, but I'm not complaining! :D
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:51 pm

On a semi-related note, I'm out of the shower. ;)
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:53 pm

haven't spoken to the thing I call my girlfriend for 3 weeks now....not sure if that means we've broken up or things are still going on with us...maybe I should ask, lol

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:00 pm

My friend got back from holiday today and text me saying he has brought me some nice shoes! The thing is, he has brought me about 5 pairs now.

I don't really know what to do, I don't want to make a big deal out of it as I might be reading too much into it, yet it is putting a bit of a strain on me and my actual bloke as he feels this guy is trying to make him look bad (he said he feels that he has to get me shoes now to avoid looking like a cunt).

Not really sure if I should say something, I don't want to hurt either of them.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:09 pm

bloodfiend wrote:haven't spoken to the thing I call my girlfriend for 3 weeks now....not sure if that means we've broken up or things are still going on with us...maybe I should ask, lol

Muppet. :rolleyes:
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Manadh
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Manadh » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:38 pm

When our mates got engaged last year the boy get the arse on because he thought we would be the first ones to get engaged and was apparently considering proposing when we have moved in together. This was news to me as we'd never really talked about it and I've never been bothered about getting married.
Now he keeps bringing it up in a round a bout kind of way :eyes: But I'm not entirely sure where I stand on the situation, as I'd never even considered that it would happen :?

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Marriage isn't something I've ever thought much about either, but it isn't something I think you should do lightly, or if you're not sure.
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:11 pm

Marriage is a "BAH! Humbug!" for me. Seen far too many divorces to think it's really worth it. All that money you spend on one day to then pay even more money for divorce papers. What a waste.
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

Manadh
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Manadh » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:12 pm

That being the problem.
I'd always assumed that I wouldn't want to, but now I am actually thinking about it I'm not so sure.
Oh well, he's not proposed yet and it's not likely to happen in the near future as nothing is happening with the house so I have time to think about it properly and figure it all out.

MI - I've always been like that. Plus I wouldn't want a day where I was the centre of attention! Buuut presents and a pretty dress :lol: ;)

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Presents :yes: The rest just doesn't work for me. Marriage just doesn't work in my family, so I'm steering well clear.
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:16 pm

I'm nervous about the whole ceremony - everyone's looking at me, and there's a lot of expectation to get things perfect. If I say one thing wrong, even if it doesn't affect the actual marriage, people will be like "Shit, she said it wrong!".

Also, my sister will not like me being the centre of attention one bit, she always acts up. Stupid bitch got a pair of GHD straighteners for Christmas, and went MENTAL when she'd heard my mum had bought me my fucking wedding dress! :| So she's gonna be interesting on the day. Hoep she grows up between now and then.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Manadh
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Manadh » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Yeah that would make me nervous too! When is your big day?

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:22 pm

It's ages away yet, 13th August 2011. It clashes with the Bloodstock weekend, but the other dates in August went quick, and nobody wanted the 13th for some unthinkable reason.

I'm excited about getting all dolled up, but having everyone watching me and judging me is gonna be interesting. People probably expect me to go the whole shebang with my hair, but I'm just gonna do it myself.. they might think I'm being cheap. I want it to be relaxed rather than prim and proper.. but I think that will conflict with my mum's idea of her daughter's wedding. Ah well.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:26 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:haven't spoken to the thing I call my girlfriend for 3 weeks now....not sure if that means we've broken up or things are still going on with us...maybe I should ask, lol

Muppet. :rolleyes:

oh do bugger off.

we had a huge argument and she's had personal problems recently, so we've been giving each other space for a while, is that okay? if not eff off.

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:04 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.