The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed May 08, 2013 5:51 pm

kanet666 wrote:
keera_envenomed wrote:Of course you'd be equally responsible! Unless she drugged you or something.

See, that's how I see it, everyone else I know seems to believe otherwise :|

Pfft - fuck everyone else. They are clearly tools.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed May 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:
siliconfury wrote:What about cheating on someone when you know quite well they're already in a relationship?

I did that. Still a cunt for it.

I've done that, I'll admit it's not morally brilliant but I don't see it on the same level at all as cheating, especially if the person they're with is someone I don't know at all (or hate). I wouldn't do something like that if I was friends with the other guy though, would be breaking the trust I had with that friend.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Wed May 08, 2013 5:56 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:
kanet666 wrote:
keera_envenomed wrote:Of course you'd be equally responsible! Unless she drugged you or something.

Aye. It's not something I could do anyway.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:06 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:
kanet666 wrote:

Yeah, when you're aware they're in a relationship you're both equally in the wrong IMO.

On saying that I broke up a relationship once from doing that. Oops. It's obviously not a nice thing to do but it wasn't planned and the fact I'd never met the gf made it somewhat easier...

I used to be really anti cheating as my dad was a serial cheater and really tore our family apart in the end, but now I can't help but feel it's not all that bad. I have no plans on doing it obviously and if Jamie did it I'd be heart broken, but if my friends were cheating on their partner I probably wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Wed May 08, 2013 6:07 pm

karastorm wrote:It's the chatting up random people, going out side and doing something that may not be right for me. I'm in a state of confusion right now as I still love my ex and want them back. But I want to move on with my life and not sure how to do that. Considering I've only had two partner's I'm frightened I'll come across inexperienced or innocent.

In my experience, there's nothing that makes you miss someone you love more than going out and having crap sex with someone who isn't them. I'd spend the time going out with your friends and making a great new start until you're really ready to meet someone else.

I also find that having one or two proper sexual relationships makes you come across way more experienced than a countless number of the same drunken one night stands.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed May 08, 2013 6:11 pm

I doubt i'd ever cheat. Dealing with one guy is difficult enough.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed May 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Katesyl wrote:
karastorm wrote:It's the chatting up random people, going out side and doing something that may not be right for me. I'm in a state of confusion right now as I still love my ex and want them back. But I want to move on with my life and not sure how to do that. Considering I've only had two partner's I'm frightened I'll come across inexperienced or innocent.

In my experience, there's nothing that makes you miss someone you love more than going out and having crap sex with someone who isn't them. I'd spend the time going out with your friends and making a great new start until you're really ready to meet someone else.

I also find that having one or two proper sexual relationships makes you come across way more experienced than a countless number of the same drunken one night stands.

This, especially the second part as I haven't experienced the first really.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

karastorm
Warrior of Metal

Postby karastorm » Wed May 08, 2013 6:33 pm

The downside is all my friends are male ( the one's near by that have no family of there own) And all my female friends are too busy or live miles away. My closest female friend lives in Bristol and has her own worry's to deal with never mind helping me move on. So I'm stuck in a rut not going out or doing anything as I know I'll be vounrable to the wrong sort of man right now. So yeah..Hence the feeling like shit and hating your self the day after thing about sex.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed May 08, 2013 6:38 pm

karastorm wrote: I know I'll be vounrable to the wrong sort of man right now.

Sorry I am spoken for.

V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Postby V-Man » Wed May 08, 2013 6:41 pm

Turbo wrote:
karastorm wrote: I know I'll be vounrable to the wrong sort of man right now.

Sorry I am spoken for.

Just my thinking.
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Wed May 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Danroush wrote:Controversial question time!

First thing I wanna say is that I realise my personal experiences in no way represent the general population, I'm just curious to what the rest of you lot have experienced in comparison to me.

Basically, in my personal experience I've always found girls more likely to cheat on a guy than the other way around. Perhaps it's just because I'm male I'm more likely to pay attention to which girls cheat rather than which guys, but out of people I know fairly well, I know about 8 girls to have cheated, and only 2 guys. What's the ratio like for the rest of you lot?

Hmm... I think it's leaning more towards more men cheating than women on my end, but not by much. My perception may be skewed a little as my first boyfriend did cheat on me, but yeah. Had several female friends who've had their partner cheat on them, same goes for my male friends. Aside from my own personal experience, none of my male friends have ever been the "cheater".

As for the "once a cheater, always a cheater" thing, I would say that is a rather large generalistion. People can change, but ONLY if they truly want it, which most people do not. One thing I know is this: My ex who cheated on me, had cheated in the past. Oh, and before you ask, I had already been with him for two years before I was told this.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed May 08, 2013 7:01 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:
Tet wrote:For example: Eatin's not cheatin'. Discuss.

People only say that because it rhymes. I wonder actually if any man or woman could agree with the sentiment.

Yes, but my point still stands. For different people, cheating means different things. I've met people who feel that even thinking about someone else is considered cheating. And others for whom a fairly serious amount of contact is acceptable without them feeling they've cheated or been cheated on. I'm not sure where I'd draw the line. For me, kissing is OK. More than that? I don't know. It probably depends on the circumstances and the people involved.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Wed May 08, 2013 7:25 pm

Tet wrote:I've met people who feel that even thinking about someone else is considered cheating.

Wat.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Wed May 08, 2013 7:27 pm

VizardAmata wrote:
Tet wrote:I've met people who feel that even thinking about someone else is considered cheating.

Wat.

HE SAID HE'S MET PEOPLE WHO FEEL THAT EVEN THINKING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE IS CONSIDERED CHEATING.

:lol: sorry had to be done
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Wed May 08, 2013 7:31 pm

Never done a cheat. AFAIK I've only been cheated on once on New Years Eve '07/'08. I'd passed out from drink and my then-girlfriend got off with my mate in the other room :yes: