The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:05 am

herzeleid wrote:I'll help you guys get started, you just need to complete this sentence:

The main thing I did not like about my ex partner was __________

:lol: !

No offence, obv. Glad it's ended on okay terms.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:09 am

NeglectedField wrote:
herzeleid wrote:I'll help you guys get started, you just need to complete this sentence:

The main thing I did not like about my ex partner was __________

:lol: !

No offence, obv. Glad it's ended on okay terms.

This. One piece of advice I'd give though after seeing similar situations many times, is to give each other a little space through not meeting up too often, if just for a short while, to avoid things getting heated. If you try to jump straight from relationship to close mates it's often likely to cause problems, the most common being one or the other wanting to get back together when the other doesn't.

If you're already well aware of this then fair enough, was just throwing my 2 cent in
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:38 am

[quote=Danroush]

This. One piece of advice I'd give though after seeing similar situations many times, is to give each other a little space through not meeting up too often, if just for a short while, to avoid things getting heated. If you try to jump straight from relationship to close mates it's often likely to cause problems, the most common being one or the other wanting to get back together when the other doesn't.
[/quote]

Very much this. This is what I've had a lot of problems with over the past couple of months. And she can't understand why I'm not her bestest ever friend when whenever we are getting on she says she wants to get back with me. Pfffft.

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:58 am

keera_envenomed wrote:That's really sad to hear guys but i'm glad you are going to stay friends :)

This - it's always nice if you can maintain a friendship :)
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:02 am

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Well, I sent a last text to that girl basically saying "You, me, date?"

It's with the Gods now

EDIT - Fuck fuck fuck my goddam lack of spine and ability to actually grow a fucking pair sooner. She's "kind of seeing" someone at the moment. Why the fuck didn't I ask her on an actual date sooner? I always fucking procrastinate or put important things off for no reason. Well I feel like a toolbag #woeismetc
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Owen
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Owen » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Bisset wrote:Well, I sent a last text to that girl basically saying "You, me, date?"

It's with the Gods now

EDIT - Fuck fuck fuck my goddam lack of spine and ability to actually grow a fucking pair sooner. She's "kind of seeing" someone at the moment. Why the fuck didn't I ask her on an actual date sooner? I always fucking procrastinate or put important things off for no reason. Well I feel like a toolbag #woeismetc

Hey, you did nothing wrong, it's not easy asking people to out, at least you did it. Now you just wait and see what happens, although to be fair you're probably best just focusing your attention on someone else for the time being.
Turbo wrote:Got to be honest, in comparison to pizza you can get take away or at restaurants - shop bought pizza is shit. Had another doner kebab pizza today. Shit is off the fucking chain.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:10 pm

Been there myself of sorts. I was friends with this girl (still am) and travelled down to see her as such, but I was going to ask her out. I'd spent weeks trying to build up the courage then on the day when I got there she introduced me to her new boyfriend. Thankfully before I could embarrass myself.

It properly ruined my day, I came close to turning around and going home while their backs were turned but that would have made me look reasonably pathetic so I manned it out.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:30 am

Cheers guys, still feel like a proper tit though. Oh well, spinster it is :lol:
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:00 am

Nantha wrote:Today I went round a photographers house for a fitting. He left me in his house with the pc to go get another model from the station. Before he went out he said 'Oh you can use facebook and Spotify if you want, but make sure you log out of mine, I don't want people on my facebook seeing my Spotify and thinking something's wrong with me!'
When I enquired he said it's because I like all that 'dark, black music'. I said oh right, yeah I suppose you could call M83 and Kate Bush that :rolleyes:

I don't get it, it's such double standards. I don't assume anything about people's music tastes, yet I constantly have people criticising and making fun of what they think I listen to... and they usually get it completely wrong. :|

Generally to avoid all that, I don't wear band tshirts and 'metal' looking stuff unless I'm out with like-minded people nowadays, I don't have the energy for that sort of judgement any more.

Bit late to the party, but even the people I live with have a similar opinion of me. If they actually bothered to properly talk to me or listen to the music coming from my room they'd have realised that most of my music is incredibly happy and awesome. The generalisations are ridiculous. One of the reasons why I'm looking forwards to moving out in June...
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Pazuzu213
Consort of the Beast

Postby Pazuzu213 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Last edited by Pazuzu213 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Well yeah, obvious point there. I'd understand people laughing at me if I walked around wearing inverted crucifixes, corpse paint and 10 inch spikes, sure.
My point was it seems like it's acceptable to make fun of people who like metal (whether they dress alternatively or not), whereas it isn't for people into other music. But perhaps this is only from my experiences...
For example I wouldn't say to someone who liked hip hop 'oh lol where's your pimped out ride? Got any drugs nigga? Better not step on your white Puma's else you'll shank me bruv!'
Last edited by Nantha on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:14 pm

From what I gathered, it's not about people making the assumptions, it's about how they make them. People at work can be really mean about my music taste for no reason, whilst if I did the same thing to them they'd throw a hissy fit because they'd think I was being rude. I never bring up my taste in music, they've asked to have a listen to some songs that I like, and from there they've bitched about it for a year and a half now. I just think it's pretty immature for a bunch of 50+ year olds. If they don't like it, then don't bring it up. I'm kind enough to not blast any of "my" music at work, whilst I'm stuck listening to the same old songs from one of the hags' radio.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Eurovision fans get it too. :eyes: It's definitely not just metal.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Pazuzu213
Consort of the Beast

Postby Pazuzu213 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Last edited by Pazuzu213 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.