The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby MentalInfestation » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:00 pm

I think with all my ex's bar one, who was a total twat, if I'd been threatened in any way, shape or form, they'd have legged it. I've always ended up being the one in the trousers :rolleyes: Alpha males they were not. Two of them, their fave colour was pink...

Yeah, so I don't do the alpha male milarky. Find that all a bit sad and boring :|

P.S. I'm not saying all nice guys are pansies like my ex's, cause only one of them turned out to be nice :P
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:21 pm

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. There's a difference between being a nice guy and being a pushover. Applecore, hate to say it but you are well and truly under her thumb if you're doing all the things her boyfriend should (physical aspect notwithstanding). I'm agreeing with twilight etc, you gotta cut her out until feelings subside; worked for me not so long ago on a girl I'd been chasing for donkeys time.

You can be a nice guy and not put up with bullshit, because you feel this way about her you'll do anything for her, try saying no once in a while.

Also, http://www.menarebetterthanwomen.com
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Amelia
Consort of the Beast

Postby Amelia » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:55 am

i agree with pretty much everything that's been said. if she were really there for you emotionally, she wouldn't have allowed the friendship to continue when it's clear that being "just friends" is taking such a toll on you. If you hadn't already told her exactly how you feel about her then I could put it down to her being oblivious, but since you have, there's nothing more to be done. She can't make herself like you if she doesn't and you can't make yourself get over her when you are around her all the time. two years is too long to pine over anyone. keeping her as a friend, no matter how much you like her, is just masochistic.

MikeA
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby MikeA » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:09 am

Moonburp wrote:
Applecore wrote:Being a nice guy doesn't get you anywhere.

Truth.

Bollocks.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:59 am

MikeA wrote:
Moonburp wrote:

Truth.

Bollocks.

agreeing with both, it all depends on your circumstances
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Illwish
Denim Demon

Postby Illwish » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:03 pm

MikeA wrote:
Moonburp wrote:

Truth.

Bollocks.

Nah. If you can fake that you're a nice guy, that works.

MikeA
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby MikeA » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:20 pm

Its not true though. I hardly think im faking being a nice guy or anyone else in a long term relationship is faking it.

Most likly that the other person is infact a absolute bitch and so it doesn;t work. Its just bitter people seem to think its a valid excuse.

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:26 pm

Moonburp wrote:

Truth.

I always think that, but its totally dependant on the other person. Me and my mate Nicola of almost 9 years fall out constantly over daft little things, she seems to get jealous easily. I always think to myself though "is it me, really?".... i seem to attract drama within certain friendships but i feel im far too laid back and "nice" to ever be able to comprehend why. I have been told thats one of my downfalls though, the fact that im too laid back, but then when i think about it, im so passionate about things like close friends i cant really understand that either.
As far as relationships go i think its mint when you see people that genuinely love each other (also in the friend sense) and theres never ever any of that petty, possessive shit. Going off Mike above id say he and Fi seem to have that, you two always look jolly as fuck :lol:
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:55 pm

Applecore is being played like a fucking fiddle, she doesn't give a shit, she's just findng it fucking hilarious having this bloke pining after her.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:09 pm

Finnvitka wrote:Applecore is being played like a fucking fiddle, she doesn't give a shit, she's just findng it fucking hilarious having this bloke pining after her.

You're such an insensitive cow. And don't start with the whole "truth hurts" milarky. There was no need to come out with that! Leave the lad alone! We don't all fall for the right people and the right time and it does bloody hurt, don't need people coming out with shit like that on top of it. You need to think before you post shit lady, cause one day it'll all come back and bite you on the arse.
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:12 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:There's a difference between being a nice guy and being a pushover.

I could add more, but basically this.

Ok, I'll add more. Some women, usually rampantly insecure ones, will play with your head like this because its a constant source of attention for them, and said rampant insecurity means they need positive attention on tap just to form any sort of basis for self-worth.

She might not be like this Applecore, this is just my view on it. It would tally up though if her boyfriend is as much of a twat as you're saying.

As much as I appreciate its sometimes hard to extricate yourself from a given relationship, if she was going to leave him for you she would have done it by now. She's messing with your head and it's really the best thing for you to just move on properly and stop feeding her apparent attention habit.

Hope things get easier :)
Last edited by Littlemissmetal on Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:18 pm

MentalInfestation wrote:
Finnvitka wrote:Applecore is being played like a fucking fiddle, she doesn't give a shit, she's just findng it fucking hilarious having this bloke pining after her.

You're such an insensitive cow. And don't start with the whole "truth hurts" milarky. There was no need to come out with that! Leave the lad alone! We don't all fall for the right people and the right time and it does bloody hurt, don't need people coming out with shit like that on top of it. You need to think before you post shit lady, cause one day it'll all come back and bite you on the arse.

What, because saying "aww bless, it'll be alright" is SO much better. Cos you know what? That just gives people a false hope that maybe, one day, this girl'll see how amazing they are. This girl is OBVIOUSLY playing him like a fucking fool, and the sooner he realises this the sooner he can get on with his life and find someone who isn't a complete dick.

Being insensitive has nothing to do with it,
tumblr|facebook

ImageImageImage

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:24 pm

Finnvitka wrote:
MentalInfestation wrote:

What, because saying "aww bless, it'll be alright" is SO much better. Cos you know what? That just gives people a false hope that maybe, one day, this girl'll see how amazing they are. This girl is OBVIOUSLY playing him like a fucking fool, and the sooner he realises this the sooner he can get on with his life and find someone who isn't a complete dick.

Ever heard of moderation? Yes it's likely she doesn't havea huge interest in him, but she clearly at least has a bit of interest in him to spend that much time with him, and as much as I agree false hope is a bad thing, "she's finding it fucking hilarious having a bloke pining over her" is just as untrue
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:26 pm

believe me, it might as well be called the "Amy school of relationship thought".

I KNOW it's what she's doing, because it's what I do.
tumblr|facebook

ImageImageImage

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:27 pm

Finnvitka wrote:
MentalInfestation wrote:

I think you'll find most people have tried to show some support and have said he needs to find a way to move on, but it's not that easy if you actually have emotions and care about other people other than just yourself. But what you've said is totally insensitive. Think he doesn't feel bad enough without you sticking your oar in? THINK BEFORE YOU POST!