The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Moonburp
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Moonburp » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:48 pm

Fjar wrote:I have no idea how you'd work the magic, but I think you'll be aware of whether she's keen or not - fake 'customer mode' chat (e.g. "Wow, it's busy on Monday mornings in here" "Oh yeaaah, it's always like this, haha!!") and it's a no-go, but if she comes across as natural and genuine, you're in. Just remember she's paid to be friendly and upbeat to you. Like a part time coffee scented hooker.

That's the thing that I'm wary of. I get free drink and chats quite often. I'm scared I'm becoming the kind of customer I used to view with pity D:

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:59 pm

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:11 pm

A friend of mine recently just had the same situation where he fancied a girl who worked at the nearby Sainsburies, he asked someone else who worked there what her name was and then stalked her down on facebook.
They have been on 3 dates now!

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:34 pm

My former housemate got very annoyed when this African exchange student who always chatted to her on the tills in Tesco got her number off her supervisor. I took her side until she pointed him out to me in the street one day and I couldn't believe she was pulling the "scared of black guys" card. The man was fucking handsome as shit and his dad owned a diamond mine or something so he was clearly loaded. I tried to convince to go on a date with him but she still wouldn't.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:24 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:and his dad owned a diamond mine...

Did he look like that?
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:16 pm

Was messaging the recent ex on whatsapp, mentioned just chatting a little at the rocksoc weekly social (as we haven't been talking lately) and mentioned it also helps make everyone else feel less uncomfortable (we have a couple of mutual friend groups), she accused me of being manipulative and untrustworthy (in direct relation to me saying that) and blocked me from whatsapp :(

It's like she's deliberately trying to hurt me as much as possible

It's hard that somebody I thought really liked me would deliberately be so horrible after all I've ever done against her is be a bit over clingy at times because I was losing her

She seems to intentionally twist everything I say into the most horrible possible thing I could've meant when I had the exact opposite intent behind the words

I know at this point it'd make sense to just cut losses and leave it but it's hard to move on when someone I respected so much has developed such a twisted and horrible view of who I am :-/
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:35 pm

That sucks, I imagine it'd really hurt. The obvious thing to say is to move on because she sounds like a dick but I know it's really not that easy.

In other news, got me a boyfriend! Kind of anyway, we haven't labeled it as that yet but we are seeing each other exclusively.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:39 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:That sucks, I imagine it'd really hurt. The obvious thing to say is to move on because she sounds like a dick but I know it's really not that easy.

In other news, got me a boyfriend! Kind of anyway, we haven't labeled it as that yet because we are seeing each other exclusively.

Thing is she's not a dick, she never acted dickish when we were together and even afterwards at first, but lately she seems to have formed an image of what I'm like (which doesn't fit me at all by anyone's view but hers) and is twisting everything I say or do to fit that image, especially as one negative thing about her when we were together was a bit of stubborness, and it seems like she's doing it to confirm her opinion rather than having to rethink it.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Danroush wrote:Was messaging the recent ex on whatsapp, mentioned just chatting a little at the rocksoc weekly social (as we haven't been talking lately) and mentioned it also helps make everyone else feel less uncomfortable (we have a couple of mutual friend groups), she accused me of being manipulative and untrustworthy (in direct relation to me saying that) and blocked me from whatsapp :(

She could be worried about how things are going to pan out with your mutual friends, so from her perspective that could come across as you trying to leverage things to get what you want.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:39 pm

metalsam wrote:
Danroush wrote:Was messaging the recent ex on whatsapp, mentioned just chatting a little at the rocksoc weekly social (as we haven't been talking lately) and mentioned it also helps make everyone else feel less uncomfortable (we have a couple of mutual friend groups), she accused me of being manipulative and untrustworthy (in direct relation to me saying that) and blocked me from whatsapp :(

She could be worried about how things are going to pan out with your mutual friends, so from her perspective that could come across as you trying to leverage things to get what you want.

I've realised what she thought I meant, but it seems pretty twisted to go straight for that possible meaning of what I said instead of the obvious reason of not wanting to make our friends feel uncomfortable around us.

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:43 pm

People tend to act without thinking things through!

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:50 pm

It sounds to me like she's feeling guilty about stuff and is trying to push you away so she doesn't have to deal with that guilt.
I've done it myself, not consciously, but yeah, it's pretty shameful.

And ooh Annabell, tell us more! :D

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:04 pm

Hamdir said exactly what I was thinking. It's what it sounds like to me.

Also MANNABELS GETTING THE PEEN. WOOOOOOOOOO!
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:07 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:In other news, got me a boyfriend! Kind of anyway, we haven't labeled it as that yet but we are seeing each other exclusively.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:19 pm

Erm...he's sexy? Despite being ginger?