The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
*red*
Leather Rebel

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby *red* » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:36 am

Xzar wrote:I like relationships that are serious, else I don't see the point in wasting all that time and effort.

I agree.
Well I like to get to that point rather than guys I meet saying "I am not looking for a relationship" and then not even try to get to know me before deciding that.

They immeditely sign you off as not suitable for more and just sex.
It bugs me so much- I value myself more than that, yet I get punished for it. Makes me think what is the point in having values and self esteme if all men want is a gal that gives out.

Maybe that is why I have been single for 2 years. I just hate no strings sex. It's not me.

Starting to wonder if it is just me though- do I scare people into not wanting more- or are just all the guys I meet whores wanting easy sex?

ummm

Where are all the genuine guys?
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

Melvyn
Consort of the Beast

Postby Melvyn » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:58 pm

Zancan wrote:I don't understand what too serious is, why did you feel like you were 'married'? XD You have to be serious to an extent otherwise, what's the point? May as well call her your fuck buddy and have done with it ;)

We're serious, but not to the extent we were before. I mean propper serious butt, its hard to explain but im happier now than i ever was :D

hairyscarymark
Consort of the Beast

Postby hairyscarymark » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:04 pm

*red* wrote:Starting to wonder if it is just me though- do I scare people into not wanting more- or are just all the guys I meet whores wanting easy sex?

The truth is nearer the last part of that.

*red* wrote:ummm

Where are all the genuine guys?

I think you look for them in the wrong places and need to get a better bullshit detector so you know who to avoid, sooner on.

Also, it's just one of these things. You will have no obvious worthwhile interest for ages then about 3 people will come along at once, all appearing fairly good choices.

You should look somewhere else, such as national trust sites, bring and buy sales, local tabletop games/rpg group or something that differs from your usual approach.

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:22 pm

Red, if you want a good guy, get one with crippling social problems. He might drool a bit and always wear brown, but he'll probably at least be civil.

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:37 pm

Xzar wrote:Red, if you want a good guy, get one with crippling social problems. He might drool a bit and always wear brown, but he'll probably at least be civil.

good idea.........in that case, are you single? :lol:
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

Zancan
Warrior of Metal

Postby Zancan » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:39 pm

Melvyn wrote:
Zancan wrote:I don't understand what too serious is, why did you feel like you were 'married'? XD You have to be serious to an extent otherwise, what's the point? May as well call her your fuck buddy and have done with it ;)

We're serious, but not to the extent we were before. I mean propper serious butt, its hard to explain but im happier now than i ever was :D

Seems very hard to explain, cause I'm none the wiser, I digress XD

hey immeditely sign you off as not suitable for more and just sex.
It bugs me so much- I value myself more than that, yet I get punished for it.

Why is it a punishment? You're avoiding them. It would be punishment to date a guy like that, not to have to turn him away.

Melvyn
Consort of the Beast

Postby Melvyn » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:10 pm

*red* wrote:
Xzar wrote:Red, if you want a good guy, get one with crippling social problems. He might drool a bit and always wear brown, but he'll probably at least be civil.

good idea.........in that case, are you single? :lol:

HAWWWW!

you got BURNED

Zancan
Warrior of Metal

Postby Zancan » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:29 pm

Shut the fuck up Melvyn.

Melvyn
Consort of the Beast

Postby Melvyn » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:38 pm

Zancan wrote:Shut the fuck up Melvyn.

Wow now, calm down, i was jesting at what Red said, there was no need for that.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:29 pm

I don't wear brown, Sam.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:29 am

jackcake wrote:

I don't wear brown, Sam.

I've also seen you without the drool bucket a couple of times as well, Steve. :P
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

ultralisk
Consort of the Beast

Postby ultralisk » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:41 pm

there is a girl at work who i really really really like. i think she is the most beautiful girl i've seen in my entire life, she's bubbly, sensible, has a good sense of humour and her smile always mesmerise and spellbinds me and melts me like the sun melts the ice during spring. whenever i see her, her aura just ive me this sort of happiness, sort of bliss that eliminates my tiredness from work. i know its chessy but its true!!!

atm we are work friends, we talk sometimes during lunch. i accompany her to her bus stop and wait with her for her bus. i always try to talk to her, crack a joke here and there and just try to make her smile. however, im scared of asking her out :( got phobia of being dumped by girls i liked before. and i do very very stupid things to girls i like when i say my feelings to them. i dont want to take the risk of asking her then get dumped then not being friends anymore. but my feelings for her keeps getting stronger everyday. i also dont know if she would like me :(
i dont know really. im emotionally confused. i have never been serious with my feelings for girl like this before. never had a girlfriend in my life. never really understands girls :? so here i am, asking you guys to comment and give personal opinions and what not. please. :(
IMMORTAL, BORKNAGAR and GOJIRA for 09!!!

ultralisk
Consort of the Beast

Postby ultralisk » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:44 pm

Azrael~Azure wrote:Yeah that picture does make it seem like you're a woman, haha. It's like a home taken sort of photo...

she's maria ozawa. she's hot thats why she's my primary photo :D i'll change my photo soon :)
IMMORTAL, BORKNAGAR and GOJIRA for 09!!!

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:21 pm

ultralisk - Why don't you ask her out somewhere, meet for a drink or something and see how it goes from there? If its going well then make a move. If shes not interested in that way then just say ok thats fine, and I'm sure you'll still be friends and still chat at work as before. Just be confident but cautious i.e. be cautious it might not work out, but confident enough to give it a shot. Worrying it'll all go horribly wrong won't help. You're not gonna find out if she likes you by not trying.

Not that I'm an expert, I don't exactly pull the lads lol

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:05 pm

ive crumbled under pressure from friends and registered on MSE.....

will se how it goes
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson