The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Zancan
Warrior of Metal

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Zancan » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:07 am

Azrael~Azure wrote:
Zancan wrote:
and do things for the good of themselves.

Only they sometimes don't.

Yet how can you prove that humans are not 'evil'?

You, erm, serious?

I'll prove it; I'm not evil :yes:

You can spend thousands of hours boiling everything down to eventually find that somewhere in there the act of kindness was still for the good of the person doing it.

E.g. Giving money to charity - Makes the giver feel good about themselves and lures people to believe they are selfless.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong in it at all, you're all probably getting the wrong idea. I'm just trying to say it's human nature. So when people wonder why some things happen a certain way in a relationship they can look back on say this perspective, and perhaps others and gain more sensible answers.

And perhaps 'evil' was a strong term to use. I'll just stick to twisted and flawed. :lol:

I think you're right that there are a lot of total twats out there, maybe every one to one degree or another. If you remove 'evil' from the equation and just say 'twatishness' then yeah, every one's a bit of a dick.

Lures people in? Isn't it a selfless act? It is what it is, you do it for the sake of charity, if you're doing it to make yourself feel better then surely, even to yourself, your intentions are good? You make it sound like people give to charity as a way of proving they're not souless :P You can't be covering up selfishness by doing something selfless and enjoying it at the same time - that means you're not selfish. One or the other!

I also think you're wrong about actions on the whole, I do believe that some can be selfless. In the sense that even when you do boil it down, what you've done for some one else is of greater benefit for them. However, benefits are subjective. Is the money I give to charity better than the emotional lift I get from giving it? Can go either way, and in turn, so can whether an action is evil or not. :)

Melvyn
Consort of the Beast

Postby Melvyn » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:36 pm

I told her everything, everything i felt and more, now shes disappeared and wont answer my calls.

Am i buggered?

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm

Melvyn wrote:I told her everything, everything i felt and more, now shes disappeared and wont answer my calls.

Am i buggered?

This means she's not worth persuing.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:56 pm

Melvyn wrote:I told her everything, everything i felt and more, now shes disappeared and wont answer my calls.

Am i buggered?

Hearts are never synchronised; one person always moves faster than the other. If she doesn't respond in over a week then just delete her and move on and take comfort in the fact you're better than her and she's not worth it.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Melvyn
Consort of the Beast

Postby Melvyn » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:17 am

Finally got on the blower to her, tryed to resolve some things. Still havent reached a decision yet though. I love her to bits but if im not happy no matter what, whats can i do?

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:52 am

Well, why will you be unhappy with her? If you're going to be unhappy no matter what, it's not fair on her to have you be unhappy in a relationship with her, because then she thinks/knows she can't make you happy. Misery does like company, but misery is an asshole who needs to be shut in a room until he sorts himself the fuck out.

I've never told anyone I loved them, because I've never been in love so I wouldn't know about all that nonsense. For I am dead inside.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:54 am

Twaddlefish wrote:I've never told anyone I loved them, because I've never been in love so I wouldn't know about all that nonsense. For I am dead inside.

You don't have to tell them anyway. You know when someone loves you. I had never fallen in love until I was 39. I thought I had been in my teens & 20s but when it actually happened I realised it hadn't happened before! The person in question has never told me he loved me ... but he does. You just know. For me it's not important to hear the words; it's all in that he does.

Zancan
Warrior of Metal

Postby Zancan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:19 pm

I love her to bits but if im not happy no matter what, whats can i do?

How can you love her and be unhappy with her? Maybe you don't love her, mate. Not really.

Elric
Warrior of Metal

Postby Elric » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:59 pm

I like someone alot and I saw her last Saturday but i'm not sure what's going to happen :(

hairyscarymark
Consort of the Beast

Postby hairyscarymark » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:25 pm

Or maybe Melvyn just has his eye on me.

Melvyn
Consort of the Beast

Postby Melvyn » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:11 pm

hairyscarymark wrote:Or maybe Melvyn just has his eye on me.

As always ;)

Basically everythings sorted now, we're starting afresh. Our problem was we became too serious too early on in both our relationship and our lives. Im a young adult, i shouldnt be tied down, and neither should she. We're still together but this is for fun, love and caring, at the end of that day thats all i want. Not to think im married at a young age

Zancan
Warrior of Metal

Postby Zancan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:37 pm

We're still together but this is for fun, love and caring, at the end of that day thats all i want. Not to think im married at a young age

I don't understand what too serious is, why did you feel like you were 'married'? XD You have to be serious to an extent otherwise, what's the point? May as well call her your fuck buddy and have done with it ;)

Azrael~Azure
Consort of the Beast

Postby Azrael~Azure » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:46 pm

Zancan wrote:
We're still together but this is for fun, love and caring, at the end of that day thats all i want. Not to think im married at a young age

I don't understand what too serious is, why did you feel like you were 'married'? XD You have to be serious to an extent otherwise, what's the point? May as well call her your fuck buddy and have done with it ;)

erm...not eveyone lives for the sole purpose of getting married you know.
(Insanity) is not hubris, not pride; it is inflation of the ego to its ultimate - confusion between him who worships and that which is worshipped. Man has not eaten God; God has eaten man.

Zancan
Warrior of Metal

Postby Zancan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:50 pm

erm...not eveyone lives for the sole purpose of getting married you know.

I know, that's why I said 'to an extent' :yes:

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:00 pm

I like relationships that are serious, else I don't see the point in wasting all that time and effort.