The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
PhilMow
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby PhilMow » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:18 pm

:lol:

Pete Wentz.
Forgot his name. Had to google that :lol:
Festivals
MetallicA's Big Day Out 99
Ozzfest 01
Download 07
Rock Am Ring 08
Bloodstock 09,10,11,12,13,14,15
Hammerfest 13, 14, 15
Temples 14

Damnation 15[/size]

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:23 pm

I swear everyone I know is getting engaged at the moment. After being in relationships for like no months as well.

Urisk
Consort of the Beast

Postby Urisk » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Well. Sent her a message. While she's not online. Gives her a chace to pretend not to have seen it :lol:

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:36 pm

My best mate, arguably a man whose approval I seek because I have such low self esteem I need the approval of my peers 8) , has just had a go at me because I've not tried internet dating. :lol:

All because I told him that I do, at times, feel a bit lonely and shit and whilst I am fine being single I would like the companionship. He asked me why I haven't bothered before which is fair enough.

Told me to let him know when I do have a date lined up, so he and my other close mates can watch from afar to make sure they're not stabby mental which again is fair enough.

Seems like no-one bar myself has found a single reason not to give it a try. Probably says something about my self esteem really.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Urisk
Consort of the Beast

Postby Urisk » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Nah, I've wondered about it before but always stayed away.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:01 pm

I've thought about it, but then they go and say "oh, if you want to actually talk to anyone then you'll have to give us some money. It's only a tenner a month! But, y'know, pay 6 months up front..".
What gets me is that I could say "fine, here's half of my week's wages" but there's no guarantee that the girl(s) I message have paid. So they'll then get the "you have a new message, but pay us if you want to read it" e-mails that drive me nuts.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Date went almost perfectly, talked non-stop for four hours and kissed at the end.

The coffee at the joint sucked though, god damn it Alex! :P

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:14 pm

I have a mate who often puts up whining Facebook updates and whines in normal conversation about not being about to find someone. So being the friend that I am, I offered to take him to Thailand to find him a wife. He got a bit upset.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Womble wrote:Date went almost perfectly, talked non-stop for four hours and kissed at the end.

:yes:
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:23 pm

tranmerefan wrote:My best mate, arguably a man whose approval I seek because I have such low self esteem I need the approval of my peers 8) , has just had a go at me because I've not tried internet dating. :lol:

All because I told him that I do, at times, feel a bit lonely and shit and whilst I am fine being single I would like the companionship. He asked me why I haven't bothered before which is fair enough.

Told me to let him know when I do have a date lined up, so he and my other close mates can watch from afar to make sure they're not stabby mental which again is fair enough.

Seems like no-one bar myself has found a single reason not to give it a try. Probably says something about my self esteem really.

It's never an idea I've been comfortable with either so you're not alone. Which I suppose is a little odd given that Alex and I met through the internet in the first place - but that was through chatting on here and both attending the festival so it's in a much more controlled setting than throwing it wide open on a dating site.

Congrats Ben :yes:
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Humperdink
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Humperdink » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:29 pm

The whole idea of internet dating is all very odd to me. Nothing wrong with it in the slightest, just not for me.

Anyhoo, date last night was a mixture of good and strange.

We got accosted by three very drunk strangers at the pub, who by all means we were having a good chat with all night, but did mean that we didn't really get a whole lot of alone time, so I'm slightly unsure how I feel about him. If I'm not sure how I feel, theres no reason not to meet up again, yeah? :?
Yes. I probably love Opeth more than you do.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:36 pm

If you want to see where/how things go then definitely meet up again, but maybe in a more one-to-one scenario - dinner, for example? If you're not fussed, then still meet up and if he's interested, he'll pay - free food! Win-win, really..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Cowbacca
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cowbacca » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Applecore wrote:I've thought about it, but then they go and say "oh, if you want to actually talk to anyone then you'll have to give us some money. It's only a tenner a month! But, y'know, pay 6 months up front..".
What gets me is that I could say "fine, here's half of my week's wages" but there's no guarantee that the girl(s) I message have paid. So they'll then get the "you have a new message, but pay us if you want to read it" e-mails that drive me nuts.

OKCupid is completely free, all you can get for paying is the ability to stalk people better, I think.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Cowbacca wrote:
Applecore wrote:I've thought about it, but then they go and say "oh, if you want to actually talk to anyone then you'll have to give us some money. It's only a tenner a month! But, y'know, pay 6 months up front..".

OKCupid is completely free, all you can get for paying is the ability to stalk people better, I think.

May look into that one then.. Cheers!
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Humperdink wrote:The whole idea of internet dating is all very odd to me. Nothing wrong with it in the slightest, just not for me.

Anyhoo, date last night was a mixture of good and strange.

We got accosted by three very drunk strangers at the pub, who by all means we were having a good chat with all night, but did mean that we didn't really get a whole lot of alone time, so I'm slightly unsure how I feel about him. If I'm not sure how I feel, theres no reason not to meet up again, yeah? :?

I'd say give it another go, maybe not in a pub though, and in the day? That way less chance of getting accosted by randoms, more chance to talk to eachother! :)
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.