The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
clare-l
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby clare-l » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:02 pm

toria-georgia wrote:My boyfriend and i were mates before we got together. I'd go to his house quite often, so luckily for me i already knew his parents!

I think whats more nerve-wrecking is when your perents meet your boyfriend.."Do they like him? Do they like him?"! :lol:

Answer: yup!

Yes, but when you don't live with your parents it's a different situation, right?

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:07 pm

I think I have a girlfriend.

How did that happen!?
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

raremens
Consort of the Beast

Postby raremens » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:26 pm

how do you not know for sure? :?

HollyTheHeadbanger
Denim Demon

Postby HollyTheHeadbanger » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:45 pm

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:26 pm

raremens wrote:how do you not know for sure? :?

A bit surer today!
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

raremens
Consort of the Beast

Postby raremens » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:48 pm

Hope thats a good sure!! :D

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:07 am

I literally give up, i've sacrificed so much, and hurt a few people all for someone who REALLY wasn't worth the effort. What a fucking waste of the last year of my life. I just hope Karma isn't too harsh on me.

Trappy666
Leather Rebel

Postby Trappy666 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:20 pm

herzeleid wrote:I literally give up, i've sacrificed so much, and hurt a few people all for someone who REALLY wasn't worth the effort. What a fucking waste of the last year of my life. I just hope Karma isn't too harsh on me.

Dude I did the same thing last year! I gave up and without even looking for another relationship I found someone that I couldn't be happier with if I tried!

I left my ex-wife (who I'd been with for 8 years) and a lot of people hated me (and still do) for it. The person I got with after my ex was quite a head fuck, wasn't worth the time of day that I gave her and wasted to much time trying and thinking I was happy when in fact I was so down because I didn't love my ex-wife anymore that I started drinking soo much and taking soo many drugs I didn't know what day of the week it was.

Hopefully Karma will be kind to you?
findmeinthemosh wrote:Trap and his dumb probably drunken abuse

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:19 pm

Trappy666 wrote:
herzeleid wrote:I literally give up, i've sacrificed so much, and hurt a few people all for someone who REALLY wasn't worth the effort. What a fucking waste of the last year of my life. I just hope Karma isn't too harsh on me.

Dude I did the same thing last year! I gave up and without even looking for another relationship I found someone that I couldn't be happier with if I tried!

GAH!!! :x Why does anyone ever think saying that even helps? It just makes the other person feel like even more of a failure. Well damn it people - this has to end.

Don't listen to him Sam - don't expect anything to be different because that way you cannot be disappointed. I've spent the last 2 years thinking things would be different and all I got was epic disappointment. I have now accepted things as they are and i'm much happier! Live for yourself, for your own reasons - you don't need anyone except for some good friends who you can have a laugh with.

/rant and happy new year!
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

raremens
Consort of the Beast

Postby raremens » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:57 pm

Its true at the end of the day if you got friends, then your deffenitly better off. Bf/gf come and go with alot of drama. Friends are always there and you can always have a fun time with them :D

HollyTheHeadbanger
Denim Demon

Postby HollyTheHeadbanger » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:07 pm

I'm happy alone in singledom to be honest.
I have never been one to bother with relationships, in fact I've only had one which ended recently. I don't really regret it either, I mean it was fun and stuff while it lasted, just a shame he turned out to be a lying wee cunt with no balls (and to be honest if you're reading this and know who you are, good on you. ;) Protip: Don't fuck me about).

You get all these teenagers whining about being single, like a boyfriend or girlfriend is a damn neccessity, it's like I'm the only one who thinks otherwise. Maybe I'm a cold-hearted bitch in that sense, but quite frankly, not searching has kept me happy. Here 'searching' for someone to be with for me would be like trying to find a needle in a fucking massive haystack. It just ain't happening, so I shan't bother myself about it. If something happens for me then it happens.

Trappy666
Leather Rebel

Postby Trappy666 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:18 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:
Trappy666 wrote:

GAH!!! :x Why does anyone ever think saying that even helps? It just makes the other person feel like even more of a failure. Well damn it people - this has to end.

Don't listen to him Sam - don't expect anything to be different because that way you cannot be disappointed. I've spent the last 2 years thinking things would be different and all I got was epic disappointment. I have now accepted things as they are and i'm much happier! Live for yourself, for your own reasons - you don't need anyone except for some good friends who you can have a laugh with.

/rant and happy new year!

I love the rant Hannah! I agree with what you say but also things can happen when your not looking for anything!!

Am I not allowed to offer some advice?
findmeinthemosh wrote:Trap and his dumb probably drunken abuse

raremens
Consort of the Beast

Postby raremens » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:19 pm

HollyTheHeadbanger wrote:I'm happy alone in singledom to be honest.
I have never been one to bother with relationships, in fact I've only had one which ended recently. I don't really regret it either, I mean it was fun and stuff while it lasted, just a shame he turned out to be a lying wee cunt with no balls (and to be honest if you're reading this and know who you are, good on you. ;) Protip: Don't fuck me about).

You get all these teenagers whining about being single, like a boyfriend or girlfriend is a damn neccessity, it's like I'm the only one who thinks otherwise. Maybe I'm a cold-hearted bitch in that sense, but quite frankly, not searching has kept me happy. Here 'searching' for someone to be with for me would be like trying to find a needle in a fucking massive haystack. It just ain't happening, so I shan't bother myself about it. If something happens for me then it happens.

Honestly being single rocks. but i find it so hard. I have tried though its soo much more stressfull with guys going: Why wont you date me etc etc etc then whinning, getting upset and then just slagging me off saying i wont get anywhere in life because of who i am, all because i dont want a relationship. Also having my life threatened, knives pulled on me and being stalked, its horrible.
in a relationship now and he makes me happy as we connect creativly, though i dread the day when i break up with. im hopeing he wont turn into a phycopath like the rest.

see friends better!!! fuck buddies good too, untill they break the rules and then its stressfull again

Jakkake
Leather Rebel

Postby Jakkake » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:30 pm

HollyTheHeadbanger wrote:Image

Hahahaa!!!! :D

CaptainTripps
Consort of the Beast

Postby CaptainTripps » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:41 am

^
I need me some of that, I've been using Night Nurse since the credit crunch and it just doesn't have the same effect.