The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Metal_Moses
Paster of Muppets

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Metal_Moses » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:56 pm

Dont you just hate the fact all your friends are happily in relationships and your not, and whenever your with them you kinda feel awquard becuase it seems like your tagging along, or interputting time where they could be spending it together alone. :/ annoying.

:flame:
How I needed you, how I grieve now you're gone, in my dreams I see you, i awake so alone.

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:01 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

HollyTheHeadbanger
Denim Demon

Postby HollyTheHeadbanger » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:05 pm

Yeah, I got that when two of my friends were going out with each other. We'd all go Manchester, I'd get ignored, and I'd generally feel like a burden. I don't even know if they realised how awful they actually made me feel, I mean I know it was the first relationship for both of them and all (albeit, after I turned down the guy a while before o_O) but they didn't seem to give a shit. Though, I can't really say I complained or anything, I just kept quiet about that. Meh. Did wonders for my self esteem, come to think of it. :/

I decided to not bother going most of the time, after a while. Trailing around Manchester getting ignored and basically feeling like a waste of space isn't something I particularly enjoyed.

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:25 pm

we tend to go to quite alot of festivals and gigs with a good friend of ours, It has never been a problem for us. An onlooker would have trouble trying to identify any sort of relationship, they would just assume it was 3 mates hanging out.

:D
Last edited by Ndnd on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:14 pm

I don't think I've ever been out with friends in a couple and been left out or ignored, its always just been normal group friendliness.

If couples want to be alone then they shouldn't invite people. Simple as.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:29 pm

I've never had the whole "third wheel" thing. Mostly because the only couple I go out with on a regular basis, she's better friends with me than her bloke anyway, and he's happy enough to go sit in a corner with his other mates with a pint.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Metallinen
Paster of Muppets

Postby Metallinen » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:45 pm

enemywithin wrote:the guy i really really like's best friend asked me out today.. felt bad so i said yes, planning to break it off asap.. found out about ten minutes after i said yes that the guy i really really like was planning on asking me out.. fucking gutted

I thought you said no! You cretin.

You better have given him that chinese burn today like I told you to.

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:09 pm

been married for 9 years in march. 8)

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:35 pm

Metal_Moses wrote:Dont you just hate the fact all your friends are happily in relationships and your not, and whenever your with them you kinda feel awquard becuase it seems like your tagging along, or interputting time where they could be spending it together alone. :/ annoying.

not really had that but then again when I've gone out with couples, by the end of the night its ended up being me and the other single person(s) and the couples buggered off so maybe more people are needed... If I go out with a group and my boyf, I don't particularly wanna just hang about with him, we can do that when we're alone, so we just act like we would if we we're with a group of mates rather than being attached at the hip like some other couples are with each other. In fact if its his mates then I'm the bloody tag along half the time! Sometimes you prefer hanging out with your mates than them avoid you or feel too awkward hanging around you cos you've got your bloke attached at the hip, I prefer being just me in them situations

Metal_Moses
Paster of Muppets

Postby Metal_Moses » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:35 pm

Its weird cause in my whole group of friends im with on a regular basis, they all have GF apart from 1 other person, and im still good friends with theyre girl friends as were kinda like 1 big group, so its not that i feel left out as such, i just personally feel bad that im there with them all.

How I needed you, how I grieve now you're gone, in my dreams I see you, i awake so alone.

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:59 am

Well, I'm a merry Freyja indeed! :)

with regards to the whole 3rd wheeler thing.. I cant bear that. I had a best friend at school.. he got a gf.... used to hang out with them at lunch times, theyd spend the whole time making out and basically ignoring me. needless to say, he's not my best friend any more. and i hate her for getting in the way of our friendship >_<
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets

Postby i_am_a_viking » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:57 am

north sea storm wrote:been married for 9 years in march. 8)

:rock:
We raise our wooden pints and we yoik and sing and we fight and dance til the morning!

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:18 am

This morning I received a phone call from a gorgeous ex-girlfriend who called 'out-of-the- blue' to see if I was still around. We lost track of time, chatting about the wild, romantic times we used to enjoy together.!!

Couldn't believe it when she asked if I'd be interested in meeting up and rekindling a little of that 'old magic.' I was flabbergasted. ? 'I don't know if I could keep pace with you now,' I said, 'I'm a bit older and a bit greyer and balder than when you last saw me. Plus I don't really have the energy I used to have.'

She just giggled and said she was sure I would 'rise to the challenge'

'Yeah.' I said. 'Just so long as you don't mind a man with a waistline that's a few inches wider these days! Not to mention my lack of muscle tone...stuff sagging, my teeth not as white and jowls like a Great Dane!

She laughed and told me to stop being so silly.? She teased me, saying that tubby, grey-haired, older men were cute, and she was sure I would still be a great lover.

Then she giggled,? 'I've put on quite a bit of weight myself!'

So I told her to f*ck off.
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

MikeA
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby MikeA » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:59 pm

Freyja wrote:Well, I'm a merry Freyja indeed! :)

with regards to the whole 3rd wheeler thing.. I cant bear that. I had a best friend at school.. he got a gf.... used to hang out with them at lunch times, theyd spend the whole time making out and basically ignoring me. needless to say, he's not my best friend any more. and i hate her for getting in the way of our friendship >_<

Urgh. What a horrible thing to say. While Im sure the getting ignored part was unpleasent why do you hate her for making him happy. You should be pelased he has found someone to spend his life with.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:11 pm

lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:This morning I received a phone call from a gorgeous ex-girlfriend who called 'out-of-the- blue' to see if I was still around. We lost track of time, chatting about the wild, romantic times we used to enjoy together.!!

Couldn't believe it when she asked if I'd be interested in meeting up and rekindling a little of that 'old magic.' I was flabbergasted. ? 'I don't know if I could keep pace with you now,' I said, 'I'm a bit older and a bit greyer and balder than when you last saw me. Plus I don't really have the energy I used to have.'

She just giggled and said she was sure I would 'rise to the challenge'

'Yeah.' I said. 'Just so long as you don't mind a man with a waistline that's a few inches wider these days! Not to mention my lack of muscle tone...stuff sagging, my teeth not as white and jowls like a Great Dane!

She laughed and told me to stop being so silly.? She teased me, saying that tubby, grey-haired, older men were cute, and she was sure I would still be a great lover.

Then she giggled,? 'I've put on quite a bit of weight myself!'

So I told her to f*ck off.

You are my idol.