The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby angel_of_death » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:10 pm

Urinal2001 wrote:Why am i not in that photo?

Why is it so blurry?

Why is the flag-pole so inappropriatly tall?

Sundays are so confusing.... :(

Is that not you next to Busby?

flo
Consort of the Beast

Postby flo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:41 pm

He isn't aggressive at all, but with flag poles when pissed he is haha :lol:
I had a vision of my car getting an interesting dent from his antics - and no thats my friend next to busby, called beardy.
Leeds Festival: 08, 09, 10, 11
Download: 09, 10, 11, 12
Sonisphere: 09, 10, 11, 14
Bloodstock: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Hammerfest: 12, 13
Beermageddon: 12, 13, 14
Hellfest: 13
Damnation: 10, 11, 12, 13
Wacken: 14

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:59 pm

Pfft! There's only one Beardy :P :lol:

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:37 pm

flo wrote:He isn't aggressive at all, but with flag poles when pissed he is haha :lol:
I had a vision of my car getting an interesting dent from his antics - and no thats my friend next to busby, called beardy.

Beardy Dan? I thought it may be him, but I wasn't sure if he was there or not...and I could only see the goggles, and your hair hides the beard!

Urinal2001
Consort of the Beast

Postby Urinal2001 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:21 pm

Yet another example of how even when a circle of friends is spread across an entire country, everyone with similar tastes knows everyone else.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:50 pm

Jesus this almost dropped off the first page! :o

Anyway, not massively important but more just a little bit of venting:

In a proper relationship after 2 years, really like the girl, just absolutely terrified of scaring her off/smothering her. I mean it's still pretty much honeymoon phase atm anyway, but after my only other relationship involving me causing the girl to feel a bit smothered I'm constantly worrying about doing the same, especially as this girl goes out a lot and I really don't want to make her feel like I'm stopping her from seeing her friends as much. Luckily it's not too bad as we have mutual friends and are both in Rocksoc, but the worry is still there.

bleh, inb4 quit moaning at least you have someone etc, I've already admitted it's essentially just a bit of a vent.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:53 pm

It's a valid concern, and you're both going to stepon each others toes a little as you get to know each other in that reletionship sort of way. Just keep talking and make sure she knows not to be afraid to tell you if you are being a bit too much for her so you can back off a little - communication is good!

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:59 pm

thehairyone wrote: communication is good!

This. So many problems get solved by just talking about it, and it genuinely baffles me why people are often afraid to talk about things.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:11 pm

thehairyone wrote:It's a valid concern, and you're both going to stepon each others toes a little as you get to know each other in that reletionship sort of way. Just keep talking and make sure she knows not to be afraid to tell you if you are being a bit too much for her so you can back off a little - communication is good!

Thanks, yeah I mean that's what I intend to do as much as possible, just at the same time if you're always trying to have serious talks about things it can (slightly) create a similar effect
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Urinal2001
Consort of the Beast

Postby Urinal2001 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:05 am

Ive always been a smotherer for want of a better word. And far too honest at times. Going into a relationship and always being very upfront about "i really want kids and a family" far too soon has always scuppered things, as well as typical "zomfg i love you!!!" after WAY to short a time. I learnt to back off things like that after a lot of hurt in a lot of relationships, and it made things a lot smoother, but i always felt like i was hiding my true feelings about stuff, and that was just as much of a hinderance. The key really is to find a balance between the two ends of the spectrum; to be honest about who you are and what you want in life, but to also not to blast her in the face with all that stuff right away. Its difficult to get right (which totally isnt what you want to hear) but it is the only way to let you both work out where the relationship is going.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:14 am

Kids?! Back away, not today, disco laydeh

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:20 am

thehairyone wrote: communication is good!

Werd

Urinal2001
Consort of the Beast

Postby Urinal2001 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:20 pm

herzeleid wrote:Kids?! Back away, not today, disco laydeh

Well exactly, lol. Sent a lot of good women running for the hills with that little gem.

In my defense though, id make a kick ass dad. :D

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:31 pm

The only way that blurting out stuff about love and futures is definitely ok is when the other person feels exactly the same. And ultimately if both people can't see eye-to-eye on things like that (y'know, those crucial, fundamental, long-term things) then it doesn't look good for the future anyway. Fun in the short term, but with an expiration date.

In short, you're not necessarily wrong for saying those things in a relationship, if you truly mean them. Just don't say them within a couple of weeks before you've had a chance to find out how you feel. That's creepy-territory.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:08 pm

FJAR I LOVE YOU AND I WANT TO HAVE YOUR SCISSOR BABIES

:eyes:
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.