The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Fjar
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Fjar » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:10 pm

Omg, congrats!!!
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:15 pm

25 and unmarried? Woaah old, blates something wrong with her, be careful.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:38 pm

Practically a spinster.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:37 am

Jobdone wrote:Just got an email stating:

"Kareena, 25, 5ft 5in

IT employee

Love movies, books, dancing, painting, and calligraphy

Could be your life partner. Meet Kareena at SimplyMarry.com, the only Indian Matrimonial site where it's free to exchange contact details."

Looks like I've got a date for Valentines.

A date, on the 14th?! You've changed man.

This is now a Valentines Evening thread. Post what you will be doing on Friday evening! Me? I will be breeding Slowpoke's on Pokemon X and sending them all over the Wonder Trade. They shall all be named 'Merry X-mas'

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:45 am

I shall be spending it the same way I spend every Friday, drunk and alone, but with the added bonus of posting funny/bitter image macros on facebook.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:49 am

Probably ill at this rate, ideally playing Resident Evil. To be honest though, I don't want a date on Valentine's - adds an extra unneeded pressure as far as I'm concerned.

On a vaguely related topic, I signed up to OkCupid recently after a few friends recommended it. Weird question, but what's like the etiquette for going on dates with multiple people? I have a couple lined up, but I don't want it to seem like I'm "playing the field" as the kids call it. Having said that, I've cancelled on this one lass twice now due to being sick, so I'd be surprised if she doesn't tell me to do one.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:09 pm

My Surface tablet is arriving so I will be playing with that.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:10 pm

We're taking a new flat on Friday. One of the oddest valentines dates I've done.

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:16 pm

Smindas wrote:Probably ill at this rate, ideally playing Resident Evil. To be honest though, I don't want a date on Valentine's - adds an extra unneeded pressure as far as I'm concerned.

On a vaguely related topic, I signed up to OkCupid recently after a few friends recommended it. Weird question, but what's like the etiquette for going on dates with multiple people? I have a couple lined up, but I don't want it to seem like I'm "playing the field" as the kids call it. Having said that, I've cancelled on this one lass twice now due to being sick, so I'd be surprised if she doesn't tell me to do one.

I had a date cancel once because she got arrested :lol:

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:17 pm

House of Cards series 2 is released on Netflix and it's the first Eesti Laul semifinal. I'm sorted.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:19 pm

Sam, I'm pretty sure that's normal.
In fact that's what dating actually is. The metro told me the other day that in America you go out on dates with several people until you're going on third and fourth dates with the same person and then you pick that one for a relationship.

British culture dictates you should get off drunkenly with someone in the pub, go round theirs and watch tv for a couple of weeks and then bam, relationship.
I think America's way is better :lol:

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:22 pm

If I went on a date with someone who told me they were seeing 3 other people that week, I'd be so offended I'd leave straight away!

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:25 pm

metalsam wrote:I had a date cancel once because she got arrested :lol:
Amazing.
Nantha wrote:Sam, I'm pretty sure that's normal.
In fact that's what dating actually is. The metro told me the other day that in America you go out on dates with several people until you're going on third and fourth dates with the same person and then you pick that one for a relationship.

British culture dictates you should get off drunkenly with someone in the pub, go round theirs and watch tv for a couple of weeks and then bam, relationship.
I think America's way is better :lol:
Yeah, I'm very much used to the British way. Thinking about it, not sure I've ever done a proper "date" before. It's a bit weird.
metalsam wrote:If I went on a date with someone who told me they were seeing 3 other people that week, I'd be so offended I'd leave straight away!
Not three, just one... good thing you're not one of them, eh Sam? ;P

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:29 pm

For the first time ever I'm going on the proper cliché dressed up dinner date to some posho resturaunt.
I'm not in a relationship with this guy but we've been seeing each other, so am I supposed to buy a card/present still? :?

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:47 pm

Nantha wrote:For the first time ever I'm going on the proper cliché dressed up dinner date to some posho resturaunt.
I'm not in a relationship with this guy but we've been seeing each other, so am I supposed to buy a card/present still? :?

Nah, I wouldn't worry too much about it.