The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Applecore » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:07 pm

In b4 pooper.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

flo
Consort of the Beast

Postby flo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Moonburp wrote:Met a girl the other night and we seemed to hit it off, talking about Mean Girls, The Smiths and Power Metal.

Not sure how to follow it up though.

I've had a legit hald an hour phone call with Morrissey.
Still a prick.

Also I'd hate to admit I've done it more out of relationships than in. It's just a human need (oh god this sounds awful). I've been totally comfortable and known the guys I've been doing it with, and we've been on the same level, so its not been an issue/slaggy or whatever :lol:
Leeds Festival: 08, 09, 10, 11
Download: 09, 10, 11, 12
Sonisphere: 09, 10, 11, 14
Bloodstock: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Hammerfest: 12, 13
Beermageddon: 12, 13, 14
Hellfest: 13
Damnation: 10, 11, 12, 13
Wacken: 14

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:40 pm

flo wrote:
Moonburp wrote:Met a girl the other night and we seemed to hit it off, talking about Mean Girls, The Smiths and Power Metal.

Not sure how to follow it up though.

I've had a legit hald an hour phone call with Morrissey.
Still a prick.

Also I'd hate to admit I've done it more out of relationships than in. It's just a human need (oh god this sounds awful). I've been totally comfortable and known the guys I've been doing it with, and we've been on the same level, so its not been an issue/slaggy or whatever :lol:

Morrissey's a prick, but I love The Smiths. It's a conflicting problem.

I've never had a one night stand. I was meant to have one, but it kind of morphed into a year long relationship :P

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:16 pm

I would like to give my meaningful, well thought out, valuable and interesting contribution to this debate:

I quite like sex.

Thank you for considering my point of view.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:11 pm

So I got the "can we just stay mates, I've got too much going in my life to handle a relationship" speech FML

Urinal2001
Consort of the Beast

Postby Urinal2001 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:20 pm

Irelevant now, as i am now (or will soon be, depending on how you look at it) duty bound to never have sex with friends again, but maybe you could all weigh in on a discussion that ive had with friends before and always splits a room right down the middle.... if you start getting it on with a friend, but while sat inside said female friend decides that its too weird, does that count as someone you have had sex with? Always used to come up in conversations with friends when discussing how many people you have slept with, and i used to answer "9 and a half" and then had to explain the half.

malicious_bloke
Consort of the Beast

Postby malicious_bloke » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Noodle wrote:I quite like sex.

Thank you for considering my point of view.

Have you ever tried this as a pickup line? Oddly I think it may be quite effective in some parts of the world...
There's no 'I' in snuffly

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:23 pm

Urinal2001 wrote:but while sat inside said female friend

Do you mean you get your end in and before there's a chance to get jiggy, she decides "Wait, no"? That's so specific. :lol: But yeah, it counts as sex. Just really, really bad sex.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

flo
Consort of the Beast

Postby flo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Urinal2001 wrote:Irelevant now, as i am now (or will soon be, depending on how you look at it) duty bound to never have sex with friends again, but maybe you could all weigh in on a discussion that ive had with friends before and always splits a room right down the middle.... if you start getting it on with a friend, but while sat inside said female friend decides that its too weird, does that count as someone you have had sex with? Always used to come up in conversations with friends when discussing how many people you have slept with, and i used to answer "9 and a half" and then had to explain the half.

YOU NEVER EXPLAINED THAT HALF TO ME PHIL, now I know.
I swear we had this discussion in the badgers nest?
We know each other/each others friends to have this as a discussion on the internet phil :lol:
I'm pretty sure our erm 'group' has a nice spider diagram of hookups.

Urinal2001
Consort of the Beast

Postby Urinal2001 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Haha, well i was trying to avoid the "well i was balls deep in this chick before she decided it was a bad idea" kind of phrase, but yes, thats exactly what i meant, lol.

And yes, really really bad sex indeed. It all started from one of those "oh yeah, you can crash at my house and we can share a bed without anything sexual happening, we're friends, its fine" type of situations. Those things unfortunatly (fortunatly?) always end with someone getting sticky. Unless there is talk of badgers involved, then its fine it seems, lol.

flo
Consort of the Beast

Postby flo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:52 pm

Do badgers live in nests? Sets? Caves? Oh god I'm laughing thinking about it now.

At least the girl decided it was a bad idea, as the voices of reason amongst the sexes ( minus me). If a guy decided it was a bad idea halfway through I don't think I'd want to continue to live due to the shame/ awkwardness.

Oh phil, I wonder where 3 litres of cider on the Wednesday night will take me this year.

p.s. thanks for the wedding invite :D I am excited to purchase a dress :D

Urinal2001
Consort of the Beast

Postby Urinal2001 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:01 pm

Holy crap, have you got it already?! Only posted it late last night.

Ive done some horrible things where sex is involved, but ive never stopped halfway through! REALISED halfway through that it was a terrible idea a time or two.... but always saw it through to the end! lol.

For anyone who doesnt know me, i must stress im a far better person now. This was all back in my 'difficult period' as my mom would put it, lol.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Applecore wrote:I know you can, but like Kane, I don't like the idea of doing it outside of a relationship.
I did it once, and it made things weird between us (but that's mostly because of gossipy cunts at work), but I've already discussed that in another thread.

To be honest, for me, I think it's just a case of I wish I had a girlfriend, instead of I wish I could get my knob wet. I know I could probably achieve either of those if I made an effort and put myself out there a bit more, but I can be a bit socially awkward/shy, and to be honest, I have no money, so I wouldn't even really be able to take a girl out on a date :lol:

It all depends on the situation. When it comes to sex outside relationships there's a whole range of different situations that can occur: one night stands, friends with benefits, open relationship etc. Most people aren't comfortable with at least one of those, but may be comfortable with one of the others upon giving it a try. I'm not keen on one night stands but don't mind the other situations as much, some people would be the reverse. My one main piece of advice would be to not assume you wouldn't be okay with something like this when you haven't tried it yet, as if I'd said "open relationship" to Ellen and Becky from the start I'm almost entirely sure I'd have got 2 big fat "no"s, but because of the timing and letting things evolve naturally it ended up working for all of us.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Firstly, congrats Dan you magnificent bastard!

Secondly, I had a drunk girl on the bus asking me if I wanted to go back to hers and, I quote, "fuck the shit out of her."

I'm not sure if she meant just a really rough shag or was having constipation issues and though sex would help her out because, y'know, dick acts like a laxative.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Me being complimented on the forum?

Oh god I feel an apocalypse coming on... :lol:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1