The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon
Posts: 14065
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm
Location: Solihull, WM.
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Turbo » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:46 am

I need to carry on the family name. Its come from 1044, I cannot self terminate it.



I don't do requests.

User avatar
Ensorcelled
Denim Demon
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Ensorcelled » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:49 am

Turbo wrote:I need to carry on the family name. Its come from 1044, I cannot self terminate it.



I don't do requests.


Pretty much the same boat I'm in, except my surname is a little more common. :P
Image

User avatar
fluffymoo
Denim Demon
Posts: 4260
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:26 pm
Location: Your heart

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby fluffymoo » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:22 am

I'm too busy to have kids, and it's a bit difficult anyway what with the whole long distance thing! Right now I simply want to start the process of slowly moving into Rich's place, get a job, and just have fun. I'm not even sure if I want spawns of my own or not.
Image

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Fjar » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:11 am

My cousin (my mum's sister's son) had twins recently, so my mum's seen her sister become a grandma.. so all over Christmas she was making puppy eyes at me saying "I want to be a grandma" :lol:

The more I think about it, I'd quite like to be independent for my whole adult life, just me and James, and just replace kids with cats. I know that's like the polar opposite of what I've been like for over a year. :lol: Kids dictate the path of your life to such an extent - I really like the freedom we have atm to do what we want with our money and fuck off on holiday whenever we want. A kid would take all that away.

But I do love kids. Maybe I'll change my mind again in a couple of years.
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Jobdone » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:23 am

I want kids eventually so I can live vicariously through them and enter them into beauty pagents and force them to train athletics for 16 hours a day, and then they'll hate me, but on my deathbed realise I just wanted to make them be all they could be, and they'll see how successful they are compared to what I was and they'll feel all guilty and shit and when the nurse comes in like "Your children are coming to see you Mr. Garner, won't that be nice?", I'll pull the plug on myself and hope I rigor mortis my hand into a middle finger and let them forever live the regret and pain and possibly therapy.
Image

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10591
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Noodle » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:15 am

My kids would be bullied to the point that they would want to just destroy humanity, but lack the intelligence, money and sense to be able to do so. They would either take and interest in violent looking action figures that they can paint, dragons, swords, metal and creepy facial hair, or become chavvy.

I would die disappointed in them.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
Podgie.
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2801
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:35 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Podgie. » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:36 am

I definitely want little forest dwelling children one day.

Nantha wrote:I only want a kid if it looks like this:
Image


And I wouldn't mind if they looked like her!

User avatar
Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:03 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Purple n Batty » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:39 am

Noodle wrote:My kids would be bullied to the point that they would want to just destroy humanity, but lack the intelligence, money and sense to be able to do so. They would either take and interest in violent looking action figures that they can paint, dragons, swords, metal and creepy facial hair, or become chavvy.

I would die disappointed in them.


No, they will be fine - they shall be excellent 3rd generation morris dancers, we shall give them no choice. (On second thoughts, morris dancers and being fine don't really go do they? - There's no hope :lol: )
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10591
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Noodle » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:43 am

Having kids is not on my agenda. I'm bad enough trying to look after pets for a few hours, and looking after myself feels like an ongoing mensa test. Seriously, it would be cruel to give them life in the first place.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Fjar » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:30 pm

Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon
Posts: 12243
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Hellfast, Northern Fireland

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:15 pm

The ginger gene always skips a generation in my family so there's no hope of my wee'uns being all cute and ginger like that. I think that's actually one of the reasons I don't want any know as much as I did when I was 17/18 :lol:
Image
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

User avatar
thehairyone
Denim Demon
Posts: 5423
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:19 pm
Location: The badger sett
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby thehairyone » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:54 pm

Children. Urgh.
Image

Image
Image

User avatar
TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon
Posts: 4237
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:59 pm

thehairyone wrote:Children. Urgh.

This.

Sometimes I see a baby and think it's cute, but then I see a snotty whiny toddler/small child which reminds me what they turn into and completely puts me off again.

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Danroush » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:
Turbo wrote:I need to carry on the family name. Its come from 1044, I cannot self terminate it.



I don't do requests.


Pretty much the same boat I'm in, except my surname is a little more common. :P



I'm literally the only person in the world who can carry on my surname. There are other Roshannafas....es? (no idea of the plural for the name) :lol: but due to a transliteration error there are no other Roushannafas...es than me, my dad, and my sister
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

User avatar
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon
Posts: 12243
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Hellfast, Northern Fireland

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:21 pm

Danroush wrote:
Ensorcelled wrote:
Turbo wrote:I need to carry on the family name. Its come from 1044, I cannot self terminate it.



I don't do requests.


Pretty much the same boat I'm in, except my surname is a little more common. :P



I'm literally the only person in the world who can carry on my surname. There are other Roshannafas....es? (no idea of the plural for the name) :lol: but due to a transliteration error there are no other Roushannafas...es than me, my dad, and my sister


Roushannafai maybe?
Image
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire