The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
PurpleJellyfish
Definitely Not Nu

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby PurpleJellyfish » Fri May 16, 2008 9:54 pm

Missing all teh cuddles =(

And the singing of cheesy metal in the car.

lol

Zancan
Warrior of Metal

Postby Zancan » Fri May 16, 2008 10:06 pm

One by one they're all settling down while I gave up ages ago. Fantastic. :(

Dude, you're only 25.

Azrael~Azure
Consort of the Beast

Postby Azrael~Azure » Mon May 19, 2008 8:22 pm

jackcake wrote:
jello wrote:I'm only mentioning this because she contacted me the other day and I ended up talking to her for an hour.

My first kiss four years ago sent me a friend request through Facebook last week. It turns out she's married with a kid now. Somebody I went out with for a month in 2005 had a daughter a few months ago and my first proper girlfriend, who I've never got over, is with someone else now. One by one they're all settling down while I gave up ages ago. Fantastic. :(

Why would you be worried about not settling down at 25?
You're normal, your friends probably aren't in this situation. :)

I'm so tried of people and their 'relationships'. I know so many married couples that secretly lust after (or no so secretly) other people and end up being in a relationship they despise. There's entirely no point to that, why can't people just be happy with who they are 'til they really find a half decent match and not just a fleeting 'lust' interest? And no body give me any of this 'perfect match' he/she's the one crap because it doesn't exist; like Santa he doesn't exist.
If he did I'd make sure he didn't. :guns:

*end angry rant* :rolleyes: :eyes:

P.S. don't listen to my opinions :P
(Insanity) is not hubris, not pride; it is inflation of the ego to its ultimate - confusion between him who worships and that which is worshipped. Man has not eaten God; God has eaten man.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Azrael~Azure wrote:Why would you be worried about not settling down at 25?
You're normal, your friends probably aren't in this situation. :)

That didn't come out right at all, I was trying to avoid posting anything before that marriage thing set me off again. :rolleyes: I can't get a clear thought out on the subject really but I gave up on relationships when the last one ended and knowing all these people in my past are happier without me around... I don't know. Meh.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Blissy
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Blissy » Mon May 19, 2008 11:03 pm

one of my cloest mates is having complete marriage breakdown. Most awful to witness. My relationship however, is awesome.

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Tue May 20, 2008 8:51 am

Talking to a good mate of mine on saturday about love, life and orgies....and we were talking about how we have both been single for ages and although we love the freedom we still worry why no-one is interested.
Anyway he then turned to me and said "I know loads of guys that like you but are too scared to talk to you. They are intimidated by your beauty and fear rejection"

After I laughed for about 5 minutes as I am not beautiful. it got me thinking. It must be hard for a guy as in society they are the one expected to make the first move. I know that is not always the case as I have made a few first moves myself, but generally men are expected too.
I have seem many good men put down by annoying up-them-selves gals and as my mate told me this destroys your confidence.

Ok as lick mars said on another post we have to deal with leary drunken idiots sometimes who do not listen to NO and all the nice decent men are too scared to do anything.
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

moongoosedani
Consort of the Beast

Postby moongoosedani » Tue May 20, 2008 11:57 am

*red* wrote:Talking to a good mate of mine on saturday about love, life and orgies....and we were talking about how we have both been single for ages and although we love the freedom we still worry why no-one is interested.
Anyway he then turned to me and said "I know loads of guys that like you but are too scared to talk to you. They are intimidated by your beauty and fear rejection"

After I laughed for about 5 minutes as I am not beautiful. it got me thinking. It must be hard for a guy as in society they are the one expected to make the first move. I know that is not always the case as I have made a few first moves myself, but generally men are expected too.
I have seem many good men put down by annoying up-them-selves gals and as my mate told me this destroys your confidence.

Ok as lick mars said on another post we have to deal with leary drunken idiots sometimes who do not listen to NO and all the nice decent men are too scared to do anything.

I agree, my confidence has been shot, and I find it hard to make the first move. Which sucks cos I know im a nice guy, and Id make someones life better. But its hard to judge how someone will react to an advance if you dont know them! :(
Arrrr. To be a good follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, ye should drink much meade and surround yerself with as many buxom wenches as possible.

Azrael~Azure
Consort of the Beast

Postby Azrael~Azure » Tue May 20, 2008 4:48 pm

moongoosedani wrote:
*red* wrote:Talking to a good mate of mine on saturday about love, life and orgies....and we were talking about how we have both been single for ages and although we love the freedom we still worry why no-one is interested.

I agree, my confidence has been shot, and I find it hard to make the first move. Which sucks cos I know im a nice guy, and Id make someones life better. But its hard to judge how someone will react to an advance if you dont know them! :(

Just sit them down with a nice pint of ale.
Works for me. :D haha.
(Insanity) is not hubris, not pride; it is inflation of the ego to its ultimate - confusion between him who worships and that which is worshipped. Man has not eaten God; God has eaten man.

Harry
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Harry » Tue May 20, 2008 5:14 pm

*red* wrote: "I know loads of guys that like you but are too scared to talk to you. They are intimidated by your beauty and fear rejection"

Eyyyup, sort of like me, can't get up the gumption to ask her out because we work at the same place, wish I'd see her out on the town after I'd had a few pints.

Azrael~Azure
Consort of the Beast

Postby Azrael~Azure » Tue May 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Harry wrote:
*red* wrote: "I know loads of guys that like you but are too scared to talk to you. They are intimidated by your beauty and fear rejection"

Eyyyup, sort of like me, can't get up the gumption to ask her out because we work at the same place, wish I'd see her out on the town after I'd had a few pints.

Most women don't appreciate a man coming onto them whilst under the influence.
For me, I think it's much nicer to find someone outgoing and confident enough to just ask it without any 'aid', heh.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue May 20, 2008 8:34 pm

Harry wrote:

Go into work drunk then :lol: :lol:

Anyyyyyyyway...I love life because i'm in love!! Hoooray!!!!
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Harry
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Harry » Tue May 20, 2008 11:13 pm

Azrael~Azure wrote:
Harry wrote:

Most women don't appreciate a man coming onto them whilst under the influence.
For me, I think it's much nicer to find someone outgoing and confident enough to just ask it without any 'aid', heh.

I've built up a larger tolerance than previously, recently, just means I'd rather have the wherewithall to say in, 'n stuff.

I got myself proper riled up and ready for this past Monday, then fell like a damp squib. Here's hoping for Thursday... :lol:

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Wed May 21, 2008 9:29 am

Rules of women, according to QC:

1. If you think a cute girl likes you, you are wrong.
2. Rule 1 is void when a girl confirms that she thinks said cute girl likes you.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Zancan
Warrior of Metal

Postby Zancan » Wed May 21, 2008 3:29 pm

What if you think an ugly girl likes you? Can any one verify that?

What to say about relationships, hmmm, glad to be free of my ex. Glad to say I don't care about him, and to say I don't care if I ever see him again - I have no desire to. Have hereby cut him out of my life completely, just like everybody else. :eyes:

:D

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Wed May 21, 2008 3:42 pm

Just found out that the gal who had a crush on me is now single and my mates are trying to set us up...........ummmmmmmm

what would my mother say?? (insert profanities here)
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough