The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead
Posts: 5748
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:14 pm
Location: Hartlepool

Postby Lisa McNally » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:14 am

Xzar wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:
andeh wrote:*sigh* my problem is I really don't think I'm getting anywhere with this girl, I think we've just been friends too long. Jimminy Christ-piss its been going on like this for fucking months :x


Once, you're in friends town, there's no going back...


That's bollocks to be honest, the best relationships I've ever seen came straight from 'friends town' :lol:


Absolutely! :D

Rob Bannister
Festival Compere
Posts: 2469
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:04 pm
Location: Chesterfield
Contact:

Postby Rob Bannister » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:41 am

dragonmaiden wrote:
Xzar wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:
andeh wrote:*sigh* my problem is I really don't think I'm getting anywhere with this girl, I think we've just been friends too long. Jimminy Christ-piss its been going on like this for fucking months :x


Once, you're in friends town, there's no going back...


That's bollocks to be honest, the best relationships I've ever seen came straight from 'friends town' :lol:


Absolutely! :D


Agreed
The mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the earth!

andeh
Denim Demon
Posts: 3096
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby andeh » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:19 am

Ha, well I did speak to her last night, and nothing is going to come of it :(

MetalTeam_Luci
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:35 am
Contact:

Postby MetalTeam_Luci » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:04 am

I've been with my boyfriend Dave for 2 1/2 years now and it's going great. We were friends for nearly a year before we started going out and I think it can work out better if you're friends first.

User avatar
Disbeliever
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Wakefield

Postby Disbeliever » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:08 am

The Warlord wrote:I really can't be bothered with the whole psycho bitch routine so iv'e told her to fuck off and blocked her from contacting me on msn, myspace and my phone :D


Good on you young man! ;)
Nowhere, but to the black shores of Doom...

Ross
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2842
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:56 pm

Postby Ross » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:23 pm

^ What he said. Don't take any shit and don't settle for less. Compromise yeah but if you're on your knees for most of the time and the only happiness you get is FINALLY getting her to come around then its not for you anyway. Its a really poor misconception that blokes have to please women and snare them into going out with them, you don't.

Be yourself and get someone whos likely to last rather than square peg to round hole a relationship that will ultimately fail because by the time you get to know each other you hate each other.

P.S - Get a wash, brush your teeth and cut your hair :lol: :finger:

User avatar
Twaddlefish
Denim Demon
Posts: 8157
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:21 pm
Location: York, baby

Postby Twaddlefish » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:34 pm

impervious wrote:
dragonmaiden wrote:
Xzar wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:
andeh wrote:*sigh* my problem is I really don't think I'm getting anywhere with this girl, I think we've just been friends too long. Jimminy Christ-piss its been going on like this for fucking months :x


Once, you're in friends town, there's no going back...


That's bollocks to be honest, the best relationships I've ever seen came straight from 'friends town' :lol:


Absolutely! :D


Agreed


Hmm, in my experience I'd have to say otherwise; we had a mutual friend and were kind of friends...hell, I don't know...I need a drink.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.



Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

andeh
Denim Demon
Posts: 3096
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby andeh » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:05 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
impervious wrote:
dragonmaiden wrote:
Xzar wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:
andeh wrote:*sigh* my problem is I really don't think I'm getting anywhere with this girl, I think we've just been friends too long. Jimminy Christ-piss its been going on like this for fucking months :x


Once, you're in friends town, there's no going back...


That's bollocks to be honest, the best relationships I've ever seen came straight from 'friends town' :lol:


Absolutely! :D


Agreed


Hmm, in my experience I'd have to say otherwise; we had a mutual friend and were kind of friends...hell, I don't know...I need a drink.


I'll join you

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2887
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:32 pm
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Contact:

Postby angel_of_death » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:40 pm

What was a good, strong friendship a year ago is now awkward and difficult, to the point where if we weren't in a band together I don't think we'd ever even speak. :(

On the flipside, my first ex, with which I spent over 6 years with is still one of my closest friends!
Image

User avatar
jello
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Postby jello » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:27 pm

andeh wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:
impervious wrote:
dragonmaiden wrote:
Xzar wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:
andeh wrote:*sigh* my problem is I really don't think I'm getting anywhere with this girl, I think we've just been friends too long. Jimminy Christ-piss its been going on like this for fucking months :x


Once, you're in friends town, there's no going back...


That's bollocks to be honest, the best relationships I've ever seen came straight from 'friends town' :lol:


Absolutely! :D


Agreed



Hmm, in my experience I'd have to say otherwise; we had a mutual friend and were kind of friends...hell, I don't know...I need a drink.


I'll join you



Maliceuk and i have been together for quite a while now and still going strong.

were good mates for 10 years prior to that

It can work just needs the time/situation to be right

andeh
Denim Demon
Posts: 3096
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby andeh » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:15 pm

Cheers guys, you've put all this in a totally different light from what I thought was a complete cock-up on my behalf a few days ago, hopefully I'll just give her some time and see where she wants to take it :yes:

User avatar
PaulMaiden
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:47 pm
Location: Brighton
Contact:

Postby PaulMaiden » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:13 am

I'm hooked on one girl, I'm not interested in anyone else but her and she's like one of my closest friends. She ain't interested though, we already did that dance a while back and it didn't end well... lucky to have her as a friend I guess, but until I get away to uni, things aint gonna change :( Maybe not even then...

Group hug?

andeh
Denim Demon
Posts: 3096
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby andeh » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:10 pm

PaulMaiden wrote:I'm hooked on one girl, I'm not interested in anyone else but her and she's like one of my closest friends. She ain't interested though, we already did that dance a while back and it didn't end well... lucky to have her as a friend I guess, but until I get away to uni, things aint gonna change :( Maybe not even then...

Group hug?


Sounds like we're in the same boat man, or at least boats that look near identical...

User avatar
Dream Thief
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2379
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:29 pm
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact:

Postby Dream Thief » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:05 pm

andeh wrote:
PaulMaiden wrote:I'm hooked on one girl, I'm not interested in anyone else but her and she's like one of my closest friends. She ain't interested though, we already did that dance a while back and it didn't end well... lucky to have her as a friend I guess, but until I get away to uni, things aint gonna change :( Maybe not even then...

Group hug?


Sounds like we're in the same boat man, or at least boats that look near identical...


Hehe, I'm in a similar boat myself.

Different circumstances though. Long distance comes into play but there's also a language barrier. She's Japanese (albeit living in London) and she's still working on her English. I met her at Wacken last year and I think the problem is we became really close friends very quickly. I know that doesn't always matter and we have spoken about the whole situation but I just haven't a clue where things stand. We're virtually on best friend terms though...maybe anything else is just wishful thinking. Sometimes she seems really affectionate, other times not so. It's doing my fucking head in though!!
Go now brave warrior don't look back
the stars will guide you through the night
Image

User avatar
Sherry
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1590
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:18 pm
Location: Hull
Contact:

Postby Sherry » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:12 pm

Dream Thief wrote:
andeh wrote:
PaulMaiden wrote:I'm hooked on one girl, I'm not interested in anyone else but her and she's like one of my closest friends. She ain't interested though, we already did that dance a while back and it didn't end well... lucky to have her as a friend I guess, but until I get away to uni, things aint gonna change :( Maybe not even then...

Group hug?


Sounds like we're in the same boat man, or at least boats that look near identical...


Hehe, I'm in a similar boat myself.

Different circumstances though. Long distance comes into play but there's also a language barrier. She's Japanese (albeit living in London) and she's still working on her English. I met her at Wacken last year and I think the problem is we became really close friends very quickly. I know that doesn't always matter and we have spoken about the whole situation but I just haven't a clue where things stand. We're virtually on best friend terms though...maybe anything else is just wishful thinking. Sometimes she seems really affectionate, other times not so. It's doing my fucking head in though!!



For Goodness Sake Tell her !!!!

What do you have to lose??? :hug:
Image