The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:23 am

Danroush wrote:that's all I need to say. I don't personally feel bitter, but seriously you are waay to aggresive. As I've been saying for 3 pages now, and as everyone except you has realised, I don't feel bitter, I just mentioned that I would prefer to be in a relationship, and of course valentine's shoves it in your face more, just like for 3 months or so X-Factor was shoved in the face of anyone with a facebook with any x-factor watchers as friends every saturday/sunday night

The highlighted bit made me facepalm, ignore the rest of your post and think about buying you a dictionary.

If it bothers you that much, as I keep saying, man the fuck up and ignore it like I've always done.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:03 pm

Okay, so basically....
My best mate and my housemate has just got into a new relationship with someone and she's all in the honeymoon period, and its kinda pissing me off the way shes just abandoned me a bit, and Im having to sort out everything in the house, like getting the internet fixed ect cos she jets off to see his house every moment she can. Its basically the typical 'hoes before bro's' saga, but in the female sense... er dicks before chicks? i dunno...

SO yeah, were having a discussion in the kitchen about Valentines day. I made it a little clear I was a bit upset at being alone this year due to the brutal amount of shit my ex has put me through over the last few months. She asked me what I did, and I said we went for a meal at Garlic and Shots with him, and I mentioned that I can't really go back there for a long while because its all a bit painful and fresh ect because I always regarded that place as something really special to me. And then I said to her 'yeah If you're doing something with Ewan, don't go there yeah?' in a sort of jokey way, but you know still serious...

Guess where she's asked him to take her......

So I mean what, is this a 'lets rub it in Hamdir's face' thing or is she just really fucking insensitive or what? and do I have the right to be upset about it? or am I being silly? :(

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Hamdir wrote:Okay, so basically....
My best mate and my housemate has just got into a new relationship with someone and she's all in the honeymoon period, and its kinda pissing me off the way shes just abandoned me a bit, and Im having to sort out everything in the house, like getting the internet fixed ect cos she jets off to see his house every moment she can. Its basically the typical 'hoes before bro's' saga, but in the female sense... er dicks before chicks? i dunno...

SO yeah, were having a discussion in the kitchen about Valentines day. I made it a little clear I was a bit upset at being alone this year due to the brutal amount of shit my ex has put me through over the last few months. She asked me what I did, and I said we went for a meal at Garlic and Shots with him, and I mentioned that I can't really go back there for a long while because its all a bit painful and fresh ect because I always regarded that place as something really special to me. And then I said to her 'yeah If you're doing something with Ewan, don't go there yeah?' in a sort of jokey way, but you know still serious...

So I mean what, is this a 'lets rub it in Hamdir's face' thing or is she just really fucking insensitive or what? and do I have the right to be upset about it? or am I being silly? :(

No i think this is a you're hurt and everything related to relationships is making you miserable time, it should pass, but you're understandadably upset, you'll look back on this in a bit and probably laugh at it

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Might have been planned already maybe and she didn't want to tell you? There could be other explanations as to why she didn't say without being spiteful. Either way, you're right to be upset :( Last year my best mate ditched our plans that we had on Feb 13th so he could spend both days with his woman instead. That's why this year me and the girlfriend are going out with a bunch of friends instead of doing something together and it should be more fun that way.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Nah, she hadn't planned to go there before. She didn't even know they did food until I told her just then. Of all the resturaunts in London you could go to, she specifically chose one she never even knew existed until I mentioned it.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Hamdir wrote:Nah, she hadn't planned to go there before. She didn't even know they did food until I told her just then. Of all the resturaunts in London you could go to, she specifically chose one she never even knew existed until I mentioned it.

Jesus, it's not like she didn't have a choice or anything in London :| Probably best to talk it over I guess.

Humperdink
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Humperdink » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:39 pm

Moonburp wrote:
Hamdir wrote:Nah, she hadn't planned to go there before. She didn't even know they did food until I told her just then. Of all the resturaunts in London you could go to, she specifically chose one she never even knew existed until I mentioned it.

Jesus, it's not like she didn't have a choice or anything in London :| Probably best to talk it over I guess.

Yeah that is definitely odd, and uncalled for. I would be pretty annoyed to be honest. :?
Yes. I probably love Opeth more than you do.

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:42 pm

Metallinen wrote:Am I the only one who thinks valentine's day is worse when you're in a relationship?

Nope you're not. but I dislike it for non-Valentine's reasons, and the boyfriend is very obliging in not doing anything for it and letting me have my day of reflection in peace. Maybe someday I'll want to be spoiled for it whatever, but when you associate 14th February with something else you just don't feel like being selfish.

Smee
Leather Rebel

Postby Smee » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:02 pm

I kind of don't have a clue what's going on. Last Saturday I went out with a guy. He likes me, I like him. We spent pretty much all night teasing eachother and I asked him a thousand times if he really talked to a friend of mine about me (I have some major trust issues when it comes to men due to my last bf cheating on me), to which he replied he did. Night ended with him kissing me and when I asked what would happen next he said he'd take me to the movies asap.
I've sent him a few texts since then, one to explain I might have to move back to the Netherlands but he didn't reply to any of them and I don't want to stalk him so to say so don't have the guts to call him.
So I don't know whether we're in a relationship or not or if he actually meant it when he said he likes me. Because at the end of the day guys do tend to fuck me over as soon as they realise I have no self-esteem at all.
"Women have feelings. Without them, rape would be useless."

http://www.facebook.com/smeez0rz
http://www.last.fm/user/Smeez0rz

HollyTheHeadbanger
Denim Demon

Postby HollyTheHeadbanger » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:59 pm

To be honest I'd be pretty narked off if I was you because it is insensitive. Try talking to her about it I says. Ask her just -why- she's insisted they go there.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:04 pm

Smee wrote:I like a guy who I kissed but I have no stones, in both the metaphorical and biological sense.

Call him. NOW. Smee, read the first few posts that I made in this thread. I was moving country when I found a girl I really liked. We didn't have long together but it was a great time, and I've never regretted it. You WILL regret it, if you move and you don't see what could have been, or maybe end up in an LDR.

Edit: I just realised that Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday this year. Eeep!
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Smee
Leather Rebel

Postby Smee » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
Smee wrote:I like a guy who I kissed but I have no stones, in both the metaphorical and biological sense.

Call him. NOW. Smee, read the first few posts that I made in this thread. I was moving country when I found a girl I really liked. We didn't have long together but it was a great time, and I've never regretted it. You WILL regret it, if you move and you don't see what could have been, or maybe end up in an LDR.

Edit: I just realised that Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday this year. Eeep!

Well you see, I'd rather know if I can stay or not before I get involved in anything. 3 years ago when I still lived in NL I had a boyfriend in Sheffield. Didn't work. I could try it again but don't think it would work anyway.
Absolutely love living here and moving back will honestly destroy me, let alone knowing I'd have someone here who I'd want to see. Because obviously I'd try to come back as often as possible and I just can't do that as it will hurt too much knowing that I won't be able to stay if you know what I mean. I think I'll regret it more if it gets serious with this guy and we'll end up with 400 miles between us.
"Women have feelings. Without them, rape would be useless."

http://www.facebook.com/smeez0rz
http://www.last.fm/user/Smeez0rz

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Your choice, but in my experience you should only regret the things you didn't do.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:01 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:Your choice, but in my experience you should only regret the things you didn't do.

This. Definatly call him Smee.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:06 pm

Johnny Tightlips wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:Your choice, but in my experience you should only regret the things you didn't do.

This. Definatly call him Smee.

I wouldn't, that's almost certainly not his name.