The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Applecore » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:23 pm

It's fine for you to say all that, Amy, but you seem to have some success in this field. I rarely do, so I am doing what I want to do - that's making an effort to get a girlfriend. I'm sick of being single and sick of having feelings and doing nothing about them. Hence, messaging this girl.

And congrats Sami! 4 and a half years is ages, but it does fly by, doesn't it? Well, my longest relationship did, which was just over 2 years.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
HollyTheHeadbanger
Denim Demon
Posts: 4983
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:49 pm
Location: Glorious Lancashire.
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby HollyTheHeadbanger » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Manadh wrote:I'd be shit if I were single.


I'm probably all too good at being single. :lol:

User avatar
Finnvitka
Denim Demon
Posts: 15479
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: NCC-1701
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Finnvitka » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:34 pm

See, by actively chasing girls it usually doesnt actually dispose them to want to go out with you. We're mental like that.

I got my boy by being wasted on new years eve, turning to him at midnight and saying "hi random guy, have a new year's kiss".
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

User avatar
MotorAmarth
Denim Demon
Posts: 6435
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:25 pm
Location: St Helens/Swansea
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby MotorAmarth » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Manadh wrote:I'd be shit if I were single. I have no self confidence and have never ever attempted to chat someone up. I also have no idea if someone is trying to come onto me as I just think people are being nice :|
Good for you for texting* her Applecore, hope she replies soon and the response is favourable! :)

However, it's four and a half years on Friday for me and the boy. Bloody long time when you actually think about it!

*Edit: Facebooking her even :P


I've had no self confidence being single, but even more so in my last relationship before the one I'm in now
That's kind of sad really :/ That I was more confident being single than with someone who "cared" for me

And good for you guys at 4 and a half years! That's great :D
Image

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10591
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Noodle » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Finnvitka wrote:But its not actually a big deal. You think it is cos the whole world is all GET MARRIED, SETTLE DOWN blah blah blah but in all seriousness, do shit that makes you happy that doesn't revolve around bagging some hot piece of ass. Go out, get hobbies, meet people. Don't stress because you havent had sex in however fucking long, sex is massively over-rated most of the time anyway.


Please stop it with this deluded idea that you know exactly how everybody and everything works and that you're always right.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
MotorAmarth
Denim Demon
Posts: 6435
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:25 pm
Location: St Helens/Swansea
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby MotorAmarth » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:37 pm

:lol:
Image

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.

User avatar
Finnvitka
Denim Demon
Posts: 15479
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: NCC-1701
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Finnvitka » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:38 pm

Noodle wrote:
Finnvitka wrote:But its not actually a big deal. You think it is cos the whole world is all GET MARRIED, SETTLE DOWN blah blah blah but in all seriousness, do shit that makes you happy that doesn't revolve around bagging some hot piece of ass. Go out, get hobbies, meet people. Don't stress because you havent had sex in however fucking long, sex is massively over-rated most of the time anyway.


Please stop it with this deluded idea that you know exactly how everybody and everything works and that you're always right.


What, because you're obviously more clued up than I am?

You can't even stoop to referring to your girlfriend by her real name on the internet.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Jim » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Image
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10591
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Noodle » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Finnvitka wrote:
Noodle wrote:
Finnvitka wrote:But its not actually a big deal. You think it is cos the whole world is all GET MARRIED, SETTLE DOWN blah blah blah but in all seriousness, do shit that makes you happy that doesn't revolve around bagging some hot piece of ass. Go out, get hobbies, meet people. Don't stress because you havent had sex in however fucking long, sex is massively over-rated most of the time anyway.


Please stop it with this deluded idea that you know exactly how everybody and everything works and that you're always right.


What, because you're obviously more clued up than I am?

You can't even stoop to referring to your girlfriend by her real name on the internet.


I don't go around thinking that what I say is absolutely correct and heaven help anyone who disagrees.

And I do actually :rolleyes: I refer to her as Cookie because a) There's more than one Sam, b) because her forum name is... Cookie, and c) People identify her as.... Oh yes, you've guessed it... Cookie!
Last edited by Noodle on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
MotorAmarth
Denim Demon
Posts: 6435
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:25 pm
Location: St Helens/Swansea
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby MotorAmarth » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:41 pm

siliconfury wrote:Image


That's exactly what I thought :rofl:
Image

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10591
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Noodle » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:42 pm

siliconfury wrote:Image


:lol:

Nothing like a good ol' keyboard scrap
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
Cookie_
Denim Demon
Posts: 3326
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:49 pm
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Cookie_ » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Net beef :B
Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon
Posts: 7063
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:11 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Littlemissmetal » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:03 pm

Manadh wrote:
However, it's four and a half years on Friday for me and the boy. Bloody long time when you actually think about it!


Congrats, thats ages! :)

And nice one Applecore for texting - most girls aren't actually that mental and appreciate honesty from you.

Dear lord Finnvitka, do you ever stop?
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.



Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Applecore » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:08 pm

Again, facebook messaging ;) Texting would've got me a reply by now :P
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon
Posts: 7063
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:11 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Littlemissmetal » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:08 pm

Applecore wrote:Again, facebook messaging ;) Texting would've got me a reply by now :P


Haha, sorry :lol: the sentiment remains the same though! :)
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.



Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic