Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:44 am

GAME are selling a ton of games for dirt cheap, I got Bulletstorm and Bayonetta for three quid each. So yeah, I'd get some cheap games before they go into administration...

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:isnt it just another horde clone? or is there more to it? im not paying for an online pass so i wont be playing the multiplayer when i do get round to playing the game.

Well, I play PC so I don't spend more money on online play. I really like it, but not really done 3rd person co-op before...some of the new monsters are insane. Seriously, try it.

the online pass being 800 points really puts me off tbh. i'll wait and complete 2 again before i play it, maybe i'll want it then.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:04 pm

CrappyMike wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:isnt it just another horde clone? or is there more to it? im not paying for an online pass so i wont be playing the multiplayer when i do get round to playing the game.

Well, I play PC so I don't spend more money on online play. I really like it, but not really done 3rd person co-op before...some of the new monsters are insane. Seriously, try it.

the online pass being 800 points really puts me off tbh. i'll wait and complete 2 again before i play it, maybe i'll want it then.

800 points to play Horde mode? Fucking hate EA.

The Demo version of the multiplayer was fun though. You do have to fight off waves of crap but you also have objectives to complete in the meantime like disarming bombs or taking over areas or something. Which is a cool idea but overall the multiplayer just seemed to be there for fun and not something that would take away from the story mode.

I still want that game so hard though :(
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:13 pm

yeah its not essential.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:39 pm

CrappyMike wrote:yeah its not essential.

Absolutely not. But it's at least a neat bonus, no? Horde mode wasn't exactly essential in Gears Of War 2 but it turned out to be the most fun part of the game :)

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Even on Bronze, this is pretty damn hard. You need headsets to co-ordinate.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:yeah its not essential.

Absolutely not. But it's at least a neat bonus, no? Horde mode wasn't exactly essential in Gears Of War 2 but it turned out to be the most fun part of the game :)

oh yeah it could definitely be fun. i guess i still see mass effect as a single player series. to me its the definite highlight of most bioware games is the interaction with your squad and the choices you make, so im not too fussed about the multiplayer.

also, things just seem to get worse for game. as vizard amata said, they're selling games off really cheap. its not a closing down sale though, or at least they're not admitting its a closing down sale. got myself rainbow six vegas 2 and dirt 2 with my reward points though. they also seem to be adding a tenner to peoples trade ins, which i missed out on by a day :x

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:29 pm

Think you guys are confused, the online pass comes free with all new copies of the game. It's 800 if you buy it second hand.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:58 pm

im not buying it, im gonna play my brothers copy. normally i would pay for the online pass if i was buying it second hand, but if i want the DLC as well thats £20 spent on a game i dont have.

also, rainbow six vegas 2 is so much harder than i remember it being :x

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:00 pm

CrappyMike wrote:im not buying it, im gonna play my brothers copy. normally i would pay for the online pass if i was buying it second hand, but if i want the DLC as well thats £20 spent on a game i dont have.

1600 isn't quiiiite twenty quid, but I see your point.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:10 pm

The point is EA suck and Bioware shouldn't have allowed themselves to be screwed over so much. Were EA even with Bioware before ME2?

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm

herzeleid wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:im not buying it, im gonna play my brothers copy. normally i would pay for the online pass if i was buying it second hand, but if i want the DLC as well thats £20 spent on a game i dont have.

1600 isn't quiiiite twenty quid, but I see your point.

yeah my maths were off, its $20, only about £14 :lol: but still, its more than i want to pay for a game i dont expect to enjoy or play again.

although after looking this up, americans get points cheaper than we do. wtf?

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Americans always get video games cheaper than us, they get most things cheaper as a matter o'fact.

Looky
Warrior of Metal

Postby Looky » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:12 pm

I have a reason for the PC obsessives to come out of hiding. I need your help guys, after months of not being able to afford it thanks to constant purchasing of festivals I'm now going to start thinking about my new PC.

My budget is £500 but I'd rather it be closer to £400. Ideally things that will keep me going for a year or two but with the ability to improve over time.
Now, I'm clueless and have no real idea of where to start. All I want is something than can run FM and run Skyrim decently. The other games I'll be playing will be old as fuck games and Terraria.

Some of the things I've decided on but am willing to listen to suggestions are a i3 2100 for my CPU and maybe a 550 Ti for my graphics card. Although as this is one of the things I'll be upgrading first maybe something worse would be more suitable for the time being? Also 4gb RAM and 500gb for my HD. Motherboard and PSU I have no idea about.

Help away please.

herzeleid wrote:Americans always get video games cheaper than us, they get most things cheaper as a matter o'fact.

Except prostitutes.

1 ciggie for a top notch bird in the city of Liverpool.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:35 pm

^ Wait a little bit, Ivybridge processors come out next month, which should (hopefully) push down the price of Sandybridge processors.

I'm waiting for that to happen, then I'm planning on building a new PC myself.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson