Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:30 pm

Slightly revamped Jet Set Radio coming out for PSN, XBLA and Steam. Fuck yes. :D

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/33 ... re/?page=2

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Looky wrote:I have a reason for the PC obsessives to come out of hiding. I need your help guys, after months of not being able to afford it thanks to constant purchasing of festivals I'm now going to start thinking about my new PC.

My budget is £500 but I'd rather it be closer to £400. Ideally things that will keep me going for a year or two but with the ability to improve over time.
Now, I'm clueless and have no real idea of where to start. All I want is something than can run FM and run Skyrim decently. The other games I'll be playing will be old as fuck games and Terraria.

Some of the things I've decided on but am willing to listen to suggestions are a i3 2100 for my CPU and maybe a 550 Ti for my graphics card. Although as this is one of the things I'll be upgrading first maybe something worse would be more suitable for the time being? Also 4gb RAM and 500gb for my HD. Motherboard and PSU I have no idea about.

Help away please.

herzeleid wrote:Americans always get video games cheaper than us, they get most things cheaper as a matter o'fact.

Except prostitutes.

1 ciggie for a top notch bird in the city of Liverpool.

www.reddit.com/r/buildapc and www.pcpartpicker.com is what I used to throw my pc together recently. You can thank me later.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:39 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:The point is EA suck and Bioware shouldn't have allowed themselves to be screwed over so much. Were EA even with Bioware before ME2?

They acquired Bioware sometime towards the end of the development of Dragon Age and ME2. ME3 had been in production shortly after ME2's development was started, so they only game EA has fully been allowed to fuck up is DA2, which they did a pretty good job at.

Bear in mind, ANYTHING that doesn't come from Edmonton Bioware is not true Bioware. TOR in point.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

ollie123w
Leather Rebel

Postby ollie123w » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:56 pm

Looky wrote:I have a reason for the PC obsessives to come out of hiding. I need your help guys, after months of not being able to afford it thanks to constant purchasing of festivals I'm now going to start thinking about my new PC.

My budget is £500 but I'd rather it be closer to £400. Ideally things that will keep me going for a year or two but with the ability to improve over time.
Now, I'm clueless and have no real idea of where to start. All I want is something than can run FM and run Skyrim decently. The other games I'll be playing will be old as fuck games and Terraria.

Some of the things I've decided on but am willing to listen to suggestions are a i3 2100 for my CPU and maybe a 550 Ti for my graphics card. Although as this is one of the things I'll be upgrading first maybe something worse would be more suitable for the time being? Also 4gb RAM and 500gb for my HD. Motherboard and PSU I have no idea about.

Help away please.

herzeleid wrote:Americans always get video games cheaper than us, they get most things cheaper as a matter o'fact.

Hey man, sorry to sound like im trying to flog something; if your thinking of building it yourself, I have my old pc at home [in uni at the moment], its got 4gb ram, 500gb harddrive, with windows 7, a 3gb dual core processor and 512mb graphics card.

It's fine for running skyrim pretty reasonably and can handle crysis and the like too.

If your after any parts etc. send me a mail. Cheers

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:14 pm

VizardAmata wrote:Slightly revamped Jet Set Radio coming out for PSN, XBLA and Steam. Fuck yes. :D

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/33 ... re/?page=2

:yes:

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:45 pm

I said about JSR pages ago and nobody took any notice. This is just a damn popularity contest!

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:53 pm

I havent read the forum properly recently, so i've missed it, response would have been the same

Looky
Warrior of Metal

Postby Looky » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:10 pm

ollie123w wrote:Hey man, sorry to sound like im trying to flog something; if your thinking of building it yourself, I have my old pc at home [in uni at the moment], its got 4gb ram, 500gb harddrive, with windows 7, a 3gb dual core processor and 512mb graphics card.

It's fine for running skyrim pretty reasonably and can handle crysis and the like too.

If your after any parts etc. send me a mail. Cheers

I'm not someone who is against second hand things as I generally think they're a great way of getting something expensive for a lot cheaper (guitars for example) but this is something I'd rather get new. Sorry brah.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

ollie123w
Leather Rebel

Postby ollie123w » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:25 pm

thats fine chief, just thought i'd mention it if your looking to save cash. But if your after something new, have a look on www.meshcomputers.com, I picked up my new one there saved about £400/£500 in the winter sale, they may have something on over easteR?

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Overclockers is usually quite good for reasonably priced PC parts.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:29 pm

I've always been a scan/ebuyer man myself.

Looky
Warrior of Metal

Postby Looky » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:I've always been a scan/ebuyer man myself.

Whenever I put part into google and used the price comparrison thingy Overclockers always came out with the lower price. I only put in like 2 things, but still :P.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Playing ME3. Enjoying it a lot although I can't say that I'm used to having a small amount of squaddies with me, probably for the best though. I met a few from ME2 which has proven to be very interesting so far. Can't wait to get back to it.

One observation I did make about the game is that Kaidan has microscopic nipples. What the fuck is with that?
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:18 pm

you kept kaidan alive? i've played through ME1 about 4-5 times and every time i let him die cause i hate him :lol:

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:43 pm

CrappyMike wrote:you kept kaidan alive? i've played through ME1 about 4-5 times and every time i let him die cause i hate him :lol:

I hate Ashley slightly more and I always wanted to bang Liara. I'm still convinced people only play the Mass Effect games for all the alien poon.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!