Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Delightful-Jim » Wed May 22, 2013 11:24 am

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/x ... -dont-know

Ok, so I was thankfully wrong about some things. Your gamerscore and such will remain intact. But Xbox live gold will still be used.

You will also apparently be able to trade in games but it's all done digitally, and how that'll be achieved nobody knows yet.

As for the tv? Only applicable for the US on launch, with the rest of the world gradually being fitted in afterwards.

This thing is going to tank so fucking hard.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed May 22, 2013 11:36 am

Delightful-Jim wrote:Microsoft had these kind of complaints before, and their basic reply was "deal with it"

No. There was one guy at microsoft who said that and guess what? He doesnt work for microsoft since that comment.

all i keep hearing is misquotes and rumours, why cant people wait for real details to be released? I could make up the rumours that have been going around and people would still believe them!

EDIT: on trade ins, i think green man gaming do digital trade ins. Basically you'll be giving up your license. On 360 for any content you download (games, dlc@ movies etc) you get 2 licenses, the console license, which is tied to the console you originally purchase the content on unless you do a license transfer to a new console, and you profile license, which lets you redownload anything you've bought on any console. The difference is, any account can use your content on the console which has the console license, but if you download something on a new console only the profile that holds the license can play. Half the rumours are stupid because this is legal, you own the license to any games you play so you cannot be charged to play it elsewhere, but cant give it away to everyone which is why other people may have to play your content if you take it round to a friends house. It shouldnt be a case of not being able to play split screen as long aas the account that holds the license is signed in.
Last edited by CrappyMike on Wed May 22, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed May 22, 2013 11:38 am

They don't give a single shit at all about Japan either, clearly. They didn't even bother with the pleasant "Good morning, or good afternoon, good evening or good night, depending on where you are watching from"

All they seem to really care about is America, and that's why such a bitter taste is left in my mouth I think. It's basically America the console. I don't want to have to talk to myself to get the TV to turn on and start showing my stuff waving my arms about like an idiot. I'm perfectly content with the Remote control/clicker/buttons/whateveryoufeellikecallingit

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed May 22, 2013 11:39 am

The problem is SOME of the ideas are kinda cool.

It's just been presented in a retarded way.

Have the reveal at E3, get the games out, get people hyped for that THEN have your shitty PR buzzword stream telling everyone about the other shit it does.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Wed May 22, 2013 11:41 am

SIMPLE. INSTANT. COMPLETE. EXPERIENCE. CONTENT. MEANINGLESS BUZZWORDS.

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Wed May 22, 2013 11:48 am

CrappyMike wrote:
Delightful-Jim wrote:Microsoft had these kind of complaints before, and their basic reply was "deal with it"

No. There was one guy at microsoft who said that and guess what? He doesnt work for microsoft since that comment.

all i keep hearing is misquotes and rumours, why cant people wait for real details to be released? I could make up the rumours that have been going around and people would still believe them!

You mean the real details that were supposed to come out in the big fuck off reveal Yesterday? There are some rumours flying around, sure, but most of the things people are getting angry about are confirmed, such as lack of backwards-compatability, always-on DRM, and fucking Kinect.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed May 22, 2013 11:50 am

herzeleid wrote:They don't give a single shit at all about Japan either, clearly. They didn't even bother with the pleasant "Good morning, or good afternoon, good evening or good night, depending on where you are watching from"

All they seem to really care about is America, and that's why such a bitter taste is left in my mouth I think. It's basically America the console. I don't want to have to talk to myself to get the TV to turn on and start showing my stuff waving my arms about like an idiot. I'm perfectly content with the Remote control/clicker/buttons/whateveryoufeellikecallingit

Japan dont even sell 360s anymore so why should they care? The japanese are very racist in this respect that the majority of them would not give the 360 a chance because its an american console. If i was in charge in america the ps3 would have been pulled from shops at the same time the japanese stopped seeling 360s :lol:

not all details are released at the reveal skippy. We havent even see the ps4 yet it was announced first. Remember the world is full of stupid people who cannot handle too much information in one go like we can :lol:

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Wed May 22, 2013 11:52 am

More details will hopefully be given at E3. I love how there are people complaining about the complainers on facebook, saying that gamers are "expecting too much" from developers.

We're not. We just want games to be announced. Preferably new IP's.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Wed May 22, 2013 11:56 am

Delightful-Jim wrote:More details will hopefully be given at E3. I love how there are people complaining about the complainers on facebook, saying that gamers are "expecting too much" from developers.

We're not. We just want games to be announced. Preferably new IP's.

I do love the fact that people are complaining about people complaining that a games console has been announced with a sheer lack of communication about the gaming itself.

I mean, announcing a Halo TV series? Really?
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed May 22, 2013 11:59 am

That will absolutely come at E3. The console reveal was short on games i think because consoles do more now so if they put in loads of games it would take forever to get through the presentation and also they want the focus on the console not the games at this point.

For people that arent trying to pick everything apart to find the flaws, there was actually some potentially significant information released about a new matchmaking system. No major details but looks promising.
i hope their new matchmaking system actually makes a difference and doesnt just fail and get forgotten. If it works it could make online gaming more fun for everyone.

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Wed May 22, 2013 12:20 pm

CrappyMike wrote:
not all details are released at the reveal skippy. We havent even see the ps4 yet it was announced first. Remember the world is full of stupid people who cannot handle too much information in one go like we can :lol:

My point was that people seem more annoyed at what has been confirmed rather than a lack of information, but I take the point that a lot could be confirmed between now and the release (particularly the games). Don't forget they have 15 exclusives! Although how many of those are going to be crappy Kinect games who knows?

OK so I'm being very cynical towards Xbox at the moment, but it comes from massive disappointment. After the PS4 annoucement I was ready to buy the new Xbox, but this looks even worse. May have to skip this generation of consoles altogether.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Wed May 22, 2013 12:22 pm

Did Sony even show the console in their announcement? :lol:

Fisheth24
Consort of the Beast

Postby Fisheth24 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:Did Sony even show the console in their announcement? :lol:

That's the only thing Microsoft had up against Sony!

Also, Angry Joe's rant is very amusing,informative and pretty much what I've been saying in here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ekOtn7L1N0

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Wed May 22, 2013 12:38 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:Did Sony even show the console in their announcement? :lol:

I don't get the big fuss over that. You know basically what it looks like - a box with a disc slot in it. Knowing what it does is more important, surely?

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Wed May 22, 2013 12:39 pm

Skippy wrote:

I don't get the big fuss over that. You know basically what it looks like - a box with a disc slot in it. Knowing what it does is more important, surely?

It is, yeah, but it's just funny to know that they tried to get a one-up on Sony by actually showing their console, yet Sony's shares have gone up slightly after the show :lol: