Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby JamieH » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Turbo wrote:So what's the new COD like then pps?

A mate got it today and basically said the movement makes it a bit different from the others, but other than that it's standard CoD and it's fun for now while people don't know the maps yet, but it will be the usual shite when people know their way around and start to try hard.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:34 am

i've been playing a few games lately. horizon 2 is still going, i have just reached level 150 and got my gold wristband but got plenty left to do. i still have loads to do in shadow of mordor but that has been put aside because i will not get time to play it properly. i started lords of the fallen and that too is being put aside. its good, but its not a pick up and play for half an hour kind of game and im too busy with work to get properly into it. sunset overdrive is staying in the xbox for a while, its insanely good fun. also been playing warriors orochi 3 ultimate a bit as well, just tried a new mode they added called gauntlet mode and skipped the tutorial because its a warriors game, they shouldnt even come with tutorials anymore surely? but i was wrong. i have no idea how to play that mode. also, the enemies are just insanely tough. like last level of the story on the hardest difficulty tough. fuck that.
got the master chief collection coming out soon which i will be all over, should be the last few quiet weeks at work before xmas, so i will make the most of that, and the DA inquisition this month as well, with a six hour trial on EA access that i will be taking advantage of for sure. if i have money i may buy WWE 2k15 but i might just wait until january when i have nothing but time.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:38 pm

JamieH wrote:
Turbo wrote:So what's the new COD like then pps?

A mate got it today and basically said the movement makes it a bit different from the others, but other than that it's standard CoD and it's fun for now while people don't know the maps yet, but it will be the usual shite when people know their way around and start to try hard.

I only want COD for zombies. Bankshotting newbs got boring in Black Ops 1.

JamieH

Postby JamieH » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:42 pm

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard there is no zombies yet, you have to buy the DLC season pass to get zombies whenever it comes out and that's the only way you can get it.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:44 pm

I don't think there is any on this copy. It's a Treyarch thing and this was made by Steamhammer (hu r dey?).

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:31 am

I'm usually not into FPS, especially MMS, but it's actually fun. Not gonna set the world alight by any means, but it's the only CoD game to even slightly interest me. Usually I stick firmly to my old school shooters, so hats off to Sledgehammer for keeping me entertained!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:24 pm

downloading the beta for the crew, i cant see it matching up to horizon 2 but i'll give it a go.

Urinal2001
Consort of the Beast

Postby Urinal2001 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:21 pm

CrappyMike wrote:downloading the beta for the crew, i cant see it matching up to horizon 2 but i'll give it a go.

oooh, just checked my emails and i have a code as well. Id forgotten id registered for the beta until i read your post.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:04 pm

Gonna get on alien tonight, been hammering lords of the fallen, it's fun if you like a bit of minor grinding, lvl 78 cleric with a light armour build is the shit yo

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:50 pm

not impressed by the crew beta tbh. its like need for speed most wanted/carbon/undercover in some ways, but its not as good. maybe if i hadnt been playing horizon 2 i would enjoy it more but the driving just feels off somehow, which in a racing game is a big problem.

JamieH

Postby JamieH » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:56 pm

So as expected, Blizzard announced a new game at Blizcon.

Looks like TF2 with more classes, basically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYC44YPb_5k

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:29 pm

The cinematic trailer (as with most Blizzard) is well worth a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNhcT_NivD8

I'm rather tempted by it. It's been some time since a multiplayer FPS took my fancy (since BF1942) and this one is tickling me.

JamieH

Postby JamieH » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:37 am

It does look like it could be rather fun, but it will never last against TF2 unless it's free to play as well, which I doubt it will be. Even if it was free, I think it'd still struggle against TF2.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:11 am

This is the company that made a trading card game on a computer a success. I think you may yet be surprised (although I think it will still be free to play).

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:45 pm

Think they're like 3 years too late with this game. The Blizzard die hards will buy it, s'about it. It'll probably bomb on PC (Unless it's free and has hats) but it'll probably be alright on console.