Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:54 pm

resogun is excellent, well worth buying

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:52 am

Picked up Battlefield 4 and Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 yesterday. Both are going back tomorrow.
Sniper I just can't get into, and we had a power cut while I was on the first mission and couldn't be bothered to start again. I may change my mind on taking it back, but I can't see myself wanting to play it anytime soon.

Battlefield 4 can just completely go and fuck itself. Absolutely chock full of bugs that stop you progressing - I had to restart a mission because after killing all of the enemies, it didn't trigger the cutscene, so I was wandering around aimlessly hopelessly looking for whatever I was meant to find, or whoever I was meant to kill, while some dick in a helicopter asks me for targets. Then today, I try a mission 3 times, first 2 times the boat I start in gets stuck on random debris and won't reverse off, then the third time I get past the debris and onto the beach and my fucking character decides "nah I'm alright in the boat" and won't get out!
I haven't downloaded any updates because the file is over a gigabyte, and I don't want to boot up my PS3 and then wait a couple of hours until I play a game.
I'm sick of developers releasing incomplete games and thinking they can just patch it later. A few megabytes is fair enough, as that can just be coding or updating an old file that got missed before the disc went out (in fact Sniper 2 had a 150mb update, which wasn't a problem), but over a gigabyte means that the game on the disc just is not finished. Yet they still expect fans to pay £50+ on release? Ridiculous!
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:32 pm

finished my trial of dragon age today, after doing the prologue with a different character. the reason for this is i went and used the dragon age keep website, which is actually pretty good. it did take me a while to get some of my choices locked in because some things obviously cant be picked together unless theres another choice done the right way, so had to go back and change things that it wouldnt let me have at first. hopefully it will be worth doing because its quite extensive and as i said it took a while.

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:02 pm

Well Far Cry 4 is amazing! Only a few hours in and it's already won game of the year for me :) Truly superb.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:14 pm

Johnny Tightlips wrote:Thanks both!

Amy, looked at that list after posting in here actually haha I shall definitely be using that site in the future as we love our co-op games. Totally forgot Diablo III had co-op, and checking out the reviews the PS4 co-op seems to be excellent. I expect we'll get that to start with.

Really surprised to see the new COD has it! Won't be getting that as I prefer to avoid console FPS gaming.

Resogun looks great though, will be purchasing that.

I can personally attest that the Diablo 3 PS4 local co op works great. No problems, and it's a blast. :D

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:38 pm

Don't get the fuss about the farcry series anymore, first one (on pc) was great after that, utter utter shite

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:09 pm

mikeftw wrote:Don't get the fuss about the farcry series anymore, first one (on pc) was great after that, utter utter shite

Agreed in part. Far Cry was a great game, but Far Cry 2 was one of the worst games I've ever played. In all fairness I've not played any of them after FC2 though.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Far Cry was excellent, Far Cry 2 was horrendous, 3 was great in places but let itself down in others, but I loved the Blood Dragon expansion.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:20 pm

Yeah Far Cry 2 was an abomination! Far Cry 3 was brilliant and Far Cry 4 is even better

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:02 am

Traded Battlefield 4 and Sniper 2 in today for WWE 2K15. That'll be going back too.

Same problems I had with 2K14 - Dodgy controls, no tutorial/practice mode and nearly impossible to successfully hit reversals or kick out after missing once. Would much rather just watch wrestling.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:08 pm

Didn't particularly enjoy far cry, although it was decent. Disliked 2, really enjoyed 3. I'll play 4 at some point but I'm in no rush.

Got wwe last night, and I am enjoying it though I have only played career mode. Its slow at times and you are limited in what you can do, as you have to upgrade your stats and buy abilities. I can't do top rope dives yet so I am working towards that. I hope the pace picks up as I upgrade because it is quite slow, they have acted as if the match rating system is new, but really it was in smackdown vs raw 09 I think it was, still a good system though. Good so far, but needs to speed up.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:50 am

Apparently, if you start acting like a heel (getting DQ'd, etc), you get a longer and more fulfilling story in the career mode.
Can't confirm for myself as I traded it back in earlier :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:53 am

Leveling is Warlords of Draenor is so fucking fun.

I don't know if it's the characters or the shiny new environment, but I've loved it so far.

Also seems quick as fuck, I'm upto 54 in like 3 hours.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:27 pm

Far Cry 4 is really good, and has genuinely stunning graphics.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Applecore wrote:Apparently, if you start acting like a heel (getting DQ'd, etc), you get a longer and more fulfilling story in the career mode.
Can't confirm for myself as I traded it back in earlier :lol:

might give it a go, i have a few dirty moves in my moveset but there arent a lot to pick from. i reckon i'll get up to the main show first though. judging from the trophies you can do some pretty cool things, joining the authority or the wyatt family, forcing william regal to retire, defeating brock lesnar, i imagine thats just some of what you can do. i've just gone on to superstars but still defending my NXT title. had a falls count anywhere match with bo dallas, my second 5 star match (first was against corey graves). it had everything, tables, ladders, chairs, baseball bats, the ring bell, ending with an Omega Driver on the stage. its a match i'd like to see on TV :lol: