Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
thehairyone
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby thehairyone » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:02 pm

I have downloaded both Gameboy and Gameboy Advance emulators for the phone. I already have Pokemon for both (Yellow and Ruby)... but what other games should I get?

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:52 pm

Stranded Kids.

EDIT: And Azure Dreams.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:33 pm

I can't believe how addicted I am to PayDay 2. Definitely one of the best shooters I have played in years <3

JamieH

Postby JamieH » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Actually had a good group in LFG on WoW tonight, got pretty far through Highmaul before they had to go due to the time, added me on battle.net to finish it off tomorrow. Right funny cunts as well, ex Hull uni students freeloading on the Uni TS server so we were just talking shite the whole time :lol:

If only everyone on WoW was like that.. ha

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:30 am

Yeah, LFR is the most horrible thing at times.

Also Suikoden 2 is coming to PSN in January, Apparently you can get Suikoden 1 but only on Vita, can't seem to find too much about it.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:31 am

I really need to get around to getting my iLvl up so I can do some Highmaul on normal.

I tried LFR and it's alright but man, there's like zero mechanics. Seemed near impossible to actually die.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:46 am

Im finally setting my xbox up in the next week. Will be playing games offline for the foreseeable future due to my xbox being just outside of my wifi zone but at least I can complete the balance of games I want to before I am looking at the xbone.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:48 am

CrappyMike wrote:the fucking AI in the last of us is ridiculous. 5 TIMES i have been spotted by enemies and killed in the same room, or rather the woman following me has been spotted and i have been killed. i cannot get past that room because she keeps standing out in the open or walking out in front of an enemy. just before this she walked out right in front of a soldier for no reason and i had to shoot him in the head to be able to move on. Im usually not great at stealth games, i can do them but i will usually get spotted and have to either fight or hide, in this i have been doing quite well which makes it even more annoying :lol:

This is exactly why I ended up returning it. Got stuck at one part and hadn't even seen a fucking zombie yet.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

JamieH

Postby JamieH » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:33 pm

Jobdone wrote:I really need to get around to getting my iLvl up so I can do some Highmaul on normal.

I tried LFR and it's alright but man, there's like zero mechanics. Seemed near impossible to actually die.

Oh yeah the LFR for the first part of Highmaul is insanely easy.. you really don't have to try at all. Good luck when you try it through the group finder, people are such bellends :lol:

Also, quick and easy way to get your iLvl up, do battlegrounds for a while and get the gear from strongboxes.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:43 am

Picked up Infamous: Second Son on the cheap the other day. It looks beautiful and is so far, seemingly a lot more difficult that the first 2 (at least until you get a few more powers). Running out of smoke is a bastard when you don't know where to get more from but it's oh so stisfying travelling around the city.

Not really liking Delsin as much as a character though. Hoping he goes through some big development but it's also maybe because I liked Cole so much.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Nichrome
Consort of the Beast

Postby Nichrome » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:09 am

Anyone going to buy Hatred when it's released?

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:11 am

Considering it seems like a thoroughly mediocre game relying on controversy and publicity for sales, no.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:57 am

I think in the past three months, I've pretty much exclusively played FIFA. Oh the shame...
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Getting tempted to buy a new 3DS now I've found where the right time to play is. Or I could just stick to emulation.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:01 pm

thehairyone wrote: I've found where the right time to play is.

I play Candy Crush on the john, its free.