Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Jobdone » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:58 am

Black Flag on the cheap.

Having that, my mate had so much fun on that game.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:02 pm

it is excellent, has the same problem as other AC games though that it insists on spending the first few hours teaching you how to play the game. its the sixth one by my count, fucking add a separate tutorial already :x :lol:

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:16 pm

Too right, fucking annoying. AC3 did decide to change the controls a tad which did take up to the moment I completed the game to get used to.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:54 pm

AC unity is fairly cheap at my work right now, with discount i can get it for just over £20 but i think i'll just wait, i already have too many games to play as it is. also the aforementioned issue :lol:

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:35 am

I keep getting a fucking error message when I try to buy anything from Steam or even add funds to my wallet. From doing some reading on the Steam forum, I might be fucked until they bother to get back to my support ticket. Apparently buying too many things in seperate transactions triggers some sort of security alert!

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:10 am

euantehclansman wrote:I keep getting a fucking error message when I try to buy anything from Steam or even add funds to my wallet. From doing some reading on the Steam forum, I might be fucked until they bother to get back to my support ticket. Apparently buying too many things in seperate transactions triggers some sort of security alert!

i need them to do this to me :lol:

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:45 pm

CrappyMike wrote:
euantehclansman wrote:I keep getting a fucking error message when I try to buy anything from Steam or even add funds to my wallet. From doing some reading on the Steam forum, I might be fucked until they bother to get back to my support ticket. Apparently buying too many things in seperate transactions triggers some sort of security alert!

i need them to do this to me :lol:

I am buying a pile (read 6) of cheap crappy games, no hunners of the latest. Who would hack my account to buy Agricultural Simulator 2011? :x

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:55 pm

euantehclansman wrote:Who would hack my account to buy Agricultural Simulator 2011? :x

All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

WrestlingAndMetal
Lowly Peon

Postby WrestlingAndMetal » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:00 pm

Hopefully Santa is kind enough to remember I reaaaaaly want a PS4 this year, destiny pack :yes:
Free thinkers are dangerous

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:23 pm

Right guys one day I'm going to go next gen. Wich console is the one? I'm leaning more towards Xbox as its so much cheaper than PS4.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:42 pm

PC. :P
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:46 pm

WorMzy wrote:PC. :P

Have you seen the cost of gaming PCs? :lol:

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:53 pm

Davros wrote:
WorMzy wrote:PC. :P

Have you seen the cost of gaming PCs? :lol:

Have you seen the cost of next gen consoles?

You can get a decent PC for not much beyond that if you look in the right place. The PC we've got downstairs cost £400 and can play most games on High-Ultra High without any fuss.

The next gen consoles have nothing that seem worth it yet. Quite happy with my 360 and my laptop for now. Now if Steam can stop raping my wallet for just one second...
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:22 pm

Davros wrote:Right guys one day I'm going to go next gen. Wich console is the one? I'm leaning more towards Xbox as its so much cheaper than PS4.

a serious answer to this: xbox.

PS4 has sold more, but microsoft have done more since launch to improve the xbox than sony have for the PS4, and both had a lot of room for improvement. still do to be honest, but at least microsoft are doing something. i also prefer the controller, the touch pad on the PS4 controller is a bad gimmick and the light is utterly pointless, it just drains the battery. kinect is actually handy but as far from essential as can be. and then there is the games. xbox wins this one as well, though the PS4 has more exclusives, most of them are either small arcade titles, indie games or not even close to release. xbox has a number of excellent exclusive titles available already.
i probably use both about the same amount, but the best games on PS4 are also on xbox one, or are remastered. infamous is the best exclusive game and its nothing special.

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:34 am

CrappyMike wrote:
Davros wrote:Right guys one day I'm going to go next gen. Wich console is the one? I'm leaning more towards Xbox as its so much cheaper than PS4.

a serious answer to this: xbox.

PS4 has sold more, but microsoft have done more since launch to improve the xbox than sony have for the PS4, and both had a lot of room for improvement. still do to be honest, but at least microsoft are doing something. i also prefer the controller, the touch pad on the PS4 controller is a bad gimmick and the light is utterly pointless, it just drains the battery. kinect is actually handy but as far from essential as can be. and then there is the games. xbox wins this one as well, though the PS4 has more exclusives, most of them are either small arcade titles, indie games or not even close to release. xbox has a number of excellent exclusive titles available already.
i probably use both about the same amount, but the best games on PS4 are also on xbox one, or are remastered. infamous is the best exclusive game and its nothing special.

Yeah I've seen the controller and I wasn't impressed. I like the look of the list of games out for it.

As for PC gaming I've got a good Win 8 HP laptop with a Nivada graphics card. Will that run decent games?